ITT: Characters that did nothing wrong

ITT: Characters that did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKn7hhgLPes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But he's a muslim

What is Jerusalem worth, OP?

Characters, sure
The actual guy was quite the cunt, despite what people say. It's funny because the guy next to him in most of the scenes (the younger, more violent and excited one) was actually the calm guy and Saladin was the one grinning like a maniac at Hattin

Nothing, everything.

>Destroyed the Kingdom of Jerusalem
>nothing wrong

Most of the muh Muslim Chivalry was written by Westerners about Saladin to
1. Excuse why they lost to him
2. Use as a foil to show what was wrong with Christian society.

Would Arabs at that time have had crescents on their shields?
Wasn't that a more Byzantine-Turkish thing?

Kino

I don't think Kingdom of Heaven is the movie you go to for historical accuracy. I think it's also a visual parallel with the Crusaders having crosses on everything.

Only nu/pol/ hates xD muslim

Muslims are always enemies of civilized men

He only spoke truths

youtube.com/watch?v=yKn7hhgLPes

Kingdom of Heavan Theatrical= Not good History film

Kingdom of Heavan Directors= Historical Epic and pure KINO

No the crescent moon symbol was common in Islam as far back as the 700's

>tfw you remember they destroyed countless records, knowledge and priceless art as they attacked byzantium and burned down coptic monasteries and churches across Egypt
so much history lost...

>No the crescent moon symbol was common in Islam as far back as the 700's
Sauce on that

Wiki says:
>While the crescent on its own is depicted as an emblem used on Islamic war flags from the medieval period, at least from the 13th century although it does not seem to have been in frequent use until the 14th or 15th century, the star and crescent in an Islamic context is more rare in the medieval period, but may occasionally be found in depictions of flags from the 14th century onward.

Yes and the germainic barbarians did the same shit when they sacked Rome, its a pretty common thing actually.

>conveniently forgetting about the 4th crusades

The muslims started it

Your Grace

And the Romans destroyed the Great Library of Alexandria, the largest and best depository of ancient knowledge in the world. So suck a dick.

Water

>the romans did it so its ok!

Based Russell Edgington, he was the best part of true blood

SALA

HA

DEEEEN

No one is arguing that the Germans arent a plague on civilization. It should worry everyone that theyre opening their assholes to Muslims. What an unholy alliance...

>GINGDUM UB HEBBEN ISN'T HISTORICKWY ACCWUIT

You have no idea what you're talking about.

No, stop pretending only evbul mooslim did it to fit your shitty narrative.

I stand corrected the times Ive seen it are later artistic depictions of past events not the events themselves.

But it does have history of Sassanid and Byzantine usage starting before islam was founded so its not crazy to assume the Star Crescent symbol or some version of it didn't exsist at Saladins time.

The one we know today was taken up by the Turks and later used as a pan-Islamic symbol.

>While the crescent on its own is depicted as an emblem used on Islamic war flags from the medieval period, at least from the 13th century although it does not seem to have been in frequent use until the 14th or 15th century, the star and crescent in an Islamic context is more rare in the medieval period, but may occasionally be found in depictions of flags from the 14th century onward.
This is the most poorly structured sentence I have seen on Sup Forums all day.

>nothing. everything.
i dont get it

He didn't but Orlando Bloom did
He was unconvincing, his body type and everything. His accent was too english, didn't sound like europoor jarble. They stuck him into that role even when it didn't fit him

Immersion was destroyed thoughout the entire picture. Kingdom of Heaven has no rewatch value because of it. Immersion is key

Maybe you should watch Girls Night Out or something

>Im not a butt-mad mussy I SWEAR

The Islamic faith systematically and repeatedly wipes out symbols of other religions of cultures from India to Spain and from Sicily to Central Africa.

Pointing out the times others did it does not absolve Islam of its continued Idolatrous nature to this day IE Palmyra by ISIS

>Paul Bettany was originally considered for the role before the studio forced Orlando into the picture
What could have been ...

Nothing to the Muslims because it is an exclusively Jewish holy place.

Everything to him personally because he was going to loot it for gold and treasure.

6 million

Muslims also wiped out different ethnicities across the ME and replaced them with *r*bs, literally genocide.

My nigga.

Someone will be along with the copypasta soon enough brainletanon.

He wasn't trying to absolve mudslimes user, just putting shit into perspective. Everyone knows ISIS cucks are a problem, other shitskins in particular as they have to deal with the caliphate niggers far more than we do.

I have yet to see anyone explain this line's meaning to me in plain terms. It seems like they're just trying to be 2deep4u without saying anything substantial.

>taking Jerusalem from Christian hands

Obviously wrong.

>Kingdom of Heavan Directors= Historical Epic and pure KINO

How does this cut improve the movie? I thought the original version looked neat but didn't have any substance and obviously had some modernist bullshit throughout. It's been some time though.

Didn't even do that right, the crusader weren't even dressed appropriately
Game of Thrones is more historically accurate and it's total fantasy

>Nothing to the Muslims because it is an exclusively Jewish holy place.
OH MY how times have changed

*crusaders

>muslims for no reason whatsoever start attacking and destroying their neighbors, literally commit genocide
>christians defend themselves
>why are you opressing us!

