Daily reminder Miles will fuck this up

Daily reminder Miles will fuck this up.

How do we stop him before he fulfills the prophecy?

Are they going to forced to reference CW2?

Have we got a bingo table set up yet for this upcoming event?

Miles is a cancer ruining the Marvel Universe. He must be stopped.

What a great line to use before throwing someone out a window

Oh no

This is one of the few things Marvel still has going for it as a comic

I will always post this when I see that image.

>being this right never felt so wrong

What does this mean for Cap?

He is now in command of Hydra.

Fucking A

Current favorite Marvel comic out right now. No lie.

I can see this being an essential moment in Steve's backstory.

I love this new Captain America suit. Something about it just clicks with me, which is something I never thought I'd say about a redesign of Cap's costume.

Say what you will, Spencer writes a charismatic as fuck Red Skull. Panels 4-5 specifically.

God did I miss Jack Flag. Thunderbolts #111 is one of the best showings of why Jack Flag is not to be messed with. In that single issue, he trounced...
>Swordsman (he punched through his sword and proceeded to kick him in the face...multiple times).
> Venom (he used parts of Swordsman's weapon to impale him.
>Songbird (he used a fucking hubcap as a discus -- he ricocheted that thing off a building sign and lampost before striking a moving target in her throat...did I mention it was a hubcap?).
>Penance (he didn't exactly beat him, but he managed to take one of his energy blasts in the back and proceed to keep fucking moving. Those blasts were strong enough to throw cars like toys).
>It was only until Bullseye got the drop on him that he was finally taken down. Not in one on one combat, by a sneak attack.

Steve totally has a thing for older women. Can't say I blame him. Cougar Sharon Carter

Are these legit memories or implanted memories?

From my understanding, Kobik rewrite reality to make it so those memories are real and did in fact happen.

I could be wrong though.

>You know, Rick, I was in the Guardians of the Galaxy for a little while...
I member.

Not 100% on that. It's partially explained in the next issue but nothing definitive.
>I'm going to storytime the first 3 issues
>If the thread survives until the end of my review session, I'll keep going at least for another couple issues.

If the BC spoilers are anything to go by those things did happen and Kobik rewrote reality into a loop were the current Marvel universe is the result of the Allies using the cosmic cube that would then become Kobik.

Zemo going to war with Red Skull. I love it.

It's explained next issue.

Considering doing a Secret Empire Primer leading up to issue 0.
Gonna do Sam/Steve books, Duggan Uncanny Avengers [and the recent issue of DP with HydraCap], and Thunderbolts.

Any other books on the recommended reading list (considering including CWII of Pain and Standoff tie-ins: at least the ANADA and New Avengers issues)

His story kind of makes sense.

I know they're trying for a Senator Armstrong kind of character here in Red Skull but they didn't make him "wrong" enough if you know what I mean.

This is a fun page.

>Things are about to get heated.
HA!

Also I love Cap's new shield. I wasn't sold at first but the new utility of that thing is unique. He's adopting a new style that's more direct and in your face rather than using the Shield as crowd control and keeping others off balance.

It still bothers me in light of this that he didn't bring up Pleasant Hill when he attempt to recruit the Thunderbolts. That was so retarded.

According to Spencer, Steve was deliberately putting on the kid's gloves here.

>Hey, Siri--play "Good Vibrations".
=D

Do we know for certain they experienced Pleasant Hill (I don't remember the event other than the main gist). If they didn't it probably wouldn't be seen as a big enough motivator.

>but they didn't make him "wrong" enough if you know what I mean.
I completely understand where you're coming form but actually think they nailed it. The thing about leaders of cults and other large scale organizations is that they know how to play people. They are smart, they are determined, and they will say what they have to to galvanize the public to their cause.

If he came across as anything else other than patriotic then he wouldn't have been as successful. He'll sway them with exactly what they want to hear and only after he has them under his wing will his zealot tendencies will come out.

>Steve was deliberately putting on the kid's gloves here.
The explanation for why is perfect in the context of the story.

>...Cap?

=O

An intriguing end to end for a solid first issue. Spencer demonstrates that he's got a great handle on Cap and much of his supporting cast and he also establishes the main hook for this series that has a wealth of story potential. It definitely isn't for everyone but it does have a distinct feel from Brubaker Cap and Remender Cap.

That monologue has a nice spin after last week's issue.

I think it's fine. With a little more polishing it could pass as a perfectly understandable political position. That's what attracted guys like Robbie to him in the first place. Then he starts demanding more savage deeds from them and they are too far in to get out. If he started his speech with "We're going to kill all minorities, destroy the west, and create an absolute regime that worships me" he wouldn't have as many followers.

Second favourite of mine, after Ultimates 2. With Nova in the third place.

I'm normally not a fan of splash pages but I really like this one.

God damn! I didn't know the shield could do that!

Absolutely excellent taste. I never in a million years would have expected Nova to be as enjoyable as it is. It's everything I wanted out of a Cosmic Marvel title. Tons of great character interactions set against a backdrop of battle with a cosmic horror.

Y'see, Cap is actually great there. Why the fucking are Miles, Rayshaun, Jimgeorge and Mikefanta ruining it all?

>Apparently someone fed them after midnight.
HA!

Because Miles if Bendis' pet OC. He must be in everything. In books where Miles isn't present, the MC must be asking "Where's Miles?" If anyone is acting like a jerk, Miles will show up and officially woke them. And if you don't like it then you're a fucking racist.

>Do we know for certain they experienced Pleasant Hill (I don't remember the event other than the main gist)

The Fixer, Moonstone and Atlas were in Pleasant and were in fact acting as Zemo's left and right hand. Fixer build the containment unit for Kobik and Moonstone interrogated Selvig for Zemo.

My bad, I didn't see the storytime going on. Deleted the image.

SKUM

I was as surprised as Spencer when he realized Bendis did it so he had to put Miles front and center in his Cap event.

Well, Steve is right.

>--I'll fix it.
Indeed you did, Child. Indeed you did. Now I'm attracted to a homicidal maniac but good on you.

>The Hive plush doll.
Spencer you madman! I love it!

Oh shit!!!!! Pleasant HIll was all the Skull's doing!

Also, Kobik, you scare me. Like seriously soiled pants terrifying.

Is the cosmic cube here an Infinity stone

What exactly does the cube do?

All to easy.

You're golden. I kinda hijacked this thread. Sorry about that.

Here's hoping Spencer manages to pull a rabbit out of his hat and have Cap turn the tables on everyone and take out Miles.

This is a masterful plan. A little long winded and hinges on a few things, but I would have been on board.

Loving this.

I know the structure of that rant was a little pedestrian but still an effective way to end the issue. So far Spencer's two for two.

Pretty sure it has the power to remake reality as the user intends. Definitely a weapon not to be trifled with.

Meh. It's probably an LMD.

Last issue for now. Not going to be chatty because I gotta head to campus and start prepping for a review session. If this thing lasts till 5-6 I'll do another couple issues if people are okay with that.

I like you.

>Which means you must aim lower

I love Spencer's Skull

The tattoo seems a little silly. Protecting his shirt becomes as important as his life.