The Punisher

It's actually okay-ish.

kike trash

Is that acromegaly?

>okay-ish
Yeah, that's not the biggest turd of all time, there are some nice chunks here and there but it's so goddamn slow, and I don't like the idea that FrankĀ“s family was killed because of generic government conspiracy #1749474. Not to mention there's very little punishing.

This can't be properly discussed without devolving into a half-baked Sup Forums thread, but I liked it too.

Frank kills around 55 people in the show.

But most of them are random mooks.

OP here, to add to that, I watched some episodes last night and managed not to fall asleep so...yeah? There indeed is very little punishing though, and the Punisher/Micro dynamics? Kinda boring. Oh, and the show drastically needs more Karen. We all need more Karen in our lives.

No its jew-ish.

This show was 13 episodes long, which makes it about the length of seven or eight movies. And most of the kills happen in two episodes. If you think that number is a good thing, you must not watch very many action movies.

Fuck off MCUck
No Netflix Original or Marvel series will ever be okay-ish

That's exactly what's he's always done. You want him to kill 55 crime bosses or something, in one season? You're delusional.

He punished his way to Rawlins and then got him to.

But not punishing. There was barely any punishing.
And getting rekt by some hermit is not the Frank Castle I was expecting

The greatest depiction and social commentary on PTSD and veterans ever on TV and all the plebs on Sup Forums can talk about is the lack of dead niggers.

>what is pacing
>what are set pieces
Is John Wick good? That only had around 15 more kills. Is Rambo good? How many kills did that have user, remind me?

How these DC-only kinds of people be real? What if they made one exactly like you would enjoy? You'd still hate Marvel.
>underagebanned

What the fuck are you talking about? He kills badguys, that is the punishing. If you think Frank is all about torture or something you need to read more comics.

to

I hate all capeshit
Fuck off normie

Forgot to mention, I only watched the first 5 eps. Also, 55 people over a 10-eps season is pretty low by Punisher standards.

The female cop was unbearable,she kep switching accents.I fucking hate inexperienced Brit actors they got for cheap.

>Missing the point this hard.
One of people's complaints about the show is that there's almost no action and the Punisher barely kills anyone. If your best defense to that criticism is pointing out that the show depicts Frank killing fewer people than a standard Hollywood action movie, then it should be pretty obvious how flawed that reasoning is.

I don't really care how many people Frank kills. My main problems with the show had to do with its plot and unnecessary changes to Frank's character. Barely any kills would be fine with me as long as the story worked, and I don't think it did.

This is the first Punisher show, it literally SETS THE STANDARD.

Part of the allure of the Punisher was the fact that he tortured the shit out of some baddies, before offing them.
I'm glad he's killing people, but where's the Punisher mystique? Where's the creativity/savagery in his kills? Becuase he seemed pretty tame after Episode 1
I was expecting Punisher shit and got military PTSD thriller, Marvel style.

second best marvel show
"kike trash" is not an argument

The series was eccellent overall and the hand to hand combat in the final episode was based as fuck.

I completely understand how plebs might think its slow though.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can count the times Frank has been shown torturing people on one had, it was almost never a part of the character before Ennis' took over.

What I mean by punishing is killing criminals. Crime boss or mook, it doesn't matter. On the other hand was pretty shockef by Frank killing US soldiers in the fifth episode since that's a major no-no in the comics

It doesn't since there's already three movies and a shit ton of comics.

There were ANVIL guys, not government, they tell you this during the crime scene part. At least pay attention to the show youre complaining about. Get to ep7 to see how he deals wity real soldiers.

this. the episodes have no time constraint because no commercials and that guy isn't a protag

It literally does, as those are a different storytelling medium.

So since it's part of the character now, put that shit in.
Also again, lack of Punisher mystique. I want more kills with weird objects and zoo animals.

>They were Anvil guys
Really ? Aren't they CIA, since they were supervised by Rawlins ?

It should be obvious, but Rawlins is using his status to do shady things on American soil, and Billy with his PMC is helping him.

this

Yeah, different storytelling medium, sure, but you've gotta take into account the source material for the standard. And guess what ? In the source material, the Punisher kills a lot of bad people. It's one of his defining character traits. And that's what this series is lacking. It doesn't feel like a Punisher series, even if it isn't bad.

That BDSM General is like something right out of an MK or Vertigo Ennis comic. That part was funny.

It is literally 1000x better than any and all punisher movies though. It is better than Defenders and Iron Fist
Its better than the second half of Luke Cage. And even though this season was a little long it didnt drag in the middle NEARLY as much asvJessica Jones.

I put the Punisher series right behind Daredevil at the top. Because it may have been long but it was never ever bad.

It's the only comic book tv series that I have been able to withstand.

>better than all the Punisher movies
What ?

All of the Punisher movies are terrible. Even the best one.with Thomas Jane was bad. Bernthal is the definitive Punisher. His casting is up their with Downey snd Evans for being perfect for the part.

I really wish it were more brutal. There were only two or three moments that actually featured a significant level of brutality, otherwise it was no more graphic than Daredevil or Jessica Jones. Was expecting some proper Punisher rampages, like when he fucked up all those guys in the the prison block in the DD season 2, but nothing really on that level at all.

>like when he fucked up all those guys in the prison in DD season 2.

The obligatory hallway fight scene has become a massive cliche of the Netflix MCU and I remember specifically thinking that I was glad that this show avoided doing it. That shit is full on meme level now and wouldnt have fit in this Punishers more grounded show.

Read Punisher: MAX. All of it. You'll thank me later.

most thoughtful and well acted marvel show
the violence was all the more enjoyable by being padded out with character development

What's wrong with them ? Not far enough from the source material, or not boring enough ?

>Why are bad movie bad?

>the jew was getting cucked by the Punisher

what did they mean by this?

Is the Punisher going to cuck Micro out? That's fucked up.

But they're not.
>Punisher (1989):
straight-up 80s action movie with Dolph Lundgren and a cool ninja/yakuza theme. Not incredible but decent
>Punisher(2004):
Weird-ass movie that takes a lot of inspiration from the pre-MAX Garth Ennis comics
>Punisher Warzone:
Probably the best one, an adaptation of the MAX comics. Fast-paced, dark, brutal with tons of delicious gore and a credible Punisher.
Nothing really bad here.

why would you not finish the show and come into a thread to ask something that can be cleared up if you've watched it

The only and I mean ONLY way to enjoy the Punisher movies is ironically. No ironic memery necessary with the current series.

Because it's fun.

>You can enjoy it ONLY ironically
Fucking faggot hipster, I bet you're the kind of cockgobbler who masturbates while thinking about how deeeeep is the stuff you watch is, and complain about the lack of acting chops and character development in movies like Commando.

>He likes the Punisher movies unironnicaly

This doesn't surprise me. Lewis Wilson is basically the embodiment of Sup Forums.

i don't know why they called it "Marvel's Punisher", he was a completely different character.

half the show could have been cut, especially the part about the ptsd terrorist, and nothing would have been lost. they should have wrapped up the conspiracy in the first half of the season and then moved on to punishing street criminals.

>second best marvel show
that's not an argument either considering the garbage netflix has put out.

>All of the Punisher movies are terrible. Even the best one.with Thomas Jane was bad. Bernthal is the definitive Punisher.
lol