Is there any hope for this?

Is there any hope for this?

The trailers were really bad, and it's tracking to open at 83 million, which will not take it north of 200 million domestic, given then competition.

>story by Zack Snyder
>any hope
Fuck no

>DCEU

kek

I'm just ignoring that this happened like I do with Suicide Squad.

I have more hope for this than I had for BvS to be honest.

Then again, I also had high hopes for Suicide Squad and that didn't turn out well. I they won't go full retard in the editing room, then it might turn out passable instead of bad. That's really all they need to do to make a mediocre movie, stop chopping it up right before releasing it in theaters.

The movie has a combo of bad things.
> Wrong Director.
> The Greatest Miscast of All Time.
> The worst movie producers.
> Warner don't give a damn.
> Supervision of Zack Snyder.

I seem to be a minority on Sup Forums but i've loved the DCEU so far (SS a not quite as much but I like it more than people here do).

I don't agree that the trailers don't look good.
They look like they are telling the classic Steve Trevor story.

If dropping a nuclear fucking bomb on Hollywood would bring an end to these movies and mean that the Wonder Woman movie would be wiped of the face of the earth and never be seen, I would do it. Thats how fucking bad this shit is. The very idea of forcing myself to sit down and watch this movie literally makes me feel sick to my stomach, so o probably won't do it. I didn't even see the Superman/Batman movie. I didn't care. After the abomination that was "Man of Shit" my brain just couldn't take it anymore. These shitheads have no fucking clue what they're doing anymore. These characters have been permanently damaged by pop culture, the battle is over. They won.

Mark Waid please go.

I'm in the same boat, I loved MoS and the BvS director's cut.

Trailers are a bit iffy, but trailers aren't really a good medium for how a movie will actually be. I'm cautiously optimistic.

So you would kill 4 million people over a movie?

Sup Forums is truly the dumbest board

t. Mouseketeers

>nd it's tracking to open at 83 million
It will never ever reach this in it's first weekend.
I see it making maybe 100 million domestically period, with another 2-250 million overseas.

I consider that the Good scenario. Bad scenario is Catwoman part deux (they have the same budget).

I unironically love MoS and BvS, and though I didn't like SS at all, I still think this will turn out decent, even if Steve Trevor is the best part

not "a movie" EVERY DC movie and really 4 million isn't that much compared to the millions more who never have to suffer those movies again

>and it's tracking to open at 83 million

Reminder that these same guys "tracked" Ghost in the Shell to a $40 million dollar opening, which actually looks more like it's domestic TOTAL (optimistically).

I liked GitS. The visuals were nuts.

pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-ghost-shell-boss-baby-zookeepers-wife/
>40 million opening weekend
>100 million domestic total

I think they got GitS confused with Wonder Woman, to be quite honest. Those sound more like WW numbers.

Well say what you will about Snyder, he usually makes good action scenes.
So at least WW will have some badass action hopefully.

It wasn't a BAD movie, it was a badly marketed movie.

This is Patty Jenkins trying to emulate Zack Snyder. Even in the trailer Gadot is missing green screen cues in hilarious ways.

This is going to be Immortals/300 pt 2 level QUALITY.

really the only bad thing about this is that it'll be blamed on the movie having a female superhero lead and not the fact that DC is now Box Office poison

>BO poison

>SS made 750+ WITHOUT China

Will they ignore WW in future JL trailers to emphasize Aquabro?
>shit, they are already doing it!

/thread

It's a good thing all the movies will now have Joker/Whorely Quip in them, amiright?

I mean, they'd be crazy not to.

Kong opened to 60 millions and made 500 millions worlwide. If this performs like that it would continue the trend of every DCEU movie being more profitable than the last, although Sup Forums's sweet salt will never reach the "Suicide Squad crushing Doctor Strange and winning an oscar" golden era again

nice goalposts senpai

that was with an insane amount of hype something DC will never have again after being fucked over 3 times before

even "good" DC movies are now bombing

You mean like RDJ?

Fuck off, Mouseketeer. Go astroturf Sup Forums some more.

>given then competition.
Which is?

>Muh Chinks will save it!
>4 years of consistent DCfriend saltiness, culminating in BvS missing it's 1.5 gorillion and falling domestically to GotG and Deadpool
>thinks Marvel is scared of SS

Oh I am dyin.

I legit don't understand people's grief with the DCEU.
>has great performances, actors actually give it their roles a serious go
>has good characters and design
>no obvious plothole
Only thing I think the DCEU falters with is editing and so far thats all been the executives fault.

>that was with an insane amount of hype
But BvS was the Most Hated Movie Ever All Hype Is Dead And I Don't Care If It Outsold Civil War In Video Sales™ remember?

Pirates 5, baywatch, captain underpants, the mummy, Transformers 5, cars 3, all eyez on me, Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3

Why do Simpsons posters tend to have bad taste?

>domestically
LMAO
>>thinks Marvel is scared of SS
Considering they had to shoehorn Iron Man into a Spiderman movie, yeah

this

>You mean like RDJ?
Yes, exactly like that.
Your next two movies do not have your RDjr in them. I expect trabble. Bat-waifu wasn't enough to deliver muh billion on the "sure-fire number one film of 2016", as I believe the DCfriends were calling it.

We pretending that "golden age" never happened, or are you simply too new?

>Baby Driver
This and Wonder Woman are really the only two movies I want to see.

Reminder that 1.jpg was a false flag.

So now that DC is kicking Marvel's ass in comics, videogames, tv shows and animation, what will happen to our beloved drones if the DCEU continues being so succesful? Something needs to flop or these guys are going to kill themselves!

Mousefriends think that BvS and SS flopped. They're too far gone m8.

