youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8
youtube.com/watch?v=epGUYQhedjk
youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
youtu.be/bNjp_4jY8pY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why is that tiger shooting laser?

the main, heroic stand was ridiculous.

the grim, depressing shit up to that point was good,if a bit ham fisted.

Hitler got his hands on alien tech

it was dogshit.

This, it was just meaningless. It wouldn't have been hard to write a better reason for them to stay there, instead it's just like they gave up.

youtube.com/watch?v=VaisY0SXVdU

Literally another Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer

Germans used green tracer rounds, Allies used red.

/thread

That does happen though with war weary soldiers, a lot of stories from ww2 where battle hardened soldiers simply stop caring anymore

shut the fuck up nigger

I'd also like to know this

its Jewish space magic ya shmuck

Did this actually get used?

Sadly it did not. Here have some M10s though.

>Sadly it did not.
Shame but understandable. I guess the risk of a missed shot hitting all the soldiers behind the tank was just too high.

If they stopped caring they would've walked away instead of dialing the patriotism to 120% and fighting off a battalion of nazi sons of bitches in their broken down little tank cause "fuck retreating, we're americans, boys".

>ywn go mudding in an M10

Fury was a poorly written melodrama and it wasn't even close to historically accurate. Excellent sound design though.

What a shame.

In the script there was originally suppose to be a scene that explained it better but I think it was cut or deleted.

In it, the Fury crew come across Jason Isaac's character and his platoon dead and dying by a roadside. Its not clear what killed them, be it an ambush or just a lucky artillery strike, but most of them are gone. Brad Pitt then speaks to the dying Isaacs who emphasizes that his tank is "the only one left" and that battalion won't be able to send more troops to the medical station at least till morning.

There were also a ton of "bonding" scenes that were meant to make the crew more human that were cut "for time". These are available on Youtube.

They made the Tiger commanders complete idiots. But most American movies make the Germans out to be retards, so it's not suprising.

>muh Nazi supermen

It's 1945, they are starving, demoralized, and likely poorly equipped and probably poorly trained.

Sucks to be the driver.
>everyone is still dry while you're drenched in mud
>you hear the boom on your top

tracer rounds + motion blur

youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8

boy I sure do love star wars!

I'm not saying they were supermen. And not saying the Tigers were good tanks, but they way it was used in that movie was pants on head.
And they do the similar things in most other war movies, make the "bad guys" out to be idiots.
Shit ain't entertaining.

It ain't easy being an American tank destroyer. Those open top turrets leave you pretty exposed.

those fucking things can drift

Now I know how I want my funeral

Sure, but they shouldn't have been casually marching on the street in the middle of a war.

polistes fuscatus

>"The humans, I think, knew they were doomed, but where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say good-bye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves, without fear or hesitation, at the very face of death itself, never surrendering..."
It was a terrible war. Those Minbari bastards...

it would take like 5 shermans to kill a tiger tank even at the end of ww2

Call me a pussy (I am) but the scene where Brad Pitt tells Percy Jackson that if he doesn't fuck the German girl he'll rape her made me uncomfortable

scrotes emptius

>equips tiger with lazers
>keeps the 8.8
based nazis

The fuck is wrong with Americans?

Like what?

Someone clearly hasn't watched the fucking movie and is only here to shitpost.

I thought she was French?

>tfw saltposters will never know this feel
Every morning is like highfiving Jesus.

I thought they were fighting in Germany at that point

Brad pls your movie was shit

nothing at all

youtube.com/watch?v=epGUYQhedjk

We're just too damn awesome.

Should be the other way round considering they're the baddies.

What do you mean like what? Have you never seen any other war movies? The bad guys are always treated as things less then "normal".
I don't want a movie where the good guy wins because the bad guy is so arrogant he charges a man with a sword when he has a bow. As I said, shit ain't entertaining.
Make the hero out smart the villain, don't make the villain out-dumb the hero.

youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc

It would have made a better video game.

