Was the nigger the alien at the end?

Was the nigger the alien at the end?

DOES DRUMPFT GET THE DUBS?

yea. no noticeable breath

This is a serious discussion regarding the ambiguous ending of the movie "The Thing" (1982)

don't you ever call keith david a nigger on my watch

dumb theory, debunked by carpenter

Yes, he drank the molotov.

Say the nigger was the thing. Did it die with the mighty white man, or is there a chance it somehow escapes?

Probably froze and waited to get released like before the movie

Wouldn't it have burned alongside everything else?

did they explained the white guy torn jacket?

Yes he was.

Mac knows he has lost and gives him a last drink.

Yes, and it was successful. Its kind successfully took over the greatest country in the world.

no, they even said the fire was dying down

No.

Why didn't the thing just assimilate Kurt Russell then?

>walk away from the camp
>get frozed
>government/military comes to check why scientists aren't doing science
>oh shit it all burned
>lets make a new camp
>construction crew/excavation team find frozen bodies
>oh shit aliens

What's the point?
Either the alien and kurt russel get frozen or just alien gets frozen

>What's the point?
>Either the alien and kurt russel get frozen or just alien gets frozen

Couldn't the thing take over kurt's body and then there would be two of them? 2 things better than 1

>same thing happens with new crew
>they also sacrifice themselves and die, while the thing gets frozen again

how many times would this happen before the gubbanment would get suspcious about the entire thing?

He still had a flamethrower.
It's implied that MacReady torches Childs regardless if he was an alien or not.
You have two possible endings right there.
The third possible ending is that they are both aliens and just waiting to freeze.

The point of the ambiguous ending is to bring a sense of dread and suspense.
There is no winning, both characters will die, MacReady dies and the alien wins or they were both aliens all along.
Three possible choice and none of them are happy. That's the point.

It's explained in the video game adaptation which is regarded as cannon by john carpenter himself

I guess but it still doesn't matter since a coroner or the person who finds the body would be exposed.

>governments
>learning
Pick one

>mac torches nigger
>nigger was alien
>dies
>mac then an heroes by fire

wouldnt this kill off the thing?

Guys...obviously Kurt Russell wins at the end. That's why there's never been a sequel.

>a dozen crews in a row die off in mysterious and alarmingly consistently vague and brutal ways in a row in the middle of antarctica

as stupid as the government is, I feel like they would sense something is off at that point

According to the video game, childs was human and MacReady was infected.

Yes dude, but at the time the game was not canon. It didn't exist.
Meaning that Mac also dies.
Sure you have them saving the world, but the point of the ending was to feel a sense of isolation and hopelessness.
Regardless of who was an alien or who wasn't. They would die.
It's entirely plausible that Childs (when he went missing) hid away a piece of himself in the camp somewhere. So they still lose.
It's all speculation m8, just focus on the feeling because that's what is important.
Hopelessness and isolation.

Desu, I would be more than comfortable being "isolated" and torching myself to death knowing I'm literally saving the planet from a horrible death. im not even a moralfag but its so frightening to think of that i would just do it anyway

Like I said in a previous post, it's highly implied (it's even in the script) that Mac fries Childs on principle that he can't be trusted.
It doesn't even matter if he used a molotov to trick Childs or not. He fries him even if he is human. He might go around the camp for a while and fry any organic material he finds as much as he can. Doing exactly what you're saying, just trying to ensure he doesn't miss anything.

It's terrifyingly powerful.

I've studied this movie since I was nearly a baby back in the 80s. It was one of the first movies I ever watched.
What is more terrifying is when you realize that Nauls just disappears entirely at the end of the movie.