youtube.com/watch?v=COfrwf8L5pA
twitter.com/ianjq/status/840668398254092288
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Jones-Quartey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How would you know exactly, Mr. OP?

It can't be any worse than SU, TTGO, and PPG

>anyone can use the mario coin block.
They should have trade marked that.

How? It's gonna be great at best, mediocre at worst, it'll never suck unless if it promises us heavy focus on lore and then end up with an entire season of filler episodes like Steven Universe.

Holy shit the Cal Arts meme is real

>and then end up with an entire season of filler episodes like Steven Universe
Well it's good that they don't have any major people from Ste–

yyyup.

I'm kinda hoping it's more like Regular show than a carbon copy of SU/AT

At least then the fan base won't be as big or cancerous….

Ian was the only good crew member SU ever had

Ian JQ went to SVA (same as Rebecca)

You know what I'm talking about

that retarded ass image in which ''every character from modern cartoons looks the same minus the really original designs that we are going to ignore''

If you copy and paste the ez mode bean face and teeth that every cartoon is using your donut steel means shit

If Samurai Jack S5 used Le bean face it would be ruined completely

Why is Sans on this image? He's a video game character.

my god, those titties

Pilot was nice so I have high hopes that it won't suck.
Or at the very least it won't be as bad as nu ppg or ttg

I want to titfuck this weeb nigger.
You think Sugar sucks on those milkers?

>This is going to suck
WRONG
youtube.com/watch?v=YwENwKiAn6M
youtube.com/watch?v=0qiP5fqqiMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uTxIEr20QzI
youtube.com/watch?v=COfrwf8L5pA

Probably pseudo-Nick show for semi-autistic kids watching CN.

>Putting SU in the same group as those abortions

I know it's trendy not to like the show user but this is just bad.

I don't think you can really contest that SU has many problems. Even a fan of the show should be able to straight up say it.

Is KO cute?
Is Rad cute?

Not him, but SU has nowhere near as many problems as reboot PPG.

And it isn't crapping on anything like TTGO

> it'll never suck unless if it promises us heavy focus on lore and then end up with an entire season of filler episodes like Steven Universe.

We don't quite have to worry about that
twitter.com/ianjq/status/840668398254092288

He's from the future!!!!

I doubt it

>Known regular OK KO crew members
Ian JQ himself
Toby Jones (former writer/boarder on Regular Show, creator of AJ's Infinite Summer, Superivisng Director on OK KO)
Ryann Shannon (writer/boarder)
Mira Ongchua (writer/boarder)
Parker Simmons (former titmouse animator, writer/boarder for OK KO)
Danny Ducker (former writer/boarder on We Bare Bears, writer/boarder on OK KO)

It looks pretty generic and same style like most cartoons now. Same fucking eyes, same fucking expressions, same weird slice of life genre, it's over saturated and predictable.

This. The only thing that would save it in my eyes is if they had some uncharacteristic actually funny writing. But it's probably going to be just like SU, and less like Gumball.

>Le

>>>reddit

Something about it feels so generic. Like it could be a early 2000s cartoon that no one would talks about after it ended.

>It looks pretty generic and same style like most cartoons now.
>created by ian jq

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i wonder why

While both of those things are true, that doesn't negate the fact that SU has its fair share of problems. This is coming from someone who is a big fan of the show.

dude VIDEO GAMES lmao
dude NINTENDO lmao
dude MEGAMAN 2 lmao
dude STREET FIGHTER 2 lmao

When will this nostalgia meme end?

Ah yes the hate train is rolling.

Remember when people use to be excited about new and creative things.

Never because tumblr eats up nostalgia like a scat fetishist enjoys eating shit

Same thread, same you.

>also Sup Forums: HOLY SHIT DID YOU GUIZE SEE THE NEWEST EPISODE OF SAMURAI KINO

Kid, Regular Show is not coming back, accept it.

Eh, i'm glad we're getting animated shit that's out-there. A few years all we had was flash animation and shit.

It should at least provide fairly impressive animation with its simple art style. I was actually glad this became a show.

I already know what to expect from the writing just by watching the shorts and looking at the overall style of the show.

It's going to have a SU moment of seriousness but be all around wacky like AT, but that won't save it from the overdone hipster art style, that reminds me absolutely NOTHING about video games.

I do acknowledge that Sup Forums is fucking saturated with Samurai Jack but the difference is that SJ doesn't bank on nostalgia, it genuinely tries to be a good cartoon; nostalgia is a side factor. This cartoon clearly relies on the nostalgia factor to garner attention

What's new and creative about this? It's the same SU/AT aesthetic that's been regurgitated for years now. This entire era of cartoons has a very distinct and samey feel to it, there's no colorful palette of interesting cartoons or shows.

Gumball was. AT was as well.

Agreed. Beanmouths and flat colors don't really scream "videogames."

There's a handful of shows that actually cater that style. Everything else might copy the animation, but conceptually they are completely different.

Just goes to show most haters are judging from art alone and not the actual writing of certain shows.

Not to mention that's fan art of him. Sans' in-game sprite doesn't have the CalArts mouth.

