This is the Fastest Man Alive

This is the Fastest Man Alive
Say something nice to him!

Best Flash.

You always be THE Flash to me.

The new costume pays homage to both his time as kid flash and his time as The Flash. As a result, it is the most unique Flash costume ever barring Jay Garrick.

i thought barry was the fastest man alive

You don't look like the picture...

I like you Wally you're fun, but your fans suck.

The camera adds more fur, he looks differently in other media

I enjoy your gay moments with Barry, keep that up senpai

Walter West color scheme too, very clever

The Camera adds a few inches

Your children would be proud of you if you remembered that they once existed

That's a "thing" not a "man".

I'll read a book he's in when Booth isn't drawing it

He's someone I would go out with.
He has fabulous red hair.
And nice ass, hips and thighs.
And he's husbando material.
And I liked his character development, which was a rare between cape comics.

Barry's better.

Who ??

Don't worry. I'm sure it happens to a lot of guys.

At what?

A version of Irey should still exist on the Kingdom Come Earth at least

his stories were decent enough to be appropriated by barry

>Take hero who's greatest feat is the legacy aspect
>I know lets just condense all of the flashes into one and call him Barry!

Selling comics, starring in popular media, and being a character anyone but 30 year old basement dwellers prefer.

Universe was better without him. His return has done nothing but make things stupid and confusing and we've gotten a total of 0 good comics to show for his return.

The silver looks nice on him.

Barry's better, though.

Oh, so appealing to normies.
Too bad he will always have the worst stories of the 3 and is slower than Wally and Bart.
But MUH SELLS.

>0 good comics
Titans is the only good comic staring a Flash character.
>Confusing
Only if you just started reading comics.

>That one Barry autist that comes into every thread involving Wally to shitpost.

Don't respond to anti-Wallyfag bait. They're upset that we're happy.

I assume it is just baiting. No one can actually Barry the most Bland of Flashes unless they watch the show and that's it.

Or if they've been reading comics for the last 6 years.

Barry being dead hasn't been a thing for awhile. He's been the star of the comics for ages and, yeah, the TV show obviously bumped his popularity.

Six years? More like nine, he came back in Final Crisis, not Flashpoint.

Happy with your once a month shit tier team book, ok.

I'll be happy with Barry's double shipped top selling title, JL status, and massively important crossover. You can keep Titans.

Usually, there is also a Wally fag who doesn't stop complaining about being in a, for him, irrelevant team book with awful art. I genuinelly think he's a fan, but I wish he could take things easy. I wonder where is he.

>Best selling monthly
I am happy desu

April 2009 was when Rebirth started, which was basically the actual return of Barry to comics proper (and when they shitcanned Wally). 2009-2016 when Wally came back so 7 years now, I guess.

Anyone who likes Barry would also like Wally given how important they are to each other. It's just shitposting.

You can't blame anyone for not liking Booth on art.

Titans at best is a mediocre book even if you gloss over the bad art. It's admittedly not some return to form for Wally.

That's not true. A lot of Barry fans didn't even know Wally existed since they're New 52 readers. Why would they give a shit about some idiot who showed up and started also calling himself The Flash?

I didn't nean to blame, really. Just stating his opinion, which isn't exactly the same I have. I don't dislike his art, bur he's awful at layering compo and should change the way he wants his art colored, imho.

I feel like that one's fake. And possibly the same as that guy who pretends to be a Wally fan but thinks he needs a new codename other than the Flash.

Then they're not really Barry fans

People reading new 52 would have watched JLU (even though DCAU Wally doesn't really hit right to me tbqh) or something else first and known Wally. Don't be silly here.

And just to be clear: I like Titans. It's way better tha JL, for example.

I wonder how much of Booth's issues would be solved in an editor forced him to use actual symmetrical, rectangular paneling instead of the vomit inducing sideways shit he's always doing on top of getting a new colorist.

I swear his art's been passable with a different colorist before.

He's just got 2 or 3 too many bad 90s habits and it spoils what is otherwise could be respectable pencils.

Abnett's trash, though. Dude hasn't made a book below a C- since Lanning.

If someone who's been reading The Flash for 6 years isn't a fan then what is? Were you not a fan if you just picked up the 6 years of Waid's first Flash run? Where's the cutoff?

JLU's a bit old, man. The thing stopped airing 5 years before the New 52. Even still that was mostly "The Flash" and "Flash." It was Wally West like 3 times. Pretty easy to gloss over/forget after a decade.

JL's more about prestige than being good. Shit hasn't actually been legitimately good since, jeez, Joe Kelly?

Like the best we've gotten since then is maybe Throne of Atlantis and that quality didn't persist.

I can accept flight, lazer eyes, elemental powers, even flat out magic. But speedsters break the laws of physics so hard it's like they never existed in the first place.

moving at that speed would liquefy any person you touch, there is no carrying them to safety. Not to mention the energy released if they hit something. they are shown to move at incalculable speeds and the energy released if their toe hits a rock would destroy the solar system

Unless its not really speed, but time manipulation. that makes more sense

Time manipulation wouldn't be functionally different from speed. Speed is literally a function of time.

People who read comics are old. Anyone buying new 52 as their first books would still be in their mid teens. They would have grown up watching JLU.

1. The speed force negates those things you're talking about.

2. The speed force is actually the momentum of storytelling itself.

I agree about the writting: I don't tjonk it's trash. The issues with supes, the first issue, and the annual were nice readings. But it could be better.
A bad team book that is more relevant. But a bad one, that is what I meant.

I'm sleepy anons, I'm out. Barelly can type.

Slowing down time doesn't let you run up walls

They are metanarrative heroes, that's why they are pivotal in every event and can cross universes and doing crazy stuff. At least to my understanding, the have been a mix of that and some kind of movement electromagnetic elementals for a while.

