Wanted to spread around the word of the German series "Dark" which aired on Dec 1st

Wanted to spread around the word of the German series "Dark" which aired on Dec 1st.

And holy fuck, this did get less attention than it deserves.
>b-but stranger things ripoff!!!
It's not a Stranger Things ripoff, in no single way. If you think that, you didn't watch it.

Nobody has ever heard about this, but I might check it out if you shill it well enough.
Pitch it, user. What is it? What does it do well? Why is it worth seeing?

It's bad, don't watch it

Thank you, devout Netflix employee #6483

Tell me why I should watch it and I will, I've been burned too many times by Netflix shows and the people with no standards that watch them.

>kid goes missing in small german town and weird stuff starts happening
>interesting characters, broad range of them too
>good cinematography
> music isnt le ebin 80 synth shit, actually decent
> dat opening

it isn't the most amazing thing ever, but its entertaining enough. make sure to watch it in german with subs though, dubs a shit

Watching it right now user. You're full of shit at least with the music. A lot of it is straight up 80s synthpop

Haven't watched Stranger things, the trailer looked like some childish drivel, this show is great though. Dark atmosphere, compelling story, interesting characters, very good cinematography, amazing soundtrack and surprisingly well acted. The overdone time-travel aspect almost ruins it though.

Bampu

Finished it a few days ago, very good.
Jesus Christ Ulrich..

A

He just wanted to save his son. Also fuck the bipolar borderline psycho bitch

Do you mean Hannah?

pretty much made me not want to watch it ever
thanks

time travel plot explanation is for plebs

those music-slow cameras at the end of every episode make me hate it a bit.

it's ok, but feels like a waste of time once
you know everything is a bucle,
and there will be no surprise at all

The mystery around the kids experiments is the only thing that keep me over all that shitty drama

Ok, I just finished the last episode and I feel extremely conflicted about the series.

This whole thing will be riddled with spoilers, FYI.

The build up and the atmosphere of this series was something other worldly. I haven’t seen such a dark, gritty and real character development in a series for a long time. The writers have done a terrific job of intertwining their dark fates, and, oh boy, the producer/director stitched it all into a mellow spectacular piece of art.

This doesn’t deserve the ‘Stranger Things’ mark, as this series doesn’t lean on nostalgia to be great. I would rather, although with great displeasure, compare it to ‘12 Monkeys’.

Over the first nine episodes you got to knew the town and their darkest secrets, you got to know their deep sorrow and deepest regrets. Seeing Ulrich in 1953 after been broken down gradually in the other episodes, stranded in time and appearing deranged and desperate made a heavy impression.

When the final episode started to close in on its ending, the warning lights started to flash. All those characters you’ve got to know so far seems to be tossed away for the underlying plot. The same plot, that only felt like an excuse or a hook, that rightfully was shadowed by the drama, suddenly takes the wheel. I’m talking about the infinite time loop future shit “good vs evil” plot that Makes me want to puke

Why the fuck did they do this? It seemed like one of this years best shows until it’s conclusion or rather cheap cliffhanger. I REALLY didn’t want this to turn into a 8-season costume drama piece of shit, but it feels like that’s the direction it’s going.

Either way, I would still recommend everyone seeing this, it’s definitely worth your time, but be wary a disappointing season ending.

Anyone else feel the same way about this?

Final 15 minutes of the finale were dog shit IMHO, time travel ( especially with 4 different time lines) is a big problem to successful portray.
Ending ruined it, reminds me of the returned ( French series) exact same thing, small town, dark ambience, and the dog shit finale.

I completely agree hence

Yeah, I had the feeling it was going to get wrapped up in a depressive way with Jonas killing himself or some of the sort; I was prepared to go to bed feeling sad tonight. Instead I’ll go feeling conflicted and betrayed.

Feels like they changed producer there in the last 15 minutes

>that cinematography
God it's so fucking good

Well, now literally the only thing I know about this show is that it could be called a Stranger Things rip-off. Great job selling it you dumb faggot.

>Yeah, I had the feeling it was going to get wrapped up in a depressive way with Jonas killing himself or some of the sort

I'm torn. Part of me would have actually preferred something of that sort or even more depressing involving more characters and make the whole time travel issue something passive. The active jumping limited to the priest only. That would have still made the Ulrich and mikkel arcs possible without overdoing it with everyone and their mother traveling at will.

Something like the killing with a little supernatural twist would have been the ideal choice.

On the other hand I would have liked if they had ended with the priest's prophecy being fulfilled by Jonas causing the loop.

Regardless, power plant lady, 2052 and Jonas jumping at will at two different ages heavily takes away from it. Up to episode 7 or something this was a 9/10 and then it turned to a 6/10 with Ulrich saving it from falling even further.

Of course I do. She is hot but not worth it. Never stick your dick into crazy.

Had some nice pusy

That's bullshit. Crazy is were it's at. Just need the right kind. You want them to have been molested enough they can only get off when you basically rape them but not so much they have an episode and stab you afterwards.

The finale was garbage

>it isn't the most amazing thing ever
in other words it is shit

>German
Finally something where you know for certain that there won't be any comedic elements.

Hard to find that without being already in their claws.

bi-polar is usually a good indicator for the potentially stabby kind, all other PDs you can work with. When in doubt look at the labels of their meds and google them if they're unfamiliar.