Wouldn't it have made more sense to have this semen demon star alongside Tony in his books for a bit and build up her...

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have this semen demon star alongside Tony in his books for a bit and build up her fambase and then when Tony is taken out due to CWII she can smoothly transition into the Iron Man role?

You know, like they did with Doom?

But that would require decent writing.

It would still be cheap. It seem like there where going to do this to Daredevil. If Marvel got around to offing daredevil before the company's direction change it would have been just as aggravating.

Yes.

Probably, although I think they should've just let her keep her own armor or an upgraded version of it. Better than just taking Tony's. Would've allowed her to stay around after Tony comes back more easily than being such a replacement.

Have you read G Willow Wilson's response to the "diversity doesn't sell" debacle? I think it sums up my view of these things quite well.

It would also have been better to use Toni Ho I think, as she already has more of a link to Stark and more reason to become like him, as well just being less boring and out of nowhere, and she wouldn't be the black thief.

>have you read a mentally unwell muslim convert's response to the "diversity doesn't sell" debacle
Why would anybody waste their time doing that?

Yes, but Bendis is completely incapable of cohesively and efficiently tying together plot threads. So unless he asked for help writing her stories, this is probably next to the most mediocre way he could've written the story.

Because she explains and appears to understand very well that the issue is more that Marvel is killing off and humiliating popular characters left and right just to replace them with "progressive" and "diverse" characters that are not at all developed in hopes that people will like them out of guilt for minorities instead of being interesting and authentic of themselves, in addition to them all being targeted towards a YA audience and thus alienating the established fanbase while failing to make up for it with an equal or greater new audience. It's also not sustainable to just replace exisitng characters in this way.

Underrated post.

Now I don't want to look stupid but...

Where does she put her hair?

The covers are deceptive. Her actual hair-cut's way smaller.

Here's another option

Just don't make the character

Have you not been paying attention to Marvel for the last few years?

>then when Tony is taken out due to CWII she can smoothly transition
Falcon's been around since the 70's, user; but when he stepped in for Old Steve faggots still screamed like it was their first time taking it in the ass w/o lube.

the afro was the only thing her design had going for it and now its gone good work

This thing was obviously diversity pandering like user says here I mean, even her covers never said her name, they just want to use Tony's name hoping the comic to sell.

That could result in long term success, and Marvel isn't interested in that kind of investment.

They're after a flash in the pan.
> put out new diverse book
> get main stream media attention
> sell a ton of issue #1
> book fails
> repeat

It's pretty clear this whole storyline was done as an afterthought when they realized that Iron Man sales weren't doing so well and they realized Rhodey getting killed off was going to be a bad message to send. Riri's first appearance was published in March and people knew that Rhodey was gonna die back in January when that leaker posted the spoilers for CW2 #1.

It would have made more sense to use Lila Rhodes especially since Bendis killed her uncle

So there were already two young minority girl engineers with ties to Tony, one of them Rhodey's gifted niece who was already offered training by Tony and the other Ho Yinsen's genius lesbian daughter who already got her own armor during Secret Wars anyway. And yet they had to make up a new character out of nowhere and make her a black girl that became the new Iron Person through stealing materials and somehow Tony taking a liking to her? That makes total sense.

Either they really didn't want to use a character created by Ales Kot to avoid giving him money/attention or Bendis went with his own character to get more attention to his work.

Probably the latter, since that seems like something Bendis would do and the former doesn't explain them not using Ewing's Toni Ho.

That would take dedication to making the character work. Marvel doesn't care about characters anymore, they want fresh new products that can be shipped out as soon as one of the old mainstays is put out to pasture.

That sounds like way too much effort for Bendis.

Bendis

They don't acknowledge it explicitly but I think it's implied she chopped it down after her initial introduction.

Bendis?

That would imply that Tony was better than her or that she needed his help to fully realize her potential, and that is unforgivable to Marvel. Nope, instead they just have her make everything from scratch and then complain that she can't pilot her armor correctly without AI help even though every other suit based hero got along just fine without them...

Pandering or not the OP's idea is still better.

It would have been even better if they had used Lila Rhodes. You can have your black girl iron man and it would make sense for her to be there and learn, being James Rhodes niece and all.