The Rock was cast as Black Adam THREE years ago

>The Rock was cast as Black Adam THREE years ago
>movie coming out in two years
>Shazam STILL has not been casted

I'm beginning to worry.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
youtube.com/watch?v=3xzYjiP-W2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the WB, you can't be surprised.

>What's popular right now, fellow WB executive
>The Rock, he's the most popular actor in the world
>Okay, lets sign him up for the DC movies. Who does he look like?
>My assistant says someone called The Black Atom.
>Sounds perfect, lets get the ball rolling on this.
>We don't have a script, or a director, or... or anything except The Rock.
>So?

>They will not cast John Cena as Captain Marvel

Internal screaming intensifies.

Great casting, but he'll be an old fucking man by the time he plays Adam. Come to think of it, a SHAZAM movie is a good jumping off point for a DC movie universe reboot
>Establish magic and old gods
>Reference other heroes exist, Billy looking up to Superman perhaps
If WB can pull their heads out their ass

I think they're still waiting to see how Justice League does before deciding if it's gonna be a DCEU movie or not before they start pressing forward.

If it's gonna be its own thing, they'll sign the actor on for three movies, if it's gonna be DCEU, they'll wanna sign him for like nine because Captain Marvel can be a big character for them.

It's never going to happen.

>they will not cast Stone Cold Steve Austin as Captain Marvel

*glass breaks*

Brie Larson is already Captain Marvel.

This

I really want to see Black Adam fight Superman at some point in a movie, DCEU or not

well neither of them are ever getting a movie again so you should give up that dream now

They can't even make a Shazam ongoing.

>Brie Larson is already Captain Marvel.

There is no retort that won't make me look autistic

JON HAMM FOR SHAZAM 2017 REE

Flash doesn't even have a director or finalized script yet.

They already signed a contract for a huge actor. Of course it's going to happen.

Three years ago? I remember when that idea was being bandied about in 2005.

>movie coming out in two years
Yeah, sure. And Flash is coming out next year too.

none of them do

As of right now it's Aquaman and then nothing

but of course that's probably going to change by comic-con

Can Dwayne save the DCEU?

Aquaman tanks and we're gonna get nothing but Bat films for the foreseeable future. There's already Batman, Harley Quinn's solo, Nightwing and Batgirl waiting in the wings.

He can't even save WWE

and it has a similar problem as the DCEU in that they want to be taken seriously by mainstream audiences and don't do it very well

>They already signed a contract for a huge actor. Of course it's going to happen.

Batman's not as popular as he used to be

>There's already Batman, Harley Quinn's solo, Nightwing and Batgirl waiting in the wings.
I just want one fucking DC medium/universe that's not oversaturated by Batman shit, is that too much to ask?

To be fair they don't really need anyone else but The Rock

Pity, that was one of the better Bat films.

If it makes you feel any better, half of them may not happen. Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps and Justice League Dark were announced and there's been very little from those too.

Another WGA strike looming large it might even come to all the films being shelved for years.

We need Patrick Warburton before he's too old people! STEP THIS SHIT UP!

>Brie Larson is already Captain Marvel.
Literally who?

They try to appeal to mainstream audiences in everything but the actual show. Say what you want about, say, Raw's writing, but it isn't running from its history.

Marvel's Captain Marvel. DC has their own that they gave up on completely & just started calling "Shazam," because they never tried hard enough to push him as a character or gave any interesting characteristics he had to Superman a female & younger version, a bald supervillain, being the nicest man in the universe, being incorruptibly honest, etc.)

He's already too old.

Because he is a fucking little kid? A literal boy scout.

Actually Mary Marvel came out before Supergirl, alot of these similarities were DC trying to match Captain Marvel who was outselling them at the time. Capt. Marvel was originally owned by Fawcett comics then got shafted/out of business in like the 70s. By the time DC acquired the rights Marvel already came out with their own Captain Marvel, so they just started using the Shazam title.

This is the only correct casting choice for this, anything else and this movie will fall apart.

That's what I mean. Half of it they lifted or got straight from the source (Otto Binder.) After DC sued Fawcett as shittily as possible (Strong man who can fly is only allowed to be us, despite the fact that originally Superman could only "leap tall buildings in a single bound," while Captain Marvel could just fly because it's MUCH easier to draw), they sold out to Charlton, who promptly created LITERALLY NOTHING for them, then promptly resold them back to DC, who then promptly kept bringing him up every 8 years, but either just keeping it as a mini-series, shifting him on to a team or just ignoring him altogether.

>Comic Con 2017 rolls around
>WB announces new slate.
>2019 will have four movies; None of them are Shazam or JL2
>Gotham Sirens, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batman replaces the old slate
>WB quietly cancels Shazam
>The Rock picks a new character from Batman's Rouge List
>Which ever character he picks get a movie

...I'm positive something like this is going to happen. 2019 marks Batman 80th anniversary, so it would make sense for them to have more Batman movies.

He's not a literal boy scout, I think your parents have to sign you up for that...

doot doot doot doot

As shitty as DC has treated the character, they have managed some great stories for him, First Thunder, Power of Shazam, etc. but yeah Billy doesn't deserve this treatment.

if they cancel Shazam Dwayne Johnson's going to Marvel no question

it got announced like a decade ago and they made him wait until 2019 if they then cancelled it he's gone

If comic fags who attend CC had any standards, they would boo them off stage, and with good reason.

I could see Dwayne doing that, he'd probably have more fun filming anyway, might even do some charity stuff with Evans and Pratt. It'd be funny if he played Hercules of all people

I had no idea I wanted this until I saw this picture. But Cena looks so natural here.

