Sunday Superman Thread

Post best boy and talk about what you love and hate about the Superman mythos.

Wednesday is gonna be fun.

I used to really like Jon, but I'm slowly starting to dislike him because of how overhyped he become.

Rank Superman villians

Luthor > Mister Mxyzptlk > Darkseid > Parasite (DCAU version in particular) > Brainiac > Livewire > Metallo > Bizarro > Mongol > Toyman > Zod > Doomsday

>Metallo higher than anyone

Wish there were stories about Superman teaming up with other early Action Comics characters.

THANK YOU!

I've been looking for a decent resolution of this pic for a long time.

Thanks fampai

Darkseid is not a Superman villain.

Not him but my position on Metallo is elevated by his tas version much like Mr Freeze the character was given sympathetic depth and heavily elevated compared to the comic book versions of the character up to that point.

no problamo

Anyone got more Superfeels?

Say what you want about Jurgens being a boring writer, but his introduction to old Supes was great. And I think this fucker is interesting and I like what he foreshadowed.

So what's everyone's general opinion on Superbro and Superdad merging?

Best outfit

What book is this?

I liked Jon in Reborn and have hated him in everything else.

A nice send-off to Nu52 Supes.

action comics 808 I think

No the S & the belt need to have that reflectiveness the boots have.
And it really looks like a cheap god damn tshirt without the wrist pieces.

I don't know if you can call it a send off when they're the same person. It's liking thinking Electric Red Superman was killed when he merged with Blue.

Muncho appreciated amigo

I do not understand why Eradicator is evil right now

Literally his last act before Flashpoint changed everything was selflessly saving Supes, Kara, Steel, Connor and even fucking Henshaw

Well that was before the universe got rebooted so that didn't happen. He came back during Rebirth but got dealt with and now because of Reborn he's back again.

>Tex Thompson
Hell yeah

Also
>filename

Yeah. The whole thing was not about killing Superbro, it was about adding back some pre-Flashpoint elements into his history.

>Clark back with Lois
>Diana back with Steve
>Bruce back to having a nightmarish relationship with Selina

Everything feels so right in the world.

why'd they turn nu-52 Krypto from a muffuggin wolf back to a hound?

It was dumb and edgy.

But I like big fluffy snow dog

I feel there was a balance of the edge

I don't know about the human skin face for Metallo. It looks really good here but I think it's more the art being amazing than the design being good.

Wallpaper size

Cyborg Supes looks so weird without his own trunks

I vaguely remember Lex's response was along the lines of "What did you do to the Kents, you freak?" It was hilarious and yet poignant

Superman is who I wish I could be

Luthor > Darkseid > Bizzaro > Zod > Henshaw > Mxyzy > Toyman > Braniac > Metallo > Livewire > Parasite > Mongol > Doomsday

Darkseid is EVERYONE'S villain.

And sometimes he shows me that I can be

World's Finest

I genuinely don't know yet. At the moment it seems like Superbro and his stories have been overwritten which would kinda bum me out as I liked them, but I just don't know how this fix has melded the two continuities. Someone in a thread explained it like Superbro is still what this superman was when he was young but now he's just older.

In short I'd be able to form an opinion if I understood the actual merge.

Fuck you wolfhound krypto was cute as fuck.

The NSM preview directly cited one of Superbro's stories, they haven't been overwritten. So basically he's Superbro with a wife and kid. He doesn't even look older anymore.

Gary Frank's Reeves-Superman always looks so jarring because it makes Supes look so different from every artist.

Yeah I like his art in general, but I hate that. Especially the nose looks so strange.

Based Batbro.

Ok I haven't seen that then, It's just things like the morrison run, that pak run where he was depowered, his relationship with batman have been some of my favorite things in comic books for a while so I'd be sad to see them go. I'm still kinda lukewarm on the whole kid thing to, partly because I know what happened to the last few superboys so I'm not gonna get too attached to this one.

I love whenever Superman is used as the Hope of an event.

Like every hero has a role to play, but they're all rallied around Superman as he leads Earth against whichever evils threaten it, not as a plot device because he can beat anything but as a flag the good carry in their fight against evil.

Morrison's JLA run did this a lot, and Final Crisis does it well too.

Also I hope Tomassi writes for Superman as long as he's allowed to. Given time his run is going to go down in history for the character.

I don't really expect anything from Morrison to stick since it was already being ignored basically after he left. Had stuff like Captain Comet being back to normal when he showed up in Supergirl (before DCYou). Which is a shame because Jon should hang out with his cousin Susie.

For Pak's stuff I think it will be situationally retconned. Like Truth probably still happened but only the depowering aspect and not the identity reveal.

It's been almost 10 years since Superman was the main character in a main event

Is the Sup Forums recommended supeerman reading list still the same after all this time? Also, why isn't American Alien in there?

I really hope Johns and Busiek's era is largely back. They did a great job updating the Silver Age and the like, giving him a long history explained well.

Because it was shit.

>Not liking Bruce Kent flicking deathstroke away

Do you hate fun?

I like me a good Superman thread.

I liked the emphasis it placed on the Kent's and the "Takes a village" aspect where more than just the Kents knew about his powers because of course that'd be hard to hide from your neighbors but everyone keeps a lid on it because people gotta look out for each other. It's a nice idea that I kinda like to see in the main continuity.

Rec images have fallen out of favor after the tumblr was abandoned.

who's that?

>they could've used that outfit years ago but didn't
Superbro's costume worked for Superbro though.

I don't like this ship.

>Superbro's costume worked for Superbro though.

It really didn't. That's why every artist drew it off-model and tried to downplay the lines. He looked best in the jeans and t-shirt.

>Best outfit
Not so fast

>rebooted
nice meme

okay

Does Bruce have babby in this universe?

I had no idea how much I needed this wallpaper until just now

So what's everyone's favorite Superman villain and why?

Byrne is an S tier artist.

Luthor > Darkseid > Brainiac > Cyborg Superman > Eradicator > Metallo > Toyman > Livewire > Zod > Mxy > Mongol > Doomsday > Imperiex > Bizzaro > Intergang

Fuck Superbro really did look great in a tshirt and jeans. I still want a shirt with that pak run S on it.

I know, I'm hoping that changes with Rebirth.

>It really didn't
It did.

ur gonna be sorry u asked

1/2

2/2

got some more superfeels coming in a bit

1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6