Was Fantastic Beasts good? I didn't see it

Was Fantastic Beasts good? I didn't see it.

It was okay

It was ok. The fat guy was the best part.

it was better than it had any rights to be
the fat guy was awesome

Farrell and the fat man were good. Depp and Redmayne were bad.

mediocre

It felt like a cynical cash grab that only loosely tied to the pre-established universe. It had some neat visuals and set design though.

Good? It was excellent. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has extremely exciting and unique characteristics when set against the others. One of the many consistencies in the series is its excitement and creative use of special effects, which really helps bring the magic alive and the action ert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series wouldn’t be subjected to the bland directorial style he fell into afterwards with War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Big Friendly Giant. The profitable cross-promotion for her books was really just an afterthought. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Fast and the Furious series in its refusal of stupidity, inanity, and lack of logic. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"Yes!"
The writing is imaginative and comes off of the page; the book is a masterpiece. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character “stretched his legs” rather than using the duller “went for a walk” expression.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time I saw a child’s eyes come alive with wonder while reading the books. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so naturally attuned to the Jungian archetypes that govern human thought that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a whiny, pathetic review of Harry Potter by some guy on Sup Forums. He wrote something to the effect of, “Harry Potter is full of poop.” And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read “Harry Potter” you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

HOWDAREYOU

kek

Okay, I laughed.

>"Yes!"
A daring deconstruction of the original source material

>fantwasstic beasstss and wer to finem

You've breathed new life into an old classic. Bravo.

>"Yes!"
avant-garde

It was fucking awful
I wanted to leave the cinema
Didn't they stop to think about actually making the film about magical beasts instead of just inserting them in the film for a while then getting on to the actual plot?

EXCELLENT FRANCHISE

>the action ert.
Brilliant.

I'm guessing you liked BvS

If fantastic beasts was boring and mediocre with too much of the runtime being taken up by irrelevant shit why do you think i'd enjoy BvS?

It was garbage. Just seemed like it went from one ‘hey look at this cool cgi thing’ to the next

you forgot to change the end fuck

Touché

Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

>Eddie Redmayne: look everyone, I am an autistic twink with magical powers and a dark side!
>Ezra Miller: hold my dildo

Are you sure you weren't watching a Marvel movie

its hard to go wrong with the premise but somehow they fuck everything up

Turns out it was Justice League

These are all correct. The movie was generally ok to mediocre. The overarching story was really weakly developed and the two leads were boring and uncompelling.

However, the supporting characters, Jacob and Queenie, and their romantic subplot actually had legitimate heart and charm. If the movie was just about them, it would have been loveley, but nah, it was some shitty metaphor for homosexuality/child abuse starring an actual woman beater.

It was alright. But it kinda felt like two different movies mashed together, one of which was a comedy and the other which was a strangely dark Harry Potter backstory.

This.
The premise should have been
>Wizard David Attenborough discovers and/or observes fascinating magical creatures, coming into contact with unscrupulous/dark wizards along the way
They could have done literally anything with that.

Having watched only the first three Potter films and only liking the first one, I was not inclined to go see FB. Felt no need for more of the same from the woman who invented that genius game Quidich.
Ensuing circumstances led me to seeing it anyhow. Was pleasantly surprised. Like it more than any other Potter movie. Would watch a 2nd time.
8.5/10

>Fantastic Beasts
>its just a Harry Potter Grindelwald war prequel series
Should gave just been honest about it.

The main actor guy was weird. It’s like he didn’t move his face when he spoke. I found it off putting.

Exactly what I was thinking. Yates had no right directing 1 let alone 4 of the fucking HP movies. He is so boring of a director and his style is so bleak its ridiculous for a franchise and world that could be so colorful and creative.

This is the HP cinematic universe, the core movies at least had charm, this was just blatant box checking by a team of marketers. JK really does not give a shit anymore. Its hard to hate her though cause of all the donating but she really is letting her franchise go.