/drk/ - Netflix Dark General

Can we get a Dark general?

Is this certified kino?

Is Franziska best girl?

German subs > English dub

I just want to lnow how many plebs watch it dubbed.

Plenty considering the previous threads. In any case I loved the show bar maybe the ending, hopefully that doesn't affect it too much.

>Americans are so retarded they can't read subs
>Only "contrarian" Americans prefer original audio with subs

It's s̶h̶i̶t̶ scheisse.

I was kinda shocked when Netflix made the dub the default track. Don't think I've seen that done for many things.

what is it about

Anyone else think the casting through the different years is really spot on?

The disappearance of two young children in a German town brings light to the fractured relationships, double lives, and the dark past of four families living there, revealing a mystery that spans across three generations.

Plays out through three different years (mainly two), people travel in time etc

Can you stop shilling it finally?

It's predictable garbage tho.

Currently on ep 8

Is Noah, Barthosz?

The characters all look the same also AFWUL last episode

Cheers, this is super handy. Yeah they were great for the most part. I thought young and old Aleksander were very good. Both had those shifty eyes. Helge was also very good.

Why the fuck is this being pushed so hard here?

They're German user, what do you expect.

The best thing is, those in 2019 look exactly like their counterparts in 1986.

really wanted to like it but it kinda sucked

Because it's unironically, pretty damn good. An 80s show that isn't just, dude nostalgia.

It's also pretty comfy.

Because it's good, watch it.

Elisabeth best girl you pleb

What's the hook?

I would say 86 Regina is best girl tbqh

2019 Germany and no refugees in sight, unironically ruined the immersion

>AFWUL last episode
the last two episodes were fucking terrible. 8th episode ulrich travels back 66years, and finds that little kid, and I'm thinking ohh yeah shit's gonna go down in the next few episodes and fucking nothing happens. DUDE WELCOME TO THE FUTURE LMAO fuck you

You're all wrong.

There was kinda maybe one but I didn't notice until later and he was immediately killed off anyway.

Autismo waifu

Why is Jonas always so sad bros?

Pic related.

They're only in major cities, not small German towns.

Nothing wrong with that.

subbed. Wouldnt be able to watch it and see that the lip movement doesnt match, immediate immersion breaker

Because he is a turbomanlet

>disguised as a priest
>says Gods not real multiple times
>never once mentions if the devils real
So Noah is Satan right?

>and I'm thinking ohh yeah shit's gonna go down in the next few episodes and fucking nothing happens.

Objectively wrong: isotope gets stolen, machine gets repaired and used, we see ruptures in (space/)time, ulrich tries and fails to kill a kid, gets stranded in the fifties, Charlotte Doppler learns of time travel, we find out trannyfucker is actually a good guy, we find out aleksander tiedemann isn't aleksander tiedemann and actually a bad guy etc. etc.

Of course the show answers none of the bigger questions and asks more new questions than it ever answers but plenty of shit happens.

The antichrist was hinted at, but I doubt they'll take it in that direction and I certainly hope they won't.

>ulrich beats Helge's face in
>Jonas gets captured and realizes the Stranger is him
>older Jonas gets the device and uses it in the wormhole
>Charlotte gets called in by her husband to explain whats going on
>Claudia's reveal as being from the future working in opposition to Noah and lying to Tronte and whats his name
>boy Helge gets stranded in 86
>nothing happened

Plebs always say shit like this. "Nothing happened." Watch the god damned show. A lot is happening

Satan isn't real dummy, they'll probably drag this shit to Saw levels of retardness in the next season

This. She looks like Lady Gaga without make up

That's a bad thing user.

>Wouldnt be able to watch it and see that the lip movement doesnt match, immediate immersion breaker

That's not even the worst part, I changed to dub for a couple of seconds just to see what it was like and it was like the voice actors were reading a book aloud, it was terrible. Sound stage was completely different too.

Why would future Jonas go through with his plan if he knows it doesn’t work?

Might add Benni the trap next to Peter. According to IMDb, (s)he is actually the son of the nurse colleague of Inès.

It's a rural town, and there's at least one immigrant family

So can you change shit with time travel or not?

Would unironically waifu Gaga.

Fucking hell, I'm German and had to watch one episode in English ... it was so cringey, totally changed the whole atmosphere and dynamic.

He doesn't know more than the clockmaker knows. Only Noah (and maybe Claudia) seem to understand how the circle "started"

Terrible pacing, completely unlikable characters and pointless drama to fill in the gaps. I’m a sucker for time travel but this is just bad no matter how pretty the pictures are.

As a side, I love Ben Frost but the OST/usage of the sounds is ass. People saying quasi-profound stuff or quoting whatever (since that’s whar everyone does right) are amplified by fart noises to „eleviate” them and hint at their importance. No shit. Everybody’s speaking in codes and noone is acting as human (why do they keep slapping each other?).

SHITE, don’t fall for the netflix promotion. They’ve still to make two good shows for all their precious money.

The portrayal of the 80s is pure nostalgia riffiing but in cold colour coding.

Wrong. I live in a village of 71 people and even we got ''refugees'' here now. They are everywhere.
Besides, Turks are everywhere as well.

Also, there's the turk kid, the one that was killed and a black bitch in the school.

Hannah worst character

>t.

Literally just looks like Stranger Things lmao

Paper bag over the head, then sure.

>They’ve still to make two good shows for all their precious money.

The O.A. and Stranger Things. Done before Dark even went into production.

