You are in charge of creating the last season of Samurai Jack

You are in charge of creating the last season of Samurai Jack.

How do you make it actually good?

Pass all creative control to Genndy Tartakovsky.

/thread

Keep the feel of the show exactly the same as in the original seasons, with a bit of continuity added. Also bring in fan-favorite characters, 1-2 of the 10 episodes with the Scotsman, another 1-2 with Da Samurai. The show ends with Jack going through the Guardian's portal AFTER having killed Aku, because that's the only way.

Introduce indoctrinated assasins which are not blood related to each other. They are different from each other and only one of them is skilled enough to live after the fight with Jack. Then he learns that his way is bad and goes away to do the good stuff for the world (mid season).

Like you know, it should have been.

Turn Jack into a cute girl with a frilly dress.

Aku is now a busty dommish milf type with great flaming eyebrows still.

The seven daughters of aku are still lolis - though more gothic lolita types who eventually turn to jack as a mother figure yet still desire her body.

Remove Ashi

Do everything exactly the same as it is now.

I seriously hope you guys don't hate S5 so far.

We do.

This, but I rearrange the ladybug flashback in Episode 4 to occur during Ashi's nightmare about her mother.

So you admit that you have trouble with recognizing issues? Because there were at least some even if it seems good overall. Really, at least fix some shit.

this guy doesnt speak for all of Sup Forums. just the basement dwelling loud mouths

But that IS all of Sup Forums. And Sup Forums.

>how dare you not nitpick this show to pieces like I do. You've got some nerve, actually enjoying things instead of obsessing pointlessly over tiny flaws

jesus christ, Sup Forums is a bunch of crybabies

>tiny flaws
I get it now, tiny flaws. Tiny.

Don't address any hanging story threads. 10 episodes of purely episodic content, ending on a non-definitive note. No returning characters except Jack, Aku, and the bug drones from the second episode.

Doesn't Javk have to defeat Aku in the past?

Do everything as the current season. There's nothing wrong with it and its the best narrative I've seen in a production for an animated series in a long time.

I didn't say anything about that, but quite possibly. Killing Aku in the future doesn't necessarily kill him in the past, you know. It may be that both must be done to spare the innocent, and the portal knows.

I love it. It could have maybe used another 2-4 more episodes but I guess I can't really say that for another 6 weeks.

>Mysterious guy occasionally shows up
>Sometimes helps Jack, even saving his life
>Sometimes fights him when he seems close to achieving his goal
>Eventually, Jack gets to a time portal
>Mysterious guy fights him
>Jack beats him up bad
>Guy begs Jack not to go back
>Explains that changing the past would get rid of everything that currently exists, basically killing everyone and everything in the universe
>Guy knows Jack is a good person, which is why he helped him sometimes, but doesn't want him to erase all of existence just to save his people
>Jack eventually agrees to stay in the future and works with the guy to stop Aku then, instead of in the past
Probably shit, but whatever.

The whole idea of Jack not getting back is shit. We the fans have been waiting for over a decade, don't disappoint us with this philosophical claptrap.

>its the best narrative I've seen in a production for an animated series in a long time.
you must not watch much animation if thats true

Have you seen modern cartoons? It's a wasteland out there. Can't really blame him, user.

>>Mysterious guy occasionally shows up
>>Sometimes helps Jack, even saving his life after jack kills aku
>>Sometimes fights him when he seems close to achieving his goal
>>Eventually, Jack gets to a time portal
>>Mysterious guy fights him
>>Jack beats him up bad
>>Guy tells Jack finally he's the one
>>jack goes back and kills aku in the past.
>>time travel stuff has made jack never grow old.
>>series ends with jack making it back to the very day he first arrived in the future.
>> he sees many of the people he encountered in the future in a crowd scene in this new future.
>>ends with jack seeing the scottsman and his wife standing there arguing in front of a store.
>>cut to WAHCHA!

>all these buttmad autists shitting on the best show to come out in the past 8 years

Let's be real. None of you watched the original run. You liked the IDEA of an episodic story of a stoic wandering badass, but didn't have the patience to really appreciate Samurai Jack for anything other than BLAM BLAM COOL ACTION SCENES PEW PEW COOL SWORDS AND ROBOTS.

So now that the honeymoon phase is over and we're going into more episodic storytelling focusing less on killing shit and more on exploring the future that is Aku, off beat humor, nice cinematography, and above all Jack's interactions with the people around him and the lessons he learns from/gives out to those he meets on his journeys, you are confused and scared and want to go back to shitposting on Sup Forums.

Season 5 is honestly a 10/10 show. There's nothing like it on television, and probably won't be for a long time. I would have changed some things with the ending of Episode 4 (Ashi's comversion is too convenient), but honestly Genndy was the best man for the job and I trust his decisions.

If you honestly think you could have done better get the fuck off this board.

k