The newest episode was pretty bad, what happened? I hope it doesn't stay that way

The newest episode was pretty bad, what happened? I hope it doesn't stay that way.

Please elaborate

It was really good, what happened is you're either retarded and/or fishing for replies by posting an opinion most people will disagree with.

Kill yourself

It wasn't bad, it was just weak in comparison to the other episodes.

Most people that watch Marvel movies like them, does it make them good? No? Then fuck off with your retarded thinking

I agree, this past episode was the least of the four, but I don't necessarily find it bad and don't understand this overreaction too much. It was ok

I might be the only one who thinks the exact opposite. The first three episodes were like a stupid Michael Bay movie, but now it's feeling like SJ again.

It was the first episode that actually felt like a classic Samurai Jack episode and people are saying it was bad. Fucking weird.

It was bad because of Ashi.

Wow could you stop spamming /co board?

But thicc Ashi

It was great. Just some comedic changes in tone like whenever Scaramouch showed up in the first episode or like the past 4 seasons of the show.

Now these anons know whats going on
the first three were total shit

I never said most people liking this episode meant this episode is good. Both statements can be true without one being the reason for other. Most people like the Beatles, that doesn't mean the reason the Beatles are good is because of album sales.

Yes, le thicc girl makes up for a shitty episode and potential ruin of the whole season. But le thicc is good am i right my reddit bros

I liked the crow scene

But she didn't really do anything other then have a small amount of character development. There was more development for Jack during this episode.

That wasn't his argument, that user was saying OP is false flagging baiting for replies. Evidenced by OP providing no reasons for why he thought the episode was bad.

We /logan/ now.

>Most people that watch Marvel movies like them, does it make them good?

Yes

>Makes them good in terms of financial success
>not good in terms of quality
kys

I'm hoping it's this, and not a fucking romance between Ashi and Jack

I hated both of the Avengers movies.

Enough with the stupid bait shit OP

Not even OP and even I thought it was subpar as a whole. Sup Forums just over hyped itself on a past relic.

Why isn't this thread deleted yet?

Meh, it was a weak episode. On par with the weak episodes of old Samurai Jack, but a weak episode all the same.

That could partly be why people found it lackluster. The tone, and character motives felt at odds with the first three episodes.

This too.

I wouldn't call it bad at all.
However I would say that Phil Lamarr's voice acting was a bit off this episode. Jack clearly sounded like a black dude while I was watching, which never crossed me in the previous eps of this season.

I doubt they'll go down the romance route. This episode seemed more like it was trying to set up a father/daughteru relationship. Which would make more sense anyway.

Yeah, but it didn't feel like a GOOD classic Samurai Jack episodes. No interesting episodic characters, the episodic environment wasn't even that great.

Because they had to waste the whole episode on fucking Ashi. Guess what, from now on every episode is going to be like that, because of her.

Ashi is a good supportingcharacter. Annoying, but also provided an interesting dynamic for Jack and pushed Jack out of his comfort zone, which always makes for interesting plotlines.

The setting was weak, but the climax of the episode was visually stunning, and as a whole it worked well as a breather episode.

>The newest episode was pretty bad
I don't agree with the premise of your post.

> OP stated episode was bad
>"an opinion most people will disagree with"
>"I never said most people liking this episode"
guess who is either retarded and/or fishing for replies

I enjoyed it, it was entertaining seeing Jack have to lug a crazy bitch around.

nah, it was good

You are "most people"?

link where?

Kek, where the fuck did this come from?

Are you autistic by any chance?

the 3rd episode overall was the worst, it had the best scene in the series, but that was a good 3 minutes out of a half hour program where he mostly sat around having flash backs

Stating two different facts isn't the same as claiming one fact causes the other fact you brainlet. I never claimed popularity is what causes the episode to be good. Popularity is what causes the episode to be a potential target for people making intentionally offensive claims to fish for responses when they don't actually believe the claims themselves. It was good independent of it being seen as good by most people. Refer to the Beatles example and think before posting next time.

Episode 3 and 4 were pretty bad. But at least the fighting on episode 3 were good.

