Think of a comic character, Sup Forums

Think of a comic character, Sup Forums.

Got one? No cheating!

Better have on ready!

The higher-ups have charged you with replacing them with a minority group. How do you do it without making it hackneyed?

wasn't there a black batman already?

Deadpool

Make it shit on the writers the entire time

AHAHAHAHA.

>Frank Castle
Well, Frank is basically a universal constant of murder, so he'd be OK as any race.
Except for that one time he was black.

Truly no difference.

but isn't Deadpool pretty much a smug negro already?

Oh! I've actually been thinking about this for Bart Allen for the past five years. But basically, my idea was to introduce a male love interest down the line, like twenty issues in, HOWEVER, he won't be forced in. He'd only appear a couple a time ever three or so chapters, before finally having a main role in a storyline, but even then Bart and him still aren't in a relationship -- still just friends. He'd finally be in the main cast and interact with the other characters for like thirty issues before finally him and Bart get together. But even then, they're relationship wouldn't be treated as a big deal. So my plan is to not force it and make it feel natural.

>Harley Quinn

Hmm... I make her daughter (Lucy Quinzel) be some sort of legacy of her and make her being in love with one of Ivy's sporelings/daughters/creations/whatever the fuck the Ivy mini did like some sort of star-crossed lovers.

>Garfield the Cat
Change his voice actor, I guess.

Sonic the hedgehog... hmm..

>black Green Lantern

Uh. Mexican Green Lantern?

Jack's Asian already, so what, do I make him black? At least he'd be able to keep his voice actor.

Nightcrawler's father is a mutant from a middle easterny Mediterranean island and his mom is a shapeshifter with no set background

Wouldn't be hard. He's still blue though.

Originally this idea came to me with no nefarious intent but then I remember the exploding communion wafers and this has potential to go places.

But Jackie Chan is already a minority.

I-I chose the Black Cock.
I mean to replace him with another minority race or gender would fuck with the inherent humor of the character. And I don't even understand the social ramifications of replacing a minority with an even more minor minority? Then on top of that he doesn't even get used enough to make any real difference. I don't know, user. I just don't know.

And the machine breaks afterwards

>Emp
Years into the future she's in her mid 30s now and coming up on 40 fast, her daughter however, just turned 16 and is beginning to be plagued by the same self esteem issues that Emp herself had in her younger years before she finally settled down with Thug Boy.

You could make him trans, that's all the rage at the moment despite being less than half a percent of the population.

>Tim Drake
Make him gay.

WE
WUZ

Joke's on you OP, Superman's already part of a minority.

Japanese Iron Man that looks like a young Ken Watanabe.

>Superman
I guess you could make him black. My first thought was he lands on some peace colony in San Francisco as child around the 70s and is raised by some hippies. That way he develops an unrealistic set of morals, priorities, and world views.

Or when you think about it, if you keep everything about Superman the same except his race, it would work okay.

>Superman
I quit. It's not worth replacing Clark.

Superman is already part of a minority, there's, what, three other full blooded Kryptonians in the universe?

Tumblr don't think of mexicans as minorities, what chance do Kryptonians have?

Mexican Samurai Jack

Samurai Juan

The series becomes something like an animated version of El Topo, with katanas.

Wonder Woman.

I make it basically Wondeisha. It doesn't matter how hacky it looks like, if it's fun people will like it and read it.

KANGZ

>Invincible

Bulletproof and Mark somehow swap powers. Mark retires with Eve and his daughter while the book's A-plot follows Bulletproof deciding to team up with The Immortal to try and take down Rex with his new-found powers.

>The guy that killed Uncle Ben

Nothing really has to change. Well, except for the color of a mugger, and Spidey's origin is now racist.

>minority group
Ok, Superman. Goes up against three Doomsdays at the same time, dies. Much like how Steel was inspired by the death of Superman back in the 90's, a bunch of B or C-lister minority heroes join together as a team to replace the power gap left by the loss of Superman. They don't bother trying to push their personal feelings or opinions on the group, since they are fighting against something bigger than them and they know it. They aren't the best heroes, or the strongest, or even well liked by other heroes, but they still go out and sacrifice themselves to try and protect the world from threats far out of their league. They are the Supers. It's not a happy comic, but more of a comic about people with some power getting stomped on by people with more power than them, and people seeing their friends die. About people throwing away their lives on the behalf of a society that dislikes them, all due to their faith in the idea of Superman.

There, done and done. It'd be like X-Men back in the glory days.

That's basically Nubia.

Valkyrie is already black

>each member of the team either has or emulates one of Superman's powers, but with reduced effectivity or with a heavy cost to the user (without venturing into edginess)
I can dig it

Spiderman.
We already have miles, so just get him out if bendis's hands, or create a spidermen book since it feels like he has had 0 interaction with peter since he became a part of 616. Also give his book an arc about him realising and comimg to terms with everyone around him being the people he remembers plus different. Bad guy being mysterio so he can make miles freak out thinking that the ultimate universe is still there making him have a mental breakdown.