>And I Don't Care If It Outsold Civil War In Video Sales
By marking up the price of the "Speshul R Rated Gib Us Sheckels" cut,

You got outsold by 400,000 units. Pretty emberassing famalam. Surprised you keep bringing it up, but I guess you are running out of phony metrics.

What else you got?

>What else you got?
Oscars

>what else you got
an oscar.

>Muh Blu Ray sales!

Please stick to Whoreleween costumes and lego toys, ok?

Shill BTFO

Inarguably the best use of Damaged in a motion picture all year, you have me there.

>DC is kicking Marvel's ass in comics, videogames, tv shows and animation

Total redemption for Batman Returns painting actors white and narrowly losing to Dracula's whiteface.

Makes me really have faith in #Oscarsoblack again.

Imagine sitting and watching this lack of talent for 2 hours

It's funny that I don't hear any predictions about Wonder Woman vs Guardians 2.

What happened to DC friend's competitive spirit?

Are they just hoping for a Best Sound Mixing for WW as a form of redemption?

What's the DCfriend line on WW vs GotG2? I remember BvS was supposed to beat CW by around 500 million.

Predictions?

well honestly the only thing marvel is destroying DC in is live action media, DC dominates everything else

>Implying I'm sitting through that.
They already tricked me into watching over 4 hours of this non-talent's mawping performance.

What was DC's margin in beating Marvel for comic sales last year in total?
How big was this "destruction"?
Monthly seems rather back-and-forth.

Actually in tv, those CW shows are insanely popular, way more than Daredevil and friends

Yeah. they get Yuge "CW" numbers.

Totally big.

That's what your mom said last night.

???

And immensely popular.

And Razzies.

Triggered in 3, 2, 1.

Forgot
>character no one gives a shit about

>Wrong Director

How? She hasn't really done anything to judge either way.

Van Damme should be in the MCU

Just the usual: DCucks keep preemptively praising it while secretly hoping that this one will finally be the good one.

Shekhar Kapur is a good director, Immortals wasn't his best work. Better than Snyder.

>implying Disney didn't just buy that award

If only Ledger hadn't killed himself, the DCEU would never have happened

Nolanverse would reach 5 movies max and Whedon or whoever would direct Superman

Snyder would be stuck doing owl movies

Still waiting on these "comic destruction" figures.
What, are we warming up those caveats?

Surely we have citation for DC's yearlong domination of comic book sales, and aren't just asspulling?

I'll cede you DC's "animation domination" as Marvel hasn't even bothered with an animated movie in the last 6 years. So you've won a race only you competed in. Don't know why Marvel passes up those DVD trillions to make big screen live action.

But about those comic book figures?

Like clockwork

This whole thread is embarrassing.

>just like the shining
Razzies literally mean less than nothing.

Obvious choice

Obvious choice

Man you are obviously so gay for him with your four years of fixation.

It will be awful but make tons of money anyway.

>he says in defense of a meme Oscar

If only he and Adam West were still alive, then they could make cameos like Smilin' Stan

My negroes

>make tons of money anyway.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The global numbers are about the same for both companies but Marvel has more books on the market and sells Star Wars comics (licensed IP, not Marvel's), and those are some of their best sellers every month. Marvel is dead in the water in comics m8, better accept it

DC's animated movies have brought in 178 million over the last decade, with only one of them breaking 10 million.

That's even less than Green Lantern's box office in 10 years work.
It's the smallest of potatoes.

I'm just saying the razzies are cheaper than your mom, anyone can nominate a movie if they're willing to shell out the cash.

You're defenind the meme oscars cause that's all the razzies are.

mmmm Caveats.
That doesn't sound like Destruction.
THIS seems more like Destruction.
(it'll be worse this year).

DC animated movies lately have had such bad animation to them that I suspect the Koreans have subcontracted out to Kenya.

>83 millions domestic in opening weekend for a 100 million budget movie
>same numbers than Dr Strange costing like 70 millions less
Sup Forums was wrong again

Difference is Doctor Strange had legs due to having no competition and being GOOD

WW has neither

These same guys projected $40 million for GitS; it got 16 million.

Strange also didn't have the ridiculous competition WW has.

Honestly, whoever approved pushing it into theaters at that time needs to get punched and then fired.

>Dr.Strange
>good
It was a good sleeping pill but outside of that no.

Because she's not fucking white.

>falling for old pasta

Snydercucks are dumb newfags.

Most DC fans are Reddit migrants. Just ignore them and they'll leave.

> The Greatest Miscast of All Time.

I dont see what people have against Gal Gadot. People bitch that she is too skinny, but if they cast someone with a larger bust, then Wonder Woman would be too fat, if they cast someone that was more muscular then she would be too manish.

>has great performances, actors actually give it their roles a serious go

It has Cavil, Galdot and Mamoa in lead roles, the fact that Cavil is the best actor among them is kind of pathetic.

>has good characters and design
Their characterization and competency is all over the place and change from scene to scene, people really didn't gave a fuck for the death of Superman, and these characters are seeing as jokes on the Internet. Something clearly went wrong.

Also, half of the designs are shit, from cave troll Doomsday, to Bayformers Cyborg, NU power Ranger Flash (with lightings that doesn't complement his colour scheme), one of the worst Jokers and a shitty filter all over it.

>no obvious plothole
The movie is build on plot holes to the point that it's defenders need to make headcanons to justify it.

>if they cast someone that was more muscular then she would be too manish.
What the hell is that suppose to mean?

People wanted Lucy Lawless for Wonder Woman for years. What's wrong with a huge woman playing an Amazon?

Seeing how a lot of movies you mentioned aren't even released the same time as wonder woman that doesn't make it competition

She is a jewess playing a character that gets to kill German Aryans.

So another one not flopping. But JL will be the one, right guys? 5th time is the charm!