I dunno if this was just a shitpost or what, but.. I kind of agree. It was a bit sloppy overall. Why does jack put on armor only to take it off 2 seconds later? What is the pointless raining needles shit, just so they can sit in a cave and he can care for her? All of the beast fights were kind of lame as well, although it was nice to see jack be able to swing a blade. Basically a filler episode to get Ashi on Jack's side. I thought it looked very good, but substantively was devoid of meaningful content. I don't really like having Ashi being force fed to us, but whatever, let's see if it develops into anything good from here.

Fuck off son, ep4 was closer in line to the original series in terms of tone. It was fine.

I wouldn't necessarily call the first episodes "stupid", but I agree that this episode had a classic Samurai Jack feel

>I don't agree with the premise of your post.
Only the Rick and Morty crowd does.

I liked it, Really good throwback to the old seasons

I agree, the episodes felt somewhat hamfisted in how it handled Ashi warming up to Jack.
They honestly should have given the show at least two more episodes.

Does anyone have a Mega link for S5 EP2?

Just check Madridsta's tumblr

>filler episode
dude most of samurai jack is "filler" in that case. the original show was incredibly episodic compared to this.

thanks

>let me stick to the Straw Man fallacy so people won't notice how shit my argument was
kys, faggot. All your argument revolves around "you don't like because you are dumb or just trolling". The fighting were pretty bad, Ashi was just annoying, and the ladybug ending poor writing.

>Why does jack put on armor only to take it off 2 seconds later?
it's called being prepared

>pretty bad
>pretty BAD
didnt you see how ashy saved jack and how she learned to deal with her anger, ashy is a deep and complex character, its not her fault she got raised by akus disciples to belive jack was evil and to rely on her anger instead of trying to find motivation in her love for the world to protect it.
She is clearly the best thing that happenned so far this season, what did jack even fight before she showed up? one robot as in a single one lame robot fight like there has been countless before? now jack gets to actually develop as a character because ashy is there instead of having him fight another robot, rescue another villange and then move on to star in the next episode you are welcome.
Also ashy is a cute, and jack is cute when he is with ashy because she is so cute and their dinamic is totally great, she completely plays off his kind samurai personality by being so edgy and explosive, didnt you like the episode aku turns into ikra and then they work together? well this is the same thing again only this time its real, this time jack doesnt just get to save someone but also get aved himself, that never happenned in the original show, i mean you already had 4 seasons of your boring crap, make way for some new and exciting writing, isnt that what you wanted all along? adult swim jack? well you got it, would you rather have jack stare in a ppg like cartoon network reboot where jack goes to middleschool and aku is shown gardening? i dont think so

Did anybody update those pictures of those 4 guys reacting to each Samurai Jack episode so far with the newest one?

The difference my friend is that those old episodes felt like an adventure, an episode of itself. This felt scrapped together since they needed a "together time" episode for Jack and Ashi

carnevale?

>This felt scrapped together
It didn't feel scrapped together at all. Don't know what show you're watching.

>What is the pointless raining needles shit
It was funny.

I thoroughly disliked it, but I didn't have high hopes coming back to this show anyway. Undeniably the old series had its fair share of duds and I'm sure something in the future will make up for it, Nu-Jack likes to play on expectations and usually succeeds.

I think the early reveal of Aisha reforming killed the point of this episode. if we hadn't known it would've been surprising to see her alive after Jack butchered her whole kin.

Also I'm a vorefag so nope, no saving grace. It just sucks.

Why is Sup Forums being spammed with bait threads today?

Yea the fact that he slaughtered all of her sisters and is acting all chummy and goofy instantly is offputting.

Nevermind the talking to himself which is being overused and retarded. I would have been okay if he started off with look sorry about your siblings but aku is a nasty piece of shit but nope. Would have liked it if she DIDN'T reform and he finished the job.

I liked that part. Suicide Jack is the most memorable character so far.

>today

I think you mean since April 1.

No he's not. What I also hated was the fact that this guy who told him to kill himself is now telling him to ditch ashi and get out which is saving himself. Do you want jack to die or not make up your mind bro. He feels cheap now

>Things are only good if I think they are!

Well somebody has a high opinion of themselves.