>Jerusalem
>it is an exclusively Jewish holy place

about an hour of backstory for all the characters thus making their motivations make sense.

why do animefags always insist on posting pointless random anime pictures of characters with a blank expression

fucking retard

>pan-Islamic symbol
Kind of, and only really recently.
Its mostly in former ottoman territories and Turkic countries.

I don't think you'll see a star and crescent in Arabia, at least not in mosques.
And Iran doesn't seem to use the symbol.

Pakistan uses it, but I think its because of their Mughal heritage.

>That one time during the Crusades when the Muslim mayor of Jerusalem sold the city to the Holy Roman Emperor, sparking hysterical outrage across both the Islamic and Christian worlds

We are all just Jew derivatives user.

>I have yet to see anyone explain this line's meaning to me in plain terms. It seems like they're just trying to be 2deep4u without saying anything substantial.
Nothing because it's just another city, and everything because by ruling Jerusalem you gain a divine mandate. Baldwin talks to Balian about it in their first meeting.

I love how this literal masterpiece is never on tv because (((they))) don't want people seeing it and getting ideas.
>All the good screenshots of pic have been scrubbed from image searches
Almonds ON

I bet he goes to anime cons and walks around making noises and being an overall annoying manchild

post yfw a historical injustice has just been corrected only a short while ago, god wins again

>pic
Okay, that sounds much better.

And, as usual, 2>1>3, everything else is fanfiction

That last one got a chuckle out of me.

>spelling proper nouns with lowercase letters
Do some countries just not have shift keys?

>It's a Sup Forums attempts to imply they know shit episode

Its not just star wars, its been the pattern for 5000 years

>mfw

>4th crusades
>christian crusaders get bored on the way to the holy land
>sack Constantinople instead
You're historically illiterate and I'm embarrassed for you.

>its a sandniggers are people too movie

Nice try hollywood

>What could have been ...

The same shit.
They needed some Charlton Heston looking fools. Hollywood needs these types instead of nonstop pretty boy clones in every movie

>Nothing
Jerusalem wasn't (and isn't) very rich in resources and was not in the path of any important trade routes. It's a city in the middle of the desert.

>Everything
Jerusalem is a holy city for all the three main branches of Abrahamic religions. For centuries pilgrims have visited its holy temples and grounds.

Byzantium shouldve helped the crusaders in the first crusade after asking them for help only to abondon them halfway through, thank god they captured it without byzantium

>pic related

uh..... Thats wrong though.

Jerusalem is in the mountains/hills between the desert to the east and the coastal Mediterranean lands to the east.

It was in its early days the central trading point between Egypt, Persia and Anatolia

Later it would be ecinomically eclipsed by cities further to the north in Syria but it was never "unimportant" and it is not "in the middle of the desert"

one of the things about Kingdom of Heaven that bothered me is that it makes it look like Jeruselum is on some flat dirt plain and its not at all its nestled in pretty steep hill country surrounded by Juniper pines and Olive Groves.

Paul Bettany is not only more age appropriate for the role, but a much better actor than Orlando. It would be a massive improvement.

Well they wanted help, a force to fight the Turks and kick them out of Anatolia.

The Crusaders wanted to sack cities and set up independent states in the Levant.

Their interests weren't really the same. The only thing they could agree on was killing Turks.

>them bowlcuts

Superior Heston movie coming through

Take a hint man, they were both terrible picks

christianity never should have happened to europe

>Finally, after all these years of fighting, I have become the Cid

>Scorsese
>Heston
>Loren

>Never talked about
>Never broadcast
>About Arabs and Christians working together
Not sure why

Why? Have you even seen Paul Bettany in anything before?

Was part of a death cult that has attacked Europe for centuries. Never wiped out the Jews.

Satan incarnate.

>Scorses
It says presented by Scorsese, meaning he just produced the restoration of the print or something along those lines.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say bloom was actually cast right for Balian, because he's just a humble blacksmith who finds out he's a minor lord

he doesn't need the flash of a hotheaded knight or gravitas of being highborn

he just works hard at the job that was laid at his feet, gets fucked up a few times, but manages to come out with something manageable; being surrounded by overwhelming numbers but fighting to a stalemate from a defensive position and making sure your side isn't needlessly slaughtered

kingdom of heaven is one of the most kino films (director's cut of course) and i think everybody in the film doesn't phone it in and delivers a fantastic performance. i watch it every year

bloom
eva green
based jeremy irons
motherfucking david thewlis
brendan gleeson
liam neeson
marton csokas
edward norton
michael sheen
alexander siddig
massoud as saladin
kevin mckidd
coster-waldau

jesus fuck what a cast

In Master and Commander, I think he played Vision in those marvel movies I don't watch..

He doesn't fit the warrior role. You do understand that before firearms you have to be able to crack another mans head in half right?
In order to rise up the ranks you had to do this repeatedly, does he strike you as the type who could do that?

The arc of the character was that he was a blacksmith and an engineer, and only became a warrior knight after he lost everything. Bettany actually has done shitty B grade action movies which he got in shape for, and he could portray that character arc pretty well. If all you're getting from Kingdom of Heaven is gruff men swinging swords you're a bigger brainlet than I thought.

I mostly root for the villains now.

But your example is shit op because he wasn't the villain in the movie. The white males were.

Watch it again. The white male christians are the bad guy villains in your film.

SNIVELRY
it was an accident

This has me in literal tears.
I love you