Gumball is the exception. I will agree with that, I didn't mention it specifically I didn't consider it in the same category as SU and AT.

ian left the show after mr greg... So take the show from after mr greg to currently and just take in how much influence he had on the show

>This cartoon clearly relies on the nostalgia factor to garner attention
Get new bait

The colors are whatever, it's the actual designs like you said, "beanmouths." It's so tumblr/hipster in taste, idk why people think it actually looks good.

I'd argue the color palette is a problem too, since it's all obnoxious color choices. Not unlike claiming the 80's were all neon colors like a vaporwave album cover.

the outlines from The New Lars to Know Your Fusion were still written while Ian was on the show (though everything else about the episodes was post-Ian)

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out
That said, tumblr is not very smart, so they'll lunge to it like they do to SU

The actual 80s sucked fucking ass, bring on the revisionist aesthetes

I want pink neon and desert chrome as far as the eye can see

Like every decade, it had good and bad.

But nah, this chrome and pink fad is out of control.

you have ruined a shameful secret mammy fetish I curated for a decade

impressive visual/mental gymnastics there
you remind us why other people have ideas and you are a human crayon to make them visual

Don't they also fight robots in OK KO? total SJ ripoff

at least the coprophage isn't fooling himself

I think that gif was a shitpost from one of the crew members

Geneva Hodgson (former board revisionist/character designer/boarder on Teen Titans Go!, writer/boarder of the Adventure Time short, "Sow, Do You Like Them Apples", writer/boarder on OK K.O.!)

Stevie Borbolla (former boarder on Teen Titans Go!, writer/boarder on OK K.O.!)

Haewon Lee (writer/boarder on OK K.O.!)

Max Collins (former Studio Yotta animator, board revisionist on OK K.O.!)

David Alegre (writer/boarder on OK K.O.!)

Anna Craig (board revisionist on OK K.O.!)

William Gibbons (BG painter on OK K.O.!)

Jeremy Polgar (former Titmouse animator, animated on The Legend of Korra and Space Dandy, boarded on Teen Titans Go! and Samurai Jack Season 5, supervising board artist on OK K.O.!)

That wasn't his point.
He wasn't denying SU had problems, it's that even taking SU's flaws into consideration, it's still better than the shitty reboots.

Ian has been doing this since RPG World.

>le calarts face

So now it's going to be 100% filler with no plot.
Great.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Jones-Quartey
>Alma Mater: School of Visual Arts

Wouldn't Samurai Jack count as CalArts face?
Genndy literally graduated from CalArts.

thanks

Does anyone else find the movement disconcerting? It looks smooth but in a weird way that's hard to describe

When fags like you stop crying about it

Of all the new shows coming out, this one and Ivandoe look the most interesting to me. Hopefully they don't fuck them up.

the final show is gonna be at a pair of korean studios (SMIP and digital eMation) so it won't be like that

>le ebin calarts meme

Please continue being stupid

So would you rather have even more Teen Titans Go instead?

That man with pink tie is hot tho, husbando confirmed!

Every or so has periods wherein most popular cartoons have the same or similar aspects, both visual and thematic. They're called TRENDS. They come and go. And it amazes me how Sup Forums acts so panicky about them like this is what cartoons and destined to be forever.

poster could not get enough examples for his Calarts are taking over everything meme so he had to improvise

I would have gone with the official Lucky the Leprechaun image but that;s just me...

Yes, let's all spend out weekend trying to invent reasons to preemptively hate a TV show that is not going to air for months. Sounds like fun. I think it will suck because.. uh... the characters are made out of two-dimensional shapes!

probably because the image only exists as an attempt to rustle jimmies and means nothing.

>SJ doesn't bank on nostalgia,

This shit came out in like 2013 it has very heavy influence of the SoL type of story as SU because it was in the same pilot program as SU. remember this was the age where adventure time was still the new spongebob and everyone who wasn't copying AT was copying Regular Show. At the time it was cool though because we just started the "Let's cram in Japanese references out the ass" for every cartoon, but now since SU and the westernization of Japanese things its not even cool anymore.

>Why is Sans on this image? He's a video game character.
you must be retarded

Sans is a bright example of cancerous WHIMSICAL XDDD tumblr character with that shitty smile.
its about design. not a cartoon/game.

CalArtsfags plz go

No everyone including Sup Forums likes SJ because IT was apart of our childhood and we knew what was to come out of it, and thankfully it was as great as we remembered. Now a new show that no one knew about except those who watched the pilot is coming out and they changed the art style and show that its not as rad as what we thought we were going to get.

>Genndy literally graduated

Was literally really necessary here?

>tfw I played Undertale before the fandom exploded

Sans was just a smart doof who was maybe a little sad.

Sorry, you aren't allowed to like or know about this thing on here. You may have to express your level-headed understanding of it elsewhere.

Oh....okay...

this is the most low quality bait i've seen in my entire fucking life

yes

>Jeremy Polgar
Nice.

Let's be real. He's not going to be allowed to put in that kind of sex appeal. Like all modern CN stuff, he's positively boxed in by tumblrites.

I'm just waiting to see how they give Carol more sex appeal.

Animations smooth, the artstyle is trash

>Itll never suck
They said that about NuPPG
"How can you fuck that up? Itll be mediocre at worse"

I wanna Be Her Hero

>at least three TTG! veterans