>2013
>Marvel publishes quirky, tongue-in-cheek books where characters praise each other and this passes as "character development"
>Sup Forums is delighted and asks for more

>2017
>Marvel publishes quirky, tongue-in-cheek books where characters praise each other and this passes as "character development"
>Sup Forums is triggered

What happened, you bunch of contrarians?

No one here liked Gillen's YA, stop lying.

but we hated that ya run

"we"

I remember a few people liking it but yeah, most everyone thought it was shit. It had this unending pretentiousness that I couldn't get past.

That series was garbage and ruined the Young Avengers forever

"wuz"

The Young Avengers were always lame.

Yeah. But they were sorta generically lame.

They became LGBT saturated lame.

I liked how he continued to write Loki but the rest of the series sucked

style > substance

that's literally it.

>Sup Forums liked gillen's run

[citation needed]

everyone thought it was shit because it was tumblr the comic.

That Crusade thing ruined the Young Avengers

Still better than Avengers Academy

"kang the conqueror"

And this was another exciting episode of "OP tries to pull something out of their ass and ends up with a handful of shit," tune in next time when they embarrass themselves again

...Are you joking?
Sup Forums fucking loathed Young Avengers.

And it was WAY better than the current equivalents so the point's moot anyway.

>generically lame
>saturated lame
Former's a worse fate than the latter by a wide margin.
If you're gonna be shit, be THE shit. Own it.

In that Heinberg taking like three fucking years to finish it killed all momentum? Agreed.

The original Young Avengers was the throwback old-school Avengers comic to balance out the New and Edgy Bendis Avengers that launched at the same time. The characters were mostly successors to characters Bendis had killed off (Scott Lang, Hawkeye) or rendered useless (Scarlet Witch).

Gillen couldn't do that kind of old-fashioned Marvel comic and there wasn't as much point to it by 2013 so he went for Indie and Tumblr-friendly. Not a terrible idea, but any comic that tries to be Hip To The Kids Today looks stupid.

It's amazing how Kate and America replaced Wiccan and Hulkling as the popular gay couple.

Stop lying Sup Forums always hated this

Are you trying to convince me of something?

You left the LGBT part off. There's fun terrible comics out there but this isn't one of them. Changing multiple characters' sexuality and basing most of the plot and conflict around it altered the course for a lot of the characters.

Wouldn't have the current America book if not for that thing.

The original was just boring because I'm tired of Legacy characters, but I do love a thread complaining about stuff so here I am.

This comic was too gay to function

It would be more popular now if the characters weren't gay

Sup Forums dropped it after 1issue

I want a proper rival to DCs teen titans
XMen is too sjw and old

Did Sup Forums like Gillen's Journey into Mystery?

Like, what gets me most about this book is that Kieron Gilleon did have interesting ideas, and he fully admitted that it wasn't for everyone, but everyone took the stupid ball and ran with it. Like, the only thing people took away is "Youth makes you right and being gay is awesome"

Yeah.

God I fucking hate this book. I wish Wiccan and Hurkling would especially die.

You know it's weird. I actually liked this run while I was reading it, a little too try hard yes but still enjoyable, but once it was finished? I don't know I just plain didn't like it. The characterization was off, The Billy circle jerk was at it's peak, no Eli (This might be a blessing idk.), Teddy fucking jobbed, and America was just annoying and was the first character to have a cool look but she's still kind of bland.

This run was so forgettable but people are still going to jack themselves off and praise it for being so diverse etc etc but I really don't know anyone who actually says 'Yeah Gillen's run YA is an essential YA book and you should definitely check it out.'

Idk this might be the bitter Runaways stan coming out who actually preferred that team over the Young Avengers and I'm still a little bit upset that those characters are getting their own ongoings and Runaways are either dead or limbo or doing what the fuck ever in the Marvel universe.

Nailed it user

Not really, Young Avengers was awful ever since Children's Crusade.

I should probably give the book another shot, I dropped it when the Prodigy bi thing happened and the story started spinning its wheels.