Amazon Lord of The Rings

Anyone else concerned they are going to fuck this up?
I'm a big fan of Tolkien's work (and I don't just mean The Hobbit & LotR).
I'm talking about Beren and LĂșthien and Children of Hurin.

There is so much great stuff here, and I just have this sour feeling they are going to ruin it all. Yes, The Hobbit was not good, but The Fellowship and Two Towers were fine film adaptations from the novels.

My question is, does Amazon know what they are doing? Or should I just expect the worst?

>Anyone else concerned they are going to fuck this up?

no

No user were not worried and definitely never posted any thread about it

>Anyone else concerned they are going to fuck this up?

No. I have absolutely no concern about some shitty not-Netflix series. They can make their gay shit and it will in no way affect my enjoyment of The Lord of the Rings.

we already discussed this ad nauseum, you fucking reddit shit

Well, Amazon has claimed they're working with the Estate and they're being super careful

At the same time, Chris retired right after finally getting the money out of New Line Cinema and the inking on this deal. It's... hard to say if he was just tired, or if it's a message

I expect Amazon to do with middle earth what Marvel did to their cinematic universe, in terms of casting.

After the Hobbit, I have no hope for quality Middle Earth material on film.

Fuck you?

I don't worry about it because I have the books and that's all I want.

I have zero interest in watching any of the movies or video games, or whatever they're coming out with now. They are undoubtedly going to fuck it up because nobody in the film industry are capable of understanding Tolkien's work. They can't look at it through a Catholic horizon so all they see are action sequences which have no soul.

There were "some" good parts to The Hobbit.
But as a whole, yes it was not as good as the LotR trilogy.

>They are undoubtedly going to fuck it up because nobody in the film industry are capable of understanding Tolkien's work. They can't look at it through a Catholic horizon
Do you think Jackson managed to capture some of this in the LotRs trilogy. I'm thinking back on those scenes with Peregrin Took and Gandalf.

After seeing the Hobbit movies I think those elements in made it into the LOTR movies in spite of Jackson.

I think The Hobbit happened because Jackson was older, tired, just there for the paycheck, and the executives were meddling more than they ever did with LOTR

It was clear the only ones who had any passion were the actors, and they were not happy in every instance we saw them. There's a reason Bilbo gives the finger to every behind the scenes camera he see's

I would have been a year ago.
Then I saw their adaptation of a Tick, which I thought would probably be terrible, since the Tick's humour is hard to get down, and they ended up making the best Tick adaptation to date.

Like, I don't think it will be great, but honestly out of all the possible makers, I trust them the most because they're 1 for 1 so far in surprising me.
I'll probably be proven wrong, but god damn I deserve to be optimistic sometimes!

This.

I don't care anymore though, we'll always have the books.

>It was clear the only ones who had any passion were the actors
Ehhhh.

I'd say the only people who had real passion were the people we never see, same with the original trilogy.
Sure, the actors did a good job, but I don't think it can measure up to the amount of work put into the sets, the costumes, the make up and everything. That's where I think the real love was in the movies.

Are Amazon re-editing the book and erasing your memories of reading it?

Fucking grow up.

Calm the fuck down sperger

I'm afraid they might give Galadriel sandals.

Isn't Amazon also responsible for The Man in the High Castle? If they can go that route, I don't think they'll mess Lord of the Rings up as badly as Disney would if they got their hands on it.

I'd give it a go...if the first 4 episodes suck, then I'm out. Simple.