How come this franchise is so famous and almost universally loved?

how come this franchise is so famous and almost universally loved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hcLKXdgQO_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Autism

cucks, Reddit and libtards

>Why is something fairly well done, not too complicated, and non-offensive in any way popular?

it's space soap opera

Riding off of the success of the original trilogy

Boomers are still living

(((they))) told you and everyone else to like it so thats what happened. no one really has a choice/free will, its just whatever (((they))) decide for whatever reason

intergalactic Maury Povich electric boogaloo

this, and it's a rewatchable adventure like Lord of the Rings

talking about the original trilogy of course.

god i would love to see some nigger dressed up as darth vader dancing around as Maury says "YOU'RE NOT THE FATHER"!

It's a comfy watch, even the prequels and sequels. No matter how dramatic or narratively successful it is, the movies always take you to "a galaxy far far away," so its like a form of escapism.

i wonder what's the correlation between autism grade and liking star wars

because the original trilogys production values were through the roof compared to contemporaries and even compared to many modern movies such as nustarwars

This and MTV are LITERALLY the only things Gen X has. This franchise is being held up due to them.

cause it had cool toys everyone played with as a kid. it has nothing to do with the actual movies themselves

uh have you watched MTV recently?

because they're fucking fun youtu.be/hcLKXdgQO_k

I LUV DA LAZERBLADE SWOOSH WOOSH HAHA BLUE GRREN LUKE CLONE HAHA DIDNEY SPOONFEED ME MORE OATS HAHA

Because it's fucking kino and the best thing to watch on the big screen other than the occasional war film that comes out.

2 good movies. 2 okay but flawed movies. 2 assembly line movies. And two bad movies.
Not the best track record

I Could tell you. Because I legitimately do know.

But I won't because I want to watch Disney Burn to the ground.

The original trilogy inspires a magical feeling, synthesizing fairy tale fantasy ambiance, Eastern-flavored mysticism, space opera, WW2, and American youth culture (Luke is a teen with a car, Han is the cool older dude who spends his time roaming around). The OT took a bunch of ideas from the previous 80 years of cinema, mixed them in a bag, added a classic hero's journey emotional progression and some charismatic actors, and had mind-blowing special effects that still hold up today. It also featured one of the greatest movie soundtracks of all time, which synced perfectly with the action.

It's also extremely well made from a "language of cinema"/"visual storytelling" perspective.