After being swallowed by the fandom for years and only emerging from its bowels in 2015, I have to ask

After being swallowed by the fandom for years and only emerging from its bowels in 2015, I have to ask.

Was this good? Was it ever good?

No.

Yes. I still listen to the music. The music is good.

read "It Hurts!!" instead

I get that. I mean unless we're talking about the squiddle album.
But was the comic good though.
Were the characters good. Was the story compelling, well structured, memorable?

I do read that.
At least It Hurts makes shit up as it goes along and has the guts to admit it wasn't planned in any way.

At least it spawned good MSPFA's.

No.

Problem Sleuth was good.

This wasn't.

No, yes.

No.

Homestuck was great for a little over a year and then it was mediocre with redeeming qualities to awful all the way afterwards. And the early stuff is tainted by the lack of payoff and storytelling. You can say Homestuck had a lot of potential, but you can't really call it good.

Did you know the guy behind the music made undertale?

This.
Looking back this reads too much like a man getting in way over his head.
For what he'd planned for this comic he would've needed a team of writers, not just a team of artists.
Or I don't know. He should've just turned it into a series of novels.

No.

Hussie is great at juggling plot threads. He's great at wordplay, rap, puns, character voices and characterization. All that? Good.

He can't use his plot threads worth a damn and he killed off Nepeta for pretty much no reason. Bad.

Yes obv. The music in that is quite good as well.

post canwc

what did you guys think of the intermission in canwc?

this.
Also, check mspaint fanadventures for new things to read.

I enjoyed the characters, the simple designs that could be interpreted and re-imagined in many different styles, the music and flash-movies, and the interactivity with the readers and fan-contributors. It's a 'comic' that basically mixes all existing forms of storytelling in a way that could only be accomplished by being created for the internet. Hussie can also be pretty damn funny imo.

But the story is all over the place and mostly unpleasant to get through. It goes to shit halfway.

>Was this good?

No.

>Was it ever good?

Yes.

HSG was good

>what remains of hsg isnt even about homestuck anymore
>its not even on a chan anymore

It was good in the early years.

But the mountains of shit being stacked higher and higher outweigh the good TREMENDOUSLY.

>he killed off Nepeta for pretty much no reason.
She was a nothing character. She had the plot significance of dust. Hussie's biggest sin was not killing her off, but killing her off so late into the story. Or, of course, introducing her into the story at all.

this comic definitely suffered from an overabundance of pointless characters

I liked Sopor Gamzee waaaaaaaaay more than I liked him afterwards. Jeez, what a waste of a good character.

at least str8-edge gamzee did stuff

Homestuck started off fine and steadily got better. Then it started meandering and lost its way before ultimately hitting the Scratch. Everything after that is complete garbage.
It should have ended with the Scratch and the link to the next page simply taking you back to page 1 and naming John.

But he wasn't fun to read.

Should've just made a Midnight Crew/Felt story instead of Homestuck.

It's just >muhdavejade >fuck davekat >repostan kanaya now.

Like anyone cares?

Problem Sleuth was always better.

>shipping dave at all
he's pure and also 13

He's like, twenty now.

All through Act 5 was good; even if the comedy took a back seat at the start of Act 5, the story was interesting and tense and it felt like anybody could die. The only problem is that it set up some pins that Act 6 couldn't knock down. The first half of the comic was definitely good, I'd argue great.

>the guy
That guy's only responsible for a fraction of the good shit on the homestuck albums.

good, the snowman reveal made me laugh