I liked it technically cause it was cool seeing the last working King Tiger tank, and the performances were good, but it was lacking plot and stoeywise and was somrwhat lazily written

Its not. There were no lasers used in WWII.

weeee.webm

>they should have been a pussy little bitch like me reeeeee
go back to whatever shit of a country you came from, refugee

>93 kph
This is objectively the greatest tank of ww2

>tfw you slap a 90mm on it just for fun.

Jesus I never knew they tried this. This makes it better

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc

They dicked around with a lot of things.

What is the most "out there" thing they did to a tank?

The Russian Tsar tank inspired the Star Wars Hailfire droid

They put all types of weird shit onto the Sherman. Chrysler once had a proposal for a nuclear powered amphibious tank. The Russians also have some crazy ideas like rocket powered tanks.

There was also field modification. Crews would pile sandbags, tank treads, and even concrete onto the tanks in the hopes of giving added protection.

No it wasn't. Star Wars wouldn't be out for 35 more years.

This movie was utter crap. The ending was fucking stupid.

youtu.be/bNjp_4jY8pY
Watch this pls

Stupid Jetpack Hitler

It answers your question about the most "out there" tank. This thing was used in WWI and literally has not other tank design like it.

I mean look at it. Only the Russians would think of arming a tractor.

>Only the Russians would think of arming a tractor.
New Zealand.

The Sherman crew was such unlikable dickwads that I cheered for the Tiger.

What a horrible movie.

>Only the Russians would think of arming a tractor.
Pretty sure the Japs made the Type 89 by doing exactly that

The Sherman wasn't as outclassed as the memes would lead you to believe. It could penetrate the Tiger's armor reasonably well, just not at the ranges the Tiger was able to engage at with its 88mm cannon. Getting close could be hazardous, but overall the Sherman was a much better tank, especially later in the war when they outfitted better guns to it. More reliable, cheaper, more versatile and maneuverable, etc. It's main design flaw was the use of gasoline engines. Gasoline being much more flammable than diesel, the Shermans gained a reputation for burning up.

Holy fuck, its a rolling warehouse

oops, meant to post this one

Here's your tank user.

Reminder that one of the gunners was seated on top of the engine and to prevent him from being burned they just put a mattress on top

Did someone say New Zealand tanks?

GAS GAS GAS

What the actual shit?

Here user, have some spaghetti armor.

fucking jawas

>watch a 46 minute video
fr*ck off

the Schofield tank, a design created in case of Japanese invasion that could run on wheels for fast deployment on roads, then switch to treads for off road movement

Like most sensationalized war movies it's based on war memoirs and not the work of historians. Soldiers trying to sell books will usually embellish and make themselves look as badass as possible, and of course it all gets another bullshit pass by the screen-writer. In particular Fury draws from Death Traps, which is widely regarded to be nonsense.

In reality the US armored force in europe had pretty low casualty ratess, good camp conditions, and the soldiers weren't nearly that bloodthirsty either. David Ayers tried to turn western front into the eastern or pacific for maximum brutal grimdark.

>have to rally the entire planet to fight a nation 1/3rd the size of texas
>hollywood need to make it look like the US was some sort of underdog in every single movie it produces
How many more decades will it take for people to finally realize that the fact that Germany stood a chance was a miracle in itself? I mean, considering how incompetent their allies were, they basically took on the entire planet on their own. When will we finally see Hollywood movies that acknowledge this fact?

Why did the SS forget they had anti tank weapons? I mean you see them carrt the things. But they just decide to throw themselves at the tank. They are German not Russian.

was WWII the most autistic war?

>that enormous profile and completely flat plating

Maybe

Id say so.

god damn the prequels sucked so much, but the vehicle designs were on point, so fucking awesome.

Good stuff man.

Sokolov was right

WW1 infinitely more autistic.

WW2 was autism of few people, literally everyone was autistic in WW1

close, but not quite

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear