Is DC trying to turn him into Gohan?

Is DC trying to turn him into Gohan?

Jon is so fucking based!

I kinda got that sense too actually, which makes me like him more.

Seriously I feel like they are turning him into what Gohan was supposed to be.

Be careful, anons. Get too attached and when he starts to job its going to hurt. I speak as a life long, Gohanfag.

He will be a nerd

why is he wearing eyeliner

Artists mistake

Don't judge Superboy

He has the potential to be stronger than his father, but execs pushing for the status quo will have him weaker if in any way relevant in the future.

Just like Gohan.

Calling it now, the trades for Super Sons will be a hit with new readers.

user, i don't know how to tell you this, but he's to job hader than Martian Manhunter

I think that part is fucking bs. But at the same time what made me think he was being turned into Gohan

So he will end up being a disappointment?

How can Jon be stronger? Isn't he only half-Kryptonian?

DC will give him his own cell games arc which sets him up to take his father's place on the justice league only to get cucked last minute after editors decide that Clark should still remain the main character so they marry jon off and make him the biggest jobber the dcu has ever seen

Prime is Cell

Some hybrids are actually stronger than their parents in real life.

Plus humans in DC have that meta gene bullshit.

Maybe his human side carries the meta gene or some shit. So essentially he's a meta human and kryptonian mix or something. Maybe DC just doesn't understand genetics and are ass pulling shit.

Obviously genetics in DC are bullshit, otherwise Clark and Lois couldn't have kids at all. And Bruce would be crippled at this point.

it's creepy how much you guys and reddit are digging him

No clue, if i was left to assume i'd imagine they'd come up with some bullshit reason to make yellow sun energy more potent for him and/or eventually kryptonite immunity would be a thing.

Batman stated as such but without giving an explanation then and there, kinda pissed me off but there's a thousand reasons that could be made up for why that would be.

Super is making Gohan great again

I think it'll turn out to be him being able to resist red sun light and grow a stronger tolerance for kryptonite.

They're just making him able to fight, he'll never be a proper contender to defeat a bad guy ever again.

The fact his father is Superman means he is doomed to be in his shadow forever.

It makes sense that he wouldn't be affected by kryptonite like his dad but maybe he would have a few vulnerabilities that Superman doesn't

So uhh... What happened to the other Superboy?

As long as he's not a Goten...

Please let Kathy be Miss Martian

Lobdell destroyed him. He was a clone of future Jon and he sucked. Kenan is better anyway so I don't mind if he doesn't come back.

Yes and I'm ok with it

He heard tell that Superboy Prime was coming back and went into hiding.

They sucked

Reddit is full of shotafags?

Murdered by Editorial(again)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sup Forums can never know that there are parts of Reddit that love cute boys and /ss/.
The war of mutual shiposting must never end.

So which bat kid is this child paired with?

Shouldn't it be the another way around?

Dick Grayson.

Everyone loves cute boys user. That's just science.

Wiped completely from existence!

OMG, and Cobb is Marsian manhunter?

:O

This might be blasphemy but anybody else see a resemblance between Gleason's art and Henderson's?

Hey, he has a better chance of doing it than Vegeta!

I don't know if he'll be the big hero but he's definitely gonna get some major wins, they've been making an effort to re-establish him as the secondary protagonist after Vegeta held that role from the late Buu Saga till the end of the Black/Zamasu Saga.

Really compare Gohan and Vegeta's roles in the current saga so far, Gohan's in almost every episode, he has his own side plots going on, and gets almost as much focus as Goku... Vegeta so far is pretty much relegated to comic relief as Dadman, freaking Buu and Krillin have contributed more to the plot than him.

I'll never understand why hybrids are stronger than the originals.

Fucking Pan, a 1/8 Saiyan, went Super in the fucking womb. A fucking Fetus reached a state that took Goku loosing his best friend and decades of training to achieve.

And yet for some reason they keep the pure breeds as the mains, why even make the hybrids stronger? Wouldn't it just make more sense or make them weaker?

He fucking lost to Krillian last week you fuck!

