Questionable Sup Forumsntent General #896

"oh look, forced drama again" edition

it's gonna be another "robot rights" 3 strip arc before they kiss and make up, isn't it?

>inviolved

Still at it, eh?

Yeah, it's contrived. Ostensibly it'll lead somewhere though.

Eh, Dora cosigning a loan does have her significantly involved on paper. It might be a dick to move to not tell a partner but yea forced drama

Bubbles isn't being bitchy because of the lease thing. It's because her robo-ears heard Faye say "no" when Dora asked if she had a crush on Bubbles, and Bubbles is keen on some meatfucking.

It's weird
Bubbles is being a cunt here
but I still hate Faye and blame her for this

It's clearly taking place in a mirror universe since Dora isn't being a complete cunt

her true modus operandi

>Look at space
>Say it's perfect
>Say you'll get it
>Only thing stopping you is bad credit
>Tell her this
>Fix the issue
>The action you'd have taken originally has been done.
>YOU DIDN'T INVOLVE ME IN THIS! I'M GOING TO HUFF OFF RATHER THAN EXPLAIN THAT AS YOUR PARTNER, I'D LIKE TO BE TOLD ABOUT THESE THINGS BEFORE WE SIGN.

Yeah, it's drama.

Robot or not, Bubbles is still a woman, capable of pulling drama out of thin fucking air for no discernible reason.

It's more that Jeph's writing is bad.
If there was ever any build up to Bubbles having a trust issue with Faye, it wouldn't feel so ham handed and out of nowhere.

Instead of Faye asking Bubbles if they want to go into business together
>Bubbles, we are going into business for ourselves.
>This building is perfect! Let me tell Bubbles to stop looking.
>Don't worry, Bubbles. I'll get the paperwork all in my name so you won't be tied down.
You know. Shit like this that actually establishes Faye as trying to be the owner rather than trying to just make progress with their goal.

Eh, this was telegraphed drama. Bubbles made it clear she wants to be an equal partner in this venture, Faye ignores her, she gets mad. It makes sense.

It even harkens to when Faye punched that robot and immediately decided that Bubbles would leave to go with her. She just assumes Bubbles will follow her decisions, and they do seem like good decisions, but it's nice to be treated like your opinion matters, and it's especially important when you're deciding something big like a business partnership.

Faye basically treats everyone like they'll do what she says.

>Faye sa[id] "no" when Dora asked if she had a crush on Bubbles
Bummer.

I mean, it wasn't so clean-cut as that

>inviolved

Wait, I kind of stopped reading after it looked like Faye wasn't gonna fuck the robot. Are they moving in together somewhere? Is she gonna fuck the robot?

There's a lot of artificial drama being tossed in so that the transition to Fay fucking the robot will seem organic and non-forced, but the end result will be that it's all the more contrived and the drama was just a waste of everybody's time.

Ok I just got caught up and wow, that is reeeeally forced. They already had that "please include me in things" conversation a few strips ago and now they're doing it again? They already agreed that the place is good for their needs and now that they can get it for some fucking reason bubbles is mad she didn't include her on a credit discussion? Why would a robot even give a shit about being a part of that when they probably don't fully understand the concept of having good credit; and why the hell do i care?

Nice

To be fair, Bubbles has a point.

I mean just the other day I was going to buy a car, but I decided to wait until I got home to consult my vacuum first.

Faye looks especially fat in this strip, or at least her ass does.

That was almost a punchline in that last panel.

> I expect to be an equal partner
> Does nothing
> Gets mad when other party does things
Why would they program a murder bot to think like a woman

Tai's a fatty now.

>Robot designed to efficiently end lives no longer allowed to do so physically.

It's emergent behaviour.

Lordy, look at that stomach pudge. Even Dora seems a bit plumper than usual. Is this Jacques trying to virtue signal, or has he just forgotten how to draw his characters again?

>has he just forgotten how to draw his characters again?

Has he ever known?

he's put on more weight and wants to believe he could still pass as a woman if he stopped hesitating and started on hormones

Ironically, being fat causes your body to produce more estrogen. It's part of why fat guys don't climax as fast as thin guys.

>this is kinda overwhelming
Maybe to somebody whose job looks like
>draw shit -> make money

Everyone got fat or "muscle"

Wouldn't it be better to get really skinny before going on hormones then once you've been on them for awhile put on some weight so that it distributes differently?

One day all the female characters will be BBWs or SSBBWs.

Maybe Dora is pregnant!!!
Don't ask me how, the details are not important.

They'd all look like shit except Dora, that woman can triple her size and still look good.

We're talking about people who programmed a murder bot to be capable of PTSD. They're either incompetent or exceptionally cruel.

I'm pretty sure the AIs are kind of "born" out of a digital soup and deposited into a core brain. They aren't really programmed.

And also
>First, you're OBVIOUSLY stayin' with me and Marty.

is fucking the robot the new fuck the tranny?

It's hardly new. If anything the newest is "when will he fuck the autist".

؜ I thought the robot came after the autist

>Is she gonna fuck the robot?

Quit asking this already. If it happens, it happens.

oh, it'll happen some day

>Do not be concerned Faye, I am fully equipped to satisfy your needs.

>But you're a woman!

>Incorrect. I am a robot and thus not limited to your definitions of male and female. I am feminine, yes. And this... Is my feminine POUNDOTRON 9000 ZS MODEL SERVICING DEVICE.

Honestly, Bubbles is right. That's a decision of finances, that's a massive decision. With a co signer that means they have to live up to the cosigners expectations, and the cosigner has say in the going ons. Not exactly Ideal.

But wasn't it Bubbles that told Faye to talk to Dora?
Why would bubbles get upset when Faye returns with a resolution, when she was sent there for that exact purpose.

I would assume because she agreed to the deal without going over it with bubbles. The big question is, why wasn't bubbles present at the talk? Seems like something she would want to be at just in case of shit like this.

Could be bulking.

I'm not sure what's worse.

That Bubbles is apparently a bitch or that Faye didn't even like text her.

At least I use adblock on the website so I'm not giving him anything.

Why do you still read this

It's just one of those things where you work with someone so long that you assume what they would want.
Dora offers them an easy way to get the garage they wanted.
Faye obviously assumed Bubbles would have wanted it as well, it's not like Bubbles told her "Do not make any Faustian bargains or co-sign arrangements without me"

It is understandable for Bubbles to get upset. But if this doesn't blow over in one panel then it will be inane. If it does, then it will be a lot of build up with no payoff.

It's JJ, though, he's gonna fuck it up. Or he'll cut back to Brun and forget about these two for a week