Would a modern Zelda cartoon work? If so, would you prefer Link speaking or somehow working around it?

Would a modern Zelda cartoon work? If so, would you prefer Link speaking or somehow working around it?

>would a modern Zelda cartoon work?

Not if Nintendo has anything to say about it.

Not with Breath of the Wild, that's for sure.

Who drew this? It's nice.

Shit sucks, the old zelda cartoon was shit, but the mario one was campy fun. I mean it was still awful, but in a fun enough way.

mmimmzel

Because they won't have Link crossdress

Thanks, cute art.

A zelda cartoon won't work because a lot of zeldas appeal works as a video game.
It would be a generic as fuck

Doubt they would pass on that opportunity.

I really hate the set bonuses because they discourage mixing the outfits.

There's a lot of room to write up a new story with the framework of the setting, given that you could write about a new version of the characters and it'd fit the franchise. Kind of the same as cartoons based on superhero franchises. I'm actually just in the mood for a fantasy cartoon in general. There's a lot of superhero and sci fi cartoons right now but nothing with the DnD or Zelda style swords and sorcery esthetic.

>Hour long episodes.
>New time period in every episode.
>New Link most of the time, unless previously frozen/sealed/elderly.
>Link never speaks.
>Most of the Links are male.
>10% of the Zelda's are romantically attracted to the Link.
>Episodes not in chronological order, but each gives clues to a larger lore.
>Every episode in a new art style from a guest animator.

So sorta like an animatrix thing where it's more about experimentation than anything else? I could dig it.

Being fashion-forward means taking risks, user. The real bonus will be looking fucking fierce.

post-BOTW with Zelda and Link having adventures in Hyrule would work well even if they keep the game mechanics.

Just imagine all the lust threads we would have for Link. Jack and catboi would be things of the past.

There are threads for link on /aco/, /y/ and /cm/ right now. The one on /d/ died because it maxed out and autosaged.

Sup Forums is so fickle when it comes to waifus and husbandos, no one is loyal around here. Bunch of whores.

To be honest a decade ago I would have said no to Link speaking. But now with BotW being voice acted and the game calling him Link rather than letting you name him, they've turned him into his own character and the fact that everyone talks draws even more attention to the fact that he doesn't.

They shouldn't overdo it, he should be pretty stoic. But he should talk.

Don't need catbois when you got fishbois already

I´m no furry, but those bird people are kinnda hot....

It would have helped if the makers of the show ever bothered playing a single Zelda game or at least cracked open an instruction book.

If it was directed by Genndy.

Is he trying not to wet himself? What's going on here.

Shivering

There's different weather/temperature conditions to deal with.

>mfw metal weapons can attract lightning during storms

Oh, that makes sense. Sorry, I spent too much time on /d/ and well.

I would love it if they tried to make modern adaptations of Nintendo IP's, preferably Nintendo keeping an eye of what goes in or not to prevent it from being utter crap.

>Zelda with onion hair.
>Plot never reaches a conclusion.

I can see them making a series for BoTW that is about Link, Zelda, and the champions that takes place before Link goes to the resurrection chamber. It could work.

>Is he trying not to wet himself?
I wish, that's my fetish.

>If so, would you prefer Link speaking or somehow working around it?

Better idea: make it canon to the series and just don't have Link in it, set during one of the periods where he was absent.

So a Sheik series showing Zelda's side of the story while she was in hiding in OoT?

I disagree. Samurai Jack is very successful and I could see a BotW show styled like that.

Hell, there's even already a strong silent protagonist with a magic sword in that show.

I would watch this.

Is there anything like this in real life? Or is it just a hypothetical model for a show?

I would have Link talk, but only when he needs to. Think Samurai Jack.

Actually a good adaption of BOTW would literally just be Samurai Jack, complete with Demon Ganon anxiously prancing on his throne.

I know of nothing. If I were making a show, I would be half tempted to try it.

Sounds good, but stick with all the Links being male unless if you make an entirely different character like Linkle.

Every Link is always a new person. It stands to reason that a female link would still be a new person.

>Link never speaks.

animatrix

Honestly, I think it might. I like how it's implied that this version of Link is a sarcastic dick.

If I had to choose though, I think Wind Waker would make for the best cartoon. It has the best supporting cast and the most expressive artstyle.

why is link so cute

It hurts that this will never come true

As long as Link remains mute

The only thing wrong with BotW is that they didn't imply he was shagging Mipha.

Link must be a dude. It is foretold.

>One of the many Link's talk.
>He doesn't get much done, and ultimately fails in his quest.

Well yeah, she's dead. He has to fuck her brother instead.

He was designed for maximum cuteness impact.

I'm saving all these cute Link art.

Just realized I don't have a figure of him yet.

I wish good figures weren't so expensive. For some reason I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on them, even if I spend money on other dumb shit.

With the tight direction it could be good.

But add the already obnoxious shipping/waifuing of the fanbase to a medium where it runs rampant would make discussion of it impossible.

*right

Link wouldn't talk
He'd be full Black Bolt mode with other characters/Zelda translating for him
an early episode would have Zelda trying to work around his lack of talking and eventually exploding at him
She breaks down about how she feels lonely and can't talk to anybody
then we get a minute of Link's mouth moving but 0 sound and few shots of Zelda's face

advantage of keeping him mute: accurate to the spirit of the franchise

Disadvantage: tumblr will say he's disabled or nonverbal autistic

This. A modern Zelda cartoon could very well work but it'd never fucking happen since Nintendo is never ever gonna hand their IPs over to the West like that again. Which is a damn shame. Nowadays something like that or even cartoons based on a lot of their other franchises, like Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, etc. could be amazing.

What convinced them to do it before that they won't do again?

The Mario Bros. movie was the final straw, I believe.

Would we get midna episode?

I doubt if any episode could connect directly to the plot of any game, but I see no reason that an episode couldn't be contained completely within the twilight realm.

They could make a cartoon based off their spin-off titles like Hyrule Warriors that does not effect the main series history and lore

Or Four Swords Adventure or Triforce Heroes that features multiple Toon Links working together. Toon Link is more expressive and has more personality than normal Link

Maybe with Zelda trying to fabricate the prophecy starring Link as her pawn and she lives a double life. At court ever the princess, head of state. She bestows upon Link his quests. But then she turns to a secret cabal of spies and catspaws to monitor him, direct him and support his mission, in part even directly in her Sheik costume. Link is still doing the wetwork, but Zelda rigs things in his favor. A few rupies dropped in the grass, an item he will need, and word of his heroism spread ahead so he will be treated with respect.
Everything must be perfect to defeat Ganon, but it becomes clear that Zelda is in it also for other reasons. Because she likes Link and to spice up her life in luxury.
On Link's side yiu have the equivalent of the normal gameplay and Link getting pissed at that Sheik guy who gets involved, trying to command him and just pissing off before the fighting starts.

Yes, but didn't Nintendo last summer announce exploring film/TV opportunities again?

And didn't a recent Nickelodeon Animation podcast hint "a major video game/Nintendo character getting a series" or some shit like that?