Gohan was supposed to become the main character, Toryiama just changed his mind at literally the last second, ether by his own choice or from fan pressure depending on who you believe.

As for the others, Goten frankly exist because again Gohan was meant to be the main character of the Buu saga so he wanted someone with a personality similar to Goku, and Trunks is just overshadowed by well... his future self.

Gleason's eyes and mouths can get chipmunky

He was rung out after an attack he had no idea existed, anyway the whole point of that episode was to go "the weaker fighters can still do work in the tournament via tactics". Goku himself was about to be rung out till he went Super Sayian to desipate Krillins beam.

>and decades of training to achieve.

More like 13 years if we're talking from when he was trained by Roshi. I'm pretty sure he's only 25 when he fights Freeza and was 12 at the start of Dragonball

No thanks why are people so obsessed with her being Miss Martian it doesn't make any sense and there haven't been any hints.

It will be weird knowing that she is still +30 years older than him.

Is he gonna go Super Saiyan Jobber?

Well, he all ready has a Trunks.

Miss Martian being 12 years old

She can be the 3rd member of the supersons :O

plaese no I don't want him to job every fight.

Awww its gonna be something when Jon has trouble telling her he's moving to the city.

>Girl
>SuperSONS

Damian is the one he has the most interaction with.

Hey Future Trunks deals with it. So if Jon is Gohan he can too.

What does job mean?

>let me introduce you to my boyfriend

Lose to opponents you should ko with one punch

Who? You talking about that cancelled DC book? We don't talk about cancelled stuff here, user.

when a character gets their ass totaled in a series of fight

Is that sum kid Raven and Starfire?

Basically when your function is to lose to some new antagonist to show how strong they are to increase the stakes.

yeah they got younged up again for Teen Titans Rebirth

This is great news for muh dik

Krypto/human hybrid are stronger, they just take longer to develop. Kon had all of Superman's powers, but weaker, in addition to his telekinesis. A power he'd used to completely block magic attacks.

I hate how he looks borderline anime.

He died in some humorously awful scene best left forgotten.

Kek.

They actually look like a good team, more interesting dynamic than the one between Bruce and Clark.

>still do work in the tournament via tactics
Bless that Super is taking the OG Dragon Ball formula with technique and tactics trumping over raw power

When is DC giving Wonder Woman a daughter so she can team up with them?

Look up Heterosis AKA hybrid vigor

Also you don't get specific half your parents' traits you get a certain combination from both of them, for all we know Jon got heat vision, super strength, and invulnerability (maybe no flight) from Kal and from Lois he got her human immunity to Kryptonite plus a dormant metagene that might kick up giving him more powers.

Hopefully never

I honestly like Bruce's dynamic with Superbro better than with Superdad especially since the latter just has no patience for Bruce while the former could get Bruce to emote more.

I dunno but I'm not feeling their dynamic especially not after the merger.

>giving Wonder Woman a daughter

I like the idea of giving her a son, personally.

If only because I like angst, and having a male heir to her legacy would piss off themyscira, making for an interesting backstory

Wonder Son, why the hell not. Let Ares instill hate and rage into the boy

Cute

He needs a piccolo

Not until he learns to DODGE from his other father Batman.

Bruce is right there.

That looks gayer than a leather pinata.

When Pan was made, Gohan was already pretty strong, if anything because of grinding the Saiyan near-death bonus.

>Wonder Boy

Can't just steal robins name, you little shit

Because mules have the torque of donkeys at nearly the size of a horse user.

So you can definitely get a creature superior to either parent species, at least in certain ways.

A liger is bigger than a lion or a tiger because the sexes that carry the growth limiting gene are different in lions and tigers, so you can get a super-sized cat.
Or a tiny one with the opposite cross.

So maybe Jon got an incomplete copy of some genetic power limiter inherent in Kryptonians.

But trunks is his protege :^)

no, the third member must be a clearly older girl, like 18 or so.

For reasons.

But did starfire still get dicked?

Wonder Lad*

Robin is Boy Wonder.

Wunderkind.

cute shotas

Yeah