Deadpool already has a minority group. His name is Muerte. Or if I can't use that, Ill go with one of the North Koreans trying to emulate him.

>Batman

Didn't Stan Lee already do that once?

I suppose he can just be future Mexican. it does nothing to his origin or anything, he's just latino.

Make her Bisexual.

Lobo

Well he already is a minority since he's the last of his race.

So I think I'm good

>Bueno Excellente
Oh this isn't good.

captcha: charco rape

Mary Marvel...
I'll replace her for an asian qt, she's pretty much a magical girl warrior so there'd be no difference

>Larfleeze
Well he is a fucking alien?
So make him female, I guess.

Inuit Wolverine

>Lizard boobs

>ywn belong to FemLarfleeze

Now he's a gay rapist too.

>She'll never drag you from your home planet and add you to her growing horde

Already asian.

You can still make them LGBTQIAPLODSH+

But... But Hellboy IS a minority

Well actually, Asians are a global majority, so you could make them white.

>Blacktain America
Hell no. I walk away. I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good American hero by making him some filthy fucking nigger.

By not stating that he has a canonical skin color ever.

>Superman
Shit. The "another Kryptonian Survivor" trope is old as shit. Uh...

I guess someone stands for his values while copying his powers. Just make him different enough to justify giving him a spin-off when Kal comes back.

And don't make the race a big deal. I'm really sick of people doing that. This isn't the fuckin' 1920s.

You're funny. Go back to your rat's nest and don't come out 'till the end of the world. That or a nuclear explosion.

>Usagi Yojimbo
>A Japanese man
I literally cannot

>Batman

An arc where he dies and Ra's Al Ghul or Bane takes up the mantle. Or maybe Talia or Renee Montoya in a heavily armored suit to avoid a drastic change in appearance.

>Spider-Man
Easy. Some shit angriest up Peter's radioactive blood whenever he uses his powers. To avoid being cooked alive he has to limit himself to no more than an hour of shit a day. Meanwhile Norman is cooking up some dank voodoo shit that threatens more than just the world.

So Peter revives the Spider Society, and recruits Jessica Drew, Anya, Miles, Julia Carpenter, and some native Australian backpacker can be the new Steel Spider

I write the whole thing just a JoJo fanfiction and empathise diversity kids' professional and character growth under Peter's tuteledge.

To really make waves, have Peter die the third act by willfully suffering nuclear meltdown by pushing his powers for too long fighting off some kinda ultra goblin demon in a sequence shamelessly ripping off Godzilla vs Destoyah

Spider-man. I would kill him off in an alternate universe and replace him with a black kid. Then I'd have a multiverse spanning crossover where he ends up in the 616 universe.

>Captain America
Near future. Mexican American freestyle wrestler goes to the Olympics and gets blown the fuck up by terrorists and crippled.

The government offers him the chance to become a member of a multi-ethnicity Captain America project that they cooked up as Steve is too old and in the eyes of the public outdated.

Young and enraged about how a random act of anger destroyed his chances at the dream he had since he was a little boy he takes the offer and goes on a media and government backed rampage of asskicking, at first treating the legacy of Captain America as a weapon before slowly learning from Steve Rodgers about how to not only be a hero but fundamentally a good man. Also it would heavily shit on people who don't like Rodgers as Captain America because he's Aryan as fuck.

>Young Justice

Set in the near future, they're all like 23-26ish now and are all sort of down on their luck, miserable about being replaced and all becoming forgotten cannon fodder, Tim's become jaded towards Batman for forgetting about him and not looking for him after his 'death', decides to finally quit being a hero completely, gets a job as some sort of detective/forensic out of Gotham where he's relatively content despite being an insomniac and still feeling the slight need to go back to being a vigilante. Conner just shows up one day and they haven't seen each other in years, Tim feels extremely guilty over leaving Kon and never keeping contact, Kon's moved back to Hawaii and is being a hero there, Kon comes to him since he needs his help figuring out some mysterious shit going on there and Tim pretty much says "fuck it, why not, one last mission" and heads off with him, they end up in some weird ancient temple, ooga booga oh no it's cursed with ancient Hawaiian tiki magic which Tim didn't get the jump on because he's a little rusty, they end up trapped in one of those rooms where the walls close in and Kon can't do shit because magic so they're both going to fucking die and Tim starts apologising for being a horrible friend and for putting them both in this situation and realises how much Kon means to him, heat of the moment thing happens and Kon kisses Tim, and uh, in that second Bart saves them because convenient reasons and they all chill in Hawaii together for a while and reform Young Justice, Tim either quits his job or just leads a double life and gets relocated because he wants to keep being a hero and wants to be there for Kon and make up for lost time, goes edgy and becomes Red X instead of Red Robin because that's too tied to Batman and that's that.

