Iron Fist

variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvels-iron-fist-netflix-most-binged-1202020200/

So...

Was Sup Forums wrong again?

>variety
>most binged
>"scores" based on data collected by outside companies
Then there are all the issues with assuming a corollary between quality, and binge-worthiness.

Netflix doesn't release their ratings numbers, those are third party statistics based on how much viral attention a show gets on facebook and twitter

It's sort of the Streisand effect.

The early reviews were so bad many people took a look to see how bad it really was d stayed until the end.

I tuned in and out for most of the season when I marathoned it.

Bad publicity is still publicity.

All the "muh Iron Fist should be Asian" idiots should've seen it coming. If the controversy wasn't so big, a lot of people wouldn't have cared about the show. Since it was all over the press, people were curious to check it out and see what the fuss is all about.

>Was Sup Forums wrong again?
they always are

For fucks sake Sup Forums the show was badly received because it was shit. Making Danny Asian would not have changed how shitty the show is at all.

If you unironically like this trash then you know nothing of Iron Fist.

I got paid to translate some episodes. Even by low capeshit standards, this is pretty bad - there is almost no actual action (even CW's Flash is better), episodes are drawn out (because Netflix and ~1-hour limit instead of TV's 45" one)

Probably less annoying than Flash because they talk a bit less. My translations were about ~615 lines overall

Where the fuck did I say that I liked it? I didn't even see it you retard, I stopped watching Netflix Marvel after the shitfest that was DD S2.

I don't doubt that it deserved its reviews, I'm just saying that the dumb controversy made more people watch the show. Because it was all over the press, even people that didn't know about Iron Fist were now curious to see what it was all about.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. With all the asian shit Danny says the reviews would have been about "asian minstrelsy" if he had been asian. Liberals are a silly lot; best not to JADE them (Justify, Argue, Defend, or Explain).

I mean, I'm a liberal too and I don't understand why this was such a big controversy.

I understand that there's a clear lack of representation for Asians in Hollywood, but why go after Iron Fist, the dude that's white in the comics? Just because he does martial arts? That sounds really backwards to me. Campaign for a Shang-Chi show, campaign for any other Asian character from the comics to get a movie/show, but getting stuck on Iron Fist seems really weird to me. Christ, pick your battles better is all I'm saying. I can't believe they didn't realize that this would just give the show more publicity and obviously, a bigger audience because of it.

It wasn't just the representation issue, but the fact that it was using the Mighty Whitey trope.

Also, you and I both know they'll never make a Shang-Chi show.

>Also, you and I both know they'll never make a Shang-Chi show.
Why not? If enough people ask for it, there's no reason they wouldn't take it into consideration at least. Punisher got a show after he was well received in DD.

It seems to me that a hashtag about #giveShangChiashow would be more effective than #makeIronFistAsian. ESPECIALLY after they already cast Iron Fist and made the show. Campaigning for Shang-Chi has a higher chance of being successful than just bitching about Iron Fist being white. It's already a done thing.

unlike other marvel shows, ending was solid
>ep 10-13 are better than the rest

>but the fact that it was using the Mighty Whitey trope.

It was made by and for a majority white audience tho.

>Mighty Whitey trope.
are you delusional? everyone shits on him saying he was the wrong chose and by running away he neglected his job and got the Asians killed. in what book is that Mighty Whitey? What Mighty Whitey gets their ass kicked by a drunken fist?

>Also, you and I both know they'll never make a Shang-Chi show.
Because of the rapture/beginning of tribulation on September 23rd, 2017 leaves too little time for production?

You kidding? That ending got me so mad.
>>Bakuto out of nowhere, treated like a major villain.
>>Devos appears, supposed to give a fuck about him.
>>Somehow, SOMEHOW, Harold who has no martial arts training is putting Iron Fist on the run with a pole!

Was alright
I Ended up liking Ward more than I thought I would

maybe.. or maybe Iron Fist is more for the casual viewer who is sick and tired of the whole "MURDER, DRUGS and RAPE. GOTTA BE GRIMDARK OTHERWISE IT IS SHIT!!!!" mentality

I know that I enjoyed Iron Fist more than Daredevil because Danny seemed like he had more fun.
I tried Luke Cage but it didn't really catch my attention. Likewise with.. whats her name. Jessica Drew or something? I don't know. The chick who was raped by doctor who or something. I never got through first episode

>Appealing to the largest demographic is bad

Yeah, but he's the main character, so it's Mighty Whitey. You know it's all about status for them.

people wanted him to be asian? is that real? I was disappointed he wasn't blonde and white and californian enough.

Still only 8 episodes in, but I really don't think it should have got as much hate.

Yeah it's slow, but it's stiff good and I enjoy the whole boardroom drama since it's something that hasn't been done in a superhero show/movie since the first Ironman. At worst it's a 6/10.