Bringing up the Marvel movies when they have nothing to do with anything makes it obvious you're fishing for (you's) so good job

Animation is a visual medium, Jack's hallucinations are the proper way to manifest his inner struggle. Suicide Jack's shifting agenda and ethereal nature is what keeps him memorable. There's clearly something more to him

I liked the puffball too.

>I liked the puffball too.

So did I the only good thing about the episode. Hope she stays

Thicc is now Reddit?

fatfucking sjws have always been reddit

Orbs never last unless it's a nintendo game

>Would have liked it if she DIDN'T reform and he finished the job.

We could have had all the emotional impact of this scene and it would have been the best moment in animated history even if they walked it back next episode. Missed opportunity.

Why are you autists so obsessed with wanting characters to always have a single retardedly simple motivation that never changes? He isn't the "I always want to make Jack kill himself" guy. He's Jack's jungian shadow expressing doubts and unpleasant ideas which he doesn't want to face. The idea he didn't want to face when he was ambushed by a bunch of assassins earlier was the option of killing himself. The idea he didn't want to face when he was dealing with a restrained Ashi more recently was the temptation to just abandon her. These don't contradict each other, both are ideas he didn't want to face that were voiced by his hallucinatory subconscious because he's been worn down to the point of borderline schizophrenia from fifty years of mostly fruitless struggling against a post-apocalyptic, literally demonic despotic super-government in a strange and unsettling dystopian future.

Its almost like they're just fishing for (you)s and first time SJ watchers.

The newest episode was pretty good, what happened to you OP?

I'm pretty sure the puffball was (or was at least a hallucination based on) one of the creatures living inside that giant mutant sea monster. It was the same as the talking frog and the talking crows, except this time it was a creature that doesn't have a real world equivalent. So I don't think it'll come back, what'll come back is the general idea of animals Jack comes across talking to him when he hallucinates.

It'd be weird if it was actual romance considering Jack is 70+ years old and Ashii is in her early 20s AT MOST.

I've got an Ultimate+ Kuja up with vanille/TG CID. Anyone want to help clear before the deadline?

Aang was chronologically over a 100 years old but that didn't stop him from hooking up with Kataara.

Personally I thought the first was the weakest. The Scaramousch fight was awkward. People give it a pass because they like the gay robot.

The thing is that Aang hadn't lived through those 100 years, he was cryogenically frozen through them and still physically and mentally 12 years old while coming out of the ice, while Jack was actually aware and living during those ageless years

So? They're both adults, and one is magically prevented from aging. Would you prefer it if the time skip was 500 years instead of 50? Immortals are always banging people way younger than them in other fiction without anyone saying it's weird.

>personal episode rather than action filled episode
>suddenly bad

Fuck off this entiter season has been an animated masterpiece for the amount of shit thats come out of western animation for the past few years, plus it had the best color palette of any samurai jack episode

Yeah, what's up with that? Why are people so butthurt about a joke? It's like people are honest to god getting emotional about it.

really feeling that writer change

>this guy who told him to kill himself is now telling him to ditch ashi and get out which is saving himself

I think he's supposed to represent the selfish/cowardly side of Jack's persona. Basically the lack of self respect that Jack has to fight in order to keep doing what he thinks is right.
Your post only brought up cowardly, selfish acts that represent the easy way out of a difficult situation, so I don't see any contradiction if we go by this interpretation.

GO FUCK YOUrSELF NIGGER FAGGOT

The only ones butthurt seems to be the ones complaining about people complaining about an obvious faux pas. I don't remember anyone defending south park when they did the exact same thing.

>writer change
>this episode was written by Genndy alone
???

(you)

Every episode has been great to me so far.

>I'M NOT EMOTIONAL UR EMOTIONAL
Did you just butt into the coversation without context? Me and the other user were talking about why their are so many low quality OPs surrounding R&M and SJ. The people who don't give a shit about the prank obviously wouldn't be changing their posting habits. It's the people who ARE upset about it that changed their posting habits.

This. Jack even mentions that she's the first human he's encountered who thinks Aku is actually benevolent.

It felt like a classic jack episode. Didn't feel adult at all. Which is fine.

I'm starting to think more and more that some people here are either baiting or didn't watch SJ at all.

Wish we got more of this guy