Do you have anything to say in your defence white boi?

>Despite creating one of the most important blockbusters of the year, Jordan Peele didn't get a nomination for his racial themed thriller film, 'Get Out'.

Do you have anything to say in your defence white boi?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/lists/golden-globe-nominations-2018-full-list-nominees-1063937/item/best-performance-by-an-actor-a-motion-picture-drama-1064266
vocaroo.com/i/s1fLDkYQplYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is the year of Women, Ladybird and Greta will sweep in order to share solid resistance against Trump and the rape culture

Jordan just got super unlucky towards the end of the year

why are americans so fucking dense with everything

Maybe the Golden Globes aren't so bad.

get out was shit

fuck movies

Isn't it literally fucking nominated for best comedy?

>important
When will this meme end?

Eeeeeggggh, I mean, don't straight cismales have enough awards already? Let someone else have a turn.

>Americans
>One clickbait journal
>Probably leftis
>Americans
Be intellectually honest

>important doesn't equal great
not that everything considered great gets nominated but still

Says the yuropeon who's happy millions of mudslimes are pouring into his "country"

Wait I'm confused it says here that get out is nominated in two categories.

hollywoodreporter.com/lists/golden-globe-nominations-2018-full-list-nominees-1063937/item/best-performance-by-an-actor-a-motion-picture-drama-1064266

> Oscars cuck to SJWs
> Suddenly everyone gives a shit about the Golden Globes of all things

You can never fucking win.

>nominations of independent films don't happen because smaller film production companies don't have the resources or connections of more established distributors which are used to wine/dine/feed actresses to the decision board
HOLY FLIPPIN WOAH

>the most important

what does this even mean

Jordan Peele shat on West Wing Liberals. Of course he wouldn't get a Globe.

Noooooo it was her turn!

>blockbuster

The committee thought that there were better directors this year than Jordan Peele.

Ah don't worry about it, OP. I'm sure this will make you feel better.

vocaroo.com/i/s1fLDkYQplYY

What was so important about it?

YOU

CAN'T

SATISFY

EVERYONES

EGO

>important

SJWs are fucking retarded.

>this infuriates the wh*te male

Clearly we need to expand the nomination number for best acter just like best picture

Maybe because the awards are at least theoretically about rewarding artistic excellence, not "importance".

Important is not the same as good.

Get Out deserves an Oscar nomination for best picture.

shut up nigger

>boi
Homo detected.
Anyway Golden Globes, as name suggests, focus on globe. Get Out was nothing outside hamburgerrica.

>moviebob

Has there ever been a more epic meltdown over an election than this?

Get Out actually had pretty good cinematography, it honestly buried itself making it's shit all about race

Da foreigners don’t understand the American joke !!!! (ㆀ˘・з・˘)

I remember when he got canned from The Escapist, was hilarious

Holy fuck, FPBP

FUCK YEAH WHITES WIN!

>expecting someone's first fucking over hyped movie about race to be nominated
I liked it, but come the fuck on

Especially when Jordan Peele is no Sidney Poitier. He just took the basic plot points of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, and made it a horror film instead of a drama. It's really not as EARTH SHATTERINGLY brilliant as people make it out to be; but most people don't watch any film before 1985.

I haven't seen Get Out, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Guess Who's Coming To Dinner as a horror film seems like a perfectly good idea for a movie.

this

the affirmative action themed Oscars were last year

Good. Every award-nominated film by a black filmmaker always revolves around them being black, make a film about something else already

1st world problems.

I have no problem with Get Out; it did an excellent job with that premise and I enjoyed it a lot. The problem I have is that people act like it's being snubbed for being a Black film instead of being snubbed because it's a horror film. One is far more common then the other.

>blockbusters
>award season

It's almost like they don't understand hollywood.

Blockbusters are shit

>most important blockbuster of the year
It's just an alright, forgettable horror comedy. It was OK but I don't have any desire to ever watch it again, this is the most obvious example of something only being praised because muh race, the fact that this shit has like a 98% on RT is ludicrous.

I loathe the idea of awards. Even worse is the idea of entitlement to awards. Maybe Get Out wasn't as good as you thought it was, Affinity Magazine? But we can't entertain that notion, now can we

If women and minorities want prizes maybe they should do a better job. That's all I have to say every time this nonsense crops up

>Despite creating one of the most important blockbusters of the year
opinion

The movie was retarded, 6/10 at the very best

However considering the garbage that usually gets nominated I can see why people are wondering why it didn't make the cut

This. I wish more people would talk about this. If it's snubbed it'll be because it's a horror movie that makes fun of upper middle class-to-wealthy "liberals" who virtue signal their Obama love all the time (ie. Academy members).

It won't be snubbed just because it's black when two black oriented movies this decade won BP.

>important
It's a great movie. But the movie is severely overrated and heralded as cinematic masterpiece with important social commentary that it took away the original charm of the movie

What's that? A low budget horror didn't get awards nominations!?

CRAZY

What does it mean though?

It really wasn't that great of a film. It reveals itself in the first 10 seconds of the film making the entire rest of the guessing game part of the movie just useless.

It waxsn't even good. It was completely average.

Split was far, far, far, far better.

I'm not even being contrarian. I don't get it. Get Out was a solid 5/10. There was no real twists or anything. It's just a kind of weird story.

It wasn't long, I guess.

> one of the most important blockbusters of the year
> made 250 million
> meanwhile pirates of kangs n shet
> 700 million
really makes me think

>BOO HOO I CAN'T FUCK WHITE WOMEN WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS TRYING TO SUCK MY BRAIN OUT

Well maybe you should stick to your own women you fucking nigger? You ever think about that?

The movie did get nominated though, no? So what's the issue?