Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

What did Sup Forums think of the movie?
Did you read the books too?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12713627
youtube.com/watch?v=peecZyyPj5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The books were good, haven't seen the movie. Did they fuck it up? I'd like to know before I see it

They kinda did.
Tried to shove the first 3 books into one movie and it shows.Very pretty movie though.

I really like the movie but i never read the books
the movie is animated beautifully, i would recommend it just on visuals alone. The music is pretty good too- save for an owl city montage song that a lot of people will probably find out of place.

story is what it struggles with, i could pick up it may annoy fans of the series because It seemed to be rushing through things a bit similar to how some of the HP movies did. But that's to be expected honestly.

Tldr: A+ visuals C- story

I read the books because of the movie.
I feel that was the best order to do it, since the cut-up story and radically changed characters probably would have upset me a lot more the other way around.

I know the movie isn't all that good, but I just can't get enough of the visuals.

Lets settle this.
strawpoll.me/12713627

>WB
>Zack Snyder
It's shit

Synder directed it. Of course it was shit.

I adore short-ears, but Otulissa is forever a whiny, stuck-up spotted owl in my heart; so I have to go with Nu Struma.
Also owl swords.

The one and only best girl.
Honestly thought they were gonna ship her and Soren. Then fucking Otulissa out of nowhere.

Pretty much.

I also unironically like that Owl City song.

Seen once, will read the books later.

Fuck that poll, nigger.

What's wrong with it, nigger?

Anywhere I can read the books?

I wouldn't know. I went ahead and bought all the physical volumes from an online book store.
Sorry user.

i keep telling myself i don't like owl city anymore but its a goddamn fucking lie

I did too honestly, I also appreciated the pun and the whole theater I was in chuckled when it happened, but its one of the complaints I see the most so I made sure to mention it

Very pretty
Can't wait till they finish the mouse guard movie

People above these posts weren't being negative.
Really makes you drink.

>but I just can't get enough of the visuals.
It is Snyder's forte.

I also have the MP3 of the song on my phone. I have weird tastes in music.

Wanna fuck that birb

Obligatory

the name sounded absolutely ridiculous so I didn't see it

youtube.com/watch?v=peecZyyPj5k
>This fucking scene though

It was an okay movie I liked it but I preferred the books and there were some changes that I felt were kinda eh. I did not however like how they portrayed Digger as he came across as far to silly and neurotic when he was supposed to be the teams smart guy and usually had a cool demeanor in the books

I kinda liked what they did with Twilight but they murdered Digger's character. Also they cut out so many characters from St. Aggies that I would have loved to see.