I for one welcome our new wrestling thunder gods

Would be a bit weird though... The Rock has said that he would never do a Marvel movie and constantly trashes them.

But it would be funny he ends up begging for that Marvel paycheck.

Well you've still got the arrowverse

>The Rock has said that he would never do a Marvel movie and constantly trashes them.
When did that happen? Because I fail to see why he'd do movies like central intelligence but not Marvel.

he also said Shazam would be out before 2019

>The Rock picks a new character from Batman's Rouge List
>Which ever character he picks get a movie
There isn't really any character notable enough that he fits for, though. I could maybe see Bane, with the actual mask and some movie magic to make him a tad bulkier but that's really it.

Kurt Angle as marvel

Well, anything can go I guess. The Rock is the biggest flip flop among A-list actors. It's entirely possible for him to do Marvel movie give his current lineup of films.

1- the movie made money
2- this is the fourth Lego Batman Film
3- people are just not used to see a animated movie that is basically a parody about a really specific subject
4-not a summer movie
5-still made a lot of money

does it even matter, it's already confirmed to not take place in the DCEU which i guess is it's own blessing but at the same time it being stand alone makes me take it less seriously.

and then Batman comes running from behind and hits Black Adam with a steel folding chair.

Bane has some lore with Batman beyond being a villain so it could work. But honestly, I don't see how The Rock as Black Adam could work. He would look a bit goofy playing that character.

>it's already confirmed to not take place in the DCEU

Source please.
Because that's dumb.

Their only weaknesses will be folding chairs and stepladders.

I think you should brace yourselves for this film's quiet cancellation following Wonder Woman.

More likely because of the incoming Strike. Sucker killing many a planned film.

How long until the normies and casuals get tired of all the incessant Batman shit?

I'd like to see other heroes... but then again I'd also settle for a DCEU film that doesn't fucking suck and isn't the most cringeworthy thing ever.

It'll take place in the DCEU the way the Netflix shows take place in the MCU.

Speaking about YASS QUEEN, we don't know shit about what her movie's about either and they are STILL writing her script.

Shazam family movie casted with all wrestlers would do fucking numbers.

Smaller scale in a way that it wouldn't make sense to be mentioned with characters who save the world?

Captain Marvel AKA Shazam has a lot of issues with casting. They have to cast the guy playing "Shazam" himself, the child actor who is going to play Billy, and they have to set it up so that we don't have a Harry Potter problem where the actors immediately look like they are in their 20s by the third film when they are supposed to be children the entire time.

Well the usual answer to those is you film a couple of them back-to-back (i.e. Harry Potter or Superman), but studios won't risk anything like that on Shazam...

Never
A million normies are born every week

>But honestly, I don't see how The Rock as Black Adam could work. He would look a bit goofy playing that character.
I don't think the voice matches perfectly, but when you consider The Rock is the most ELECTRIFYING man I think he fits fine.

You want more shit actors in DCEU movies?

APPLE DOUGH!

The big rumor right now is that it is not just a Shazam movie but a Black Adam movie too.

>Aquaman tanks
Of course he tanks. He's a fish guy.

YES PLEASE

My dad is nintendo and this Concept art just leaked

Marvel will put the movie out at least.

>mfw justice dweebs

Marvel seems to make up some of their scripts kind of quickly now. Like I think they even choose variations on their scrips based on whether actors sign on for contract extensions or not. But even with Iron Man they supposedly didn't have much of the dialogue written when they were filming and it still came out all right.

Somehow they are still able to make movies that are successful. It's rather unusual for a movies series.

I honestly wouldn't mind a campy Shazam! movie with pro wrestler stars. At the very least it would shut the Marvlels up about "muh grimdark"

I'd love to see Dwayne in a Marvel movie. He would fit in the MCU no problem

The Rock will play both. He'll also be the wizard and Billy's dad in flashback.

It's not a rumor anymore.
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008

The film is in development.

In development? Well then it might as well have been out for weeks then!

IT'S HAPPENING BREHS

youtube.com/watch?v=3xzYjiP-W2M

Someone hasn't heard of "development hell"

They've already announced that Black Adam and Shazam will have separate movies, so there's no need to do Shazam now.

I didn't know i wanted this..
I want it so badly

never

ever

So cast the all wrestling Shazam movie, Sup Forums
Shazam - Cena
Black Adam - The Rock
Captain Marvel Jr. -
Mary Marvel -
The Wizard Shazam -
Uncle Dudley -
Tawny - Ron Funches

penguin dear god i would kill to see him play penguin just for the fuck all of it

>Black Adam cheeses and hams into the camera for 90 minutes
A'ight.

It's all Feige. The man is one in a million. He's probably literally the only person in Hollywood who could even hope to do what he does.

>Introducing Dwayne the Rock Johnson as "Poison Ivy"

Might as well, really.

The Wizard is obviously Vince.

Mary should be the only non Wrestler and should be whoever is the flavor of the month Disney starlet.

Anyone who ever thought there'd be a captain marvel movie was super delusional.

>The Rock was cast as Black Adam THREE years ago

That's because the Rock was interested in doing a DC movie and ended up wanting to be Black Adam. He's also the reason the project even began moving onward.

Wow, give him the black hair and eyebrows and he'd actually look perfect.

Make the villain the MC.

Tell about the rise, corruption, and fall of Mighty Adam.

It ends with banishment by the wizard Shazam then put Billy in the sequel.