Deadpool's already bisexual though. Just actually show him being bi without it being something that could be written off as a joke.

>The Mighty Monarch
WE
WUZ
KANGZ
AND
LEPIDOPTERA

She's already a minority. Do i make her white or i do i make her south asian/ a lower minorty group?

>Donald Duck
... i don't know man

>Think of Superman
>Make him Chinese
>Get New Super-man
>Make him Black
>Get Super President
>Make him female
>Get Power Girl
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

They already are?

Farook Qalea, a secular lebanese arab millitary officer and veteran of the lebanese civil war was having a picnic in the park with his family when suicide bombers from Fatwah Al Islam murder his family.

Now with nothing to live for but vengance, he wages a one man war against anyone who would hurt kill innocents.

There's already black punisher, from england, and girl punisher or 3.

You guys might like an image book called Dynamo 5. It had a similar premise with the kids of a superman stand in. They each get one of his powers, and have to form a team after he's found dead.

Are ducks minorities

I think they are

.... I fucking love this

>America Chavez

Hmmm. This is a tough one.

I think I'd make her a Trump supporter, because they're technically a minority.

EZ

Man, it's already been done. Several times, probably.

>Black Krazy Kat

So not much of a difference really

That's sort of covered already.
Jessica's undoubtedly American, but of some kind of Hispanic descent.
And Kyle is half Mexican on his dad's side.

>Starman
I mean, Johns already did that.

Already happened. Does anyone if it was any good

>Alfred
Alfred's got to deal with some shit. Maybe it's doctor's orders, maybe he's got to deal with some family shit back in England.
So he calls in his daughter to run shit while he can't.
Also, while he's in England, we get a one or two page backup of Knight and Squire.

Job is already done for me, just have the body not reject his head.

>Mania
But she's barely been around that long and hasn't been in that many things! Okay I guess I could make her a lesbian, because who wouldn't like a lesbian symbiote? I could make her a brown girl too. I have fanart of Andi and Flash saved in which Andi has that kind of skin tone and it honestly doesn't look that bad. I'll reply to this post with it.

Here's the fanart with the brown Andi I was talking about.

>Squirrel Girl
uuh
make her Filipino

from the thumbnail I thought Andi had lost her right leg below the knee, and it was wrapped up in green bandages

>The Thing
Donald Trump comes to visit Grimm, convinced that from the similar shades of their skin they must be close relatives

Grimm, not liking Trump much (one of his relatives went to Trump University and was scammed), is displeased by the visit and decides to hide from the tycoon-turned-president.

Grimm goes into the chemical storage room and hides behind a wall of barrels. Trump follows him in. The President knows that Grimm is there but can't see him, and so uses his powers of Build the Wall in reverse to unstack the barrels hiding Grimm.

Grimm high jumps to escape, but is caught mid-leaps by one of Trump's other powers, the Muslim travel ban, for he had some scraps of an islamic terrorist's thobe caught in his back-stones. Those scraps of fabric were enough to activate the power of the ban over muslim travel, and the Thing was crushed out of the sky and down to his knees.

He crashes down into the chemical barrels, which explode open and drown him with blue liquid. After a while the combined efforts of Trump and the other FF pull him out.

The Thing has changed! His rocky scales are now a bright electric blue. Trump decides that there's no way he could be related to this miserable creature and departs.

Over the next few weeks, the Thing comes to discover that he has lost quite a bit of hand-eye-coordination. his reaction time has slowed. And it seems to be just a littler harder to read people based on their body language and tone of voice. It's hard to tell in his rocky face, but he could swear his brows are smaller, his eyes slantier, and his nose flatter. But he has gained an immense proficiency in playing the piano and violin. And his math skills are now even greater!

As Grimm works through his changes, he comes to the startling realization... that he is no longer The Thing. He is now... THE KOREANTHING!

this is the worst thing I've ever read

Samurai Jack
YOO WADDUP SENSEI,
HERE COMES DA SAAMMOOOOORAAAIIIII

no no, Thing is the worst Thing. KoreanThing is the best Thing!

JACK'S FROM FRISCO

Make him a black lab.

>two swords, son
>TWO FUCKING SWORDS
>shank two niggas at once
>shank one nigga twice

Swedish Lüc Cage.

So instead of Lorenzo Music we get Morgan Freeman?

>Solomon Grundy
Have a flashback to his gangster days and he's just a black guy now. It's never mentioned again.

I would watch the shit out of a Samurai Jack like gunslinger series.

Tintin is black reminds me of Filmoire enough.
Tintin in a wheelchair might be fun.
Tintin the woman would be about the same as normal tintin.

>Spider-man

Now he's Jewish. Done.