>The O.A.
holy christ that show is SHIT

So is Bartosz Noah?

While a very typical Brit Marling production with all the quirks one might expect from such a thing, for a tv show it was quite different and refreshing.

In a time in which everything seems to be rehashing something that was previously successful; sequels, prequels, reboots, re imaginings and blatant ripoffs I most definitely call The O.A. a good show.

Google gaga without make up first. Real italian beauty

>H G Tannhaus
did he discover the Tannhauser gate?
>C-beams
caesium
>glitter in the dark
show is called Dark
Really makes me fucking think

Not a single female orgasm has ever happened in that town

> but the OST/usage of the sounds is ass
Agreed, I even recognise certain sounds like a taiko hit from NI Action Strikes kontakt library that was used in every episode.

Sound design was really wonky at times. The scene where Katharina Nielsen comes storming into the police office in search for Ulrich, and the sound that is used when she slams her hands on the metal desk sounds like a car hitting a wall at 80 mph. It was so loud and comical I laughed out loud.

Despite that, I liked the show, to bad about the last episode just took a dump on rest of the show. And yes, the pacing could have been a bit faster.

Damn Lady Gaga looks like THAT?

what made future jonas think that anything would go differently this time?

Should I watch the whole show? Started watching the first episode without too many expactations because the plot was almost like a Stranger Things ripoff; ended up watching just half of the episode

just finished
literally whats the point if everything happened the same way in the end and it couldnt change?
also why isnt the future in the triangle thing how did future jonas come back to 2019?
guess theres some other time travel method in the future
also why was future jonas said to be claudias pawn shouldnt she be dead in the future since shes an old hag or did she discover some way to travel futher than 2019 into the future?

not sure if my waifu should be martha or franziska pls help

stranger things is too dumbed down compared to this
this one has time travel so makes u tink

tfw Gina Stiebitz has no instagram
what do i fap to now

>Time travel
>European show
Let me guess... it ends up with a time reset, right?

regina, charlotte and hannah are way better waifus than martha

no nothing ever changes in the end
just a loop or many loops the same way

only the 86 ones
also
>hannah
MOOOOOOOOOOOODS

I like the part where there are no niggers

Explain, I don´t care if you spoil it

I really enjoyed the plot but the first few episodes threw a bunch of faces from different timelines in with weird german names like Tronte and Bartoz and confused the fuck out of me in the start while it was getting the ball rolling.

Also the more time they spend in the future the worse the plot is going to get

ehhh too lazy its 3 am ill go sleep

as long as you give her love, shes alright

>Everything is connected
>Time Travel
>unsolvable mystery

More like Dark Gently, am I right?

kek, fucking pussy

It's a chicken/egg kinda story.

if you dont shell put you in prison for rape

Honestly I needed something like this in the beginning. They waited until like episode 6 to explicitly tell you who was who and I was having a hard time with the names so when they'd show the past and reveal that this girl we're seeing is Charlotte I had to go to IMDB and look at the cast list to remember who that was supposed to be.

>Regina doesn't the money to keep her family hotel open
>Mother ran the most profitable building in town and employs most of the town
>Husband currently runs the most profitable building in town and employs most of the town
>Lives in a giant mansion with multiple wings while her son just hangs out with 15000 euros worth of drugs in a ziploc bag on the couch
>Can't pay for the hotel

Any other shows take a solid crack and time travel?

Pic related is the only recent one I can think of.

Were they implying that Franziska is a prostitute with the condoms near her necklace or is she just a slut? Why is she a slut/prostitute? Why didn't Magnus give a shit or ask her about it at all?

Wtf was that ending

>tfw my lamp flickers exactly during the last act with the blakhole causing flickering in all three years

Agnes Nielsen best girl holy fuggggg my dick

in 1953

shills

A showing that destiny and time are set in stone by people being unwilling to change and setup for when they inevitably start fucking with time it'll be more exciting.

Also the future opens them up to show more 2019 character development with exploring what the town does after the apocalypse through flashbacks and also they're gonna have a hard time sandwiching plotlines into 1953 and 86 so it makes sense to expand from a narrative standpoint

2042 kids seem to know about '19 jonas time traveling

He probably goes back eventually and starts trying to change shit by explaining to his friends and the government but it just makes the apocalypse happen anyway and he becomes a time vagrant

It actually is a good show. Not even meming.

Sometimes your Sup Forums brethren are actually trying to turn you onto something of quality you know, you don't have to be so cynical senpai ;)

This seems to be the first general thread. The next time you see non-general dark thread, please report it. Thank you for your concern

*2052 my bad

Why didn't they just charge people to travel to the past or future? They'd have been millionaires!

why not just travel to the past, tell self to invest in google and microsoft and facebook etc. They'd have been billionaires!

hannah was qt3.14, but what did they mean by making her the adulterous milf?

Yeah she's a prostitute. Don't you know that germans are literal cucks?

I think its because it looks vaguely like stranger things from the marketing, and they want to bring in the normie crowd with the dub

Quite impressive how Kohler went from just a welder to the head of a nuclear plant

>takes wife's name
what a cuck

Don't get kikey

Only just started. Just finished up the second episode.

All the characters are pretty fucking awful especially the kids, holy fuck,The dad that looks like Mads is good though. The mom he's banging is pretty pretty attractive. Is there more lewd shots of her like in the opening? That's all I'm really watching this for now. The story is barely keeping me in there.