But you're not happy. That is literally the point of these threads. You're still angry Barry is the flash. You people notch constantly about really being black and supplanting the other wally in other media.

Yes it would. The reason they can run up walls is they propel themselves fast enough to ignore gravity and the lack of friction. If you're manipulating time such that you are covering the same distance in what is a relatively faster time then you're just going faster. That's how speed works.

Not caring about dead characters shouldn't matter to flash fans

Slowing down time has the literal same effect as running faster. You'd just be moving faster relative to everything, which is how being faster works.

more or less correct

lol

Meant to say wally being black and bitching instead of notch.

Who wouldn't be mad about their favorite hero getting turned into whatever new 52 Wally was?

I mean that was pretty fucking bad. Can you imagine them pulling that shit with Batman or Superman? Or even Barry? Obviously not.

Stop telling us how we're suppose to feel just to validate your hatred for people who like Wally.

I'm not telling you anything, I'm pointing out the obvious so you stop hiding as if it isn't plain to see. This entire thread is built for it.

The cutoff point is actually knowing important parts of the character's history.

Wally is not important to Barry's character history. As shown in the New 52, Barry functions perfectly fine without Wally.

It's not the same the other way around, of course.

Basically, to you, people aren't fans unless they've read specifically the comic books you like instead of the ones they like. Wally's just not necessary.

I think Wally fans respect Barry more than like him, really. Until Flash Renirth happened, Barry was like the Jonathan Joestar of DC where he's likable and doesn't really have anything going against him, and he did start a lot of the concepts for his series, but the stuff people are really interested in and the leading character people really care about comes after his death, while his villains ended up with a more enduring fanbase. Barry hate probably comes from a feeling that The Flash, a series all about moving forward, regressed by bringing back someone who died two decades ago.

Except you are. And if you hate seeing people gush over a character you have an irrational hateboner for, then leave.

He first returned in Let There Be Lightning which is what, part 1 or 2 of Final Crisis.

But yeah, eight or nine years it doesn't really matter.

if you didn't start with Baon's run your a pleb

whos the fastest not alive man?

furfag go fast and stay go.

Uh... CW's Hunter Solomon. He gets SPEEDFORCED, and ends up a mangled corps.

>This same faggot in every Wally thread every time there is a Wally thread
Your autism is strong user. Besides no one suggests Wally should replace Barry though Barry needs to get replaced by another flash because the entire point of the character is that he passes on the name.

Life must be suffering being the only Barryfag on Sup Forums

>I have only been reading nu52 flash
Then you have only been reading bad issues. I don't know how you could consider yourself a fan with only meh tier arcs
Actually read the good shit faggot.

>Wally is not important for Barry
Yes he is. He makes Barry an interesting character because it turns Barry into a mentor and Father figure. Before that he was boring as shit. Barry needs Wally more than Wally needs Barry at this point. That is why they created Black Wally so Barry would have someone.

>Thanks for wearing such a skin-tight costume that shows off every possible muscle, curve, and bulge imaginable.

Even he disagrees.

This. When even Barry admits that Wally surpassed him how can the underage Barry fanboys disagree?

He's a slut

You deserve so much better than a shitty D-list book.

Wally doesn't exist without Barry.

Barry had plenty of great comics without a sidekick.

Wally didn't have any comics without being derivative of Barry.

>Besides no one suggests Wally should replace Barry

Lots of people suggest that. Tons of people say Barry should have never come back and should die again and blah blah. Begging DC to shoot themselves in the foot by getting rid of their second best selling hero.

>Wally doesn't exist without Barry
By that logic Barry doesn't exist without Jay stupid.
>Wally didn't have any comics without being derivative of Barry.
Yes he did. See the Human Race for example which is one of the best flash stories ever written.
Ignorant numale 52 faggot.

>Second best selling hero
The Flash is the 2nd best selling hero. It's the hero, not the person playing him who matters.
But yeah, Barry should leave, not because Wally is better (though it doesn't make sense why Barry would still be the main flash now that Wally is back who is objectively faster and more experienced) but bringing Barry back is a step back. The Flash name should have gone to a new character, not Barry Allen.

>By that logic Barry doesn't exist without Jay stupid.

No, narratively. Barry right now exists without Jay. Jay isn't tied to current Barry's origin anymore.

>Yes he did. See the Human Race for example which is one of the best flash stories ever written.
Ignorant numale 52 faggot.

I don't think you get what I mean. Wally doesn't become The Flash without Barry. Barry's too important to his character arc. His entire existence can't happen without a Barry Allen of some sort.

Barry Allen just shirked a name and is otherwise a unique character. Wally's derivative.

>The Flash is the 2nd best selling hero. It's the hero, not the person playing him who matters.

Uh huh. Then how come The Flash didn't EVER IN HISTORY sell this well under Wally? And if you're going to say it's the TV show then the fucking TV show is about BARRY. People care about Barry, not Wally. If they did care about Wally Titans wouldn't be a mediocre titles saleswise.

They basically gave Wally a book to see who much selling power his name has. Turns out it's not much. Even after letting him keep The Flash name.

Waid's book almost constantly sold 70k, what the fuck even are you talking about?

What? No it didn't. Where are you getting those numbers?

Barry might be faster but he's something that Barry isn't HE'S CUTE. WALLY IS CUTE! CUUUUUUUUUTE

Wally can't be cute. He's a slut.

>Barry right now
So they retconned it. That doesn't matter faggot, he wouldn't exist without Jay.
>Wally's Derivative
Kek, no. The writers purposely made Barry more like Wally after his return. You don't know a thing about what you are talking about. I knew the only Barry fanboys were Barry fanboys because they don't read comics.

>same Barryfag shits up another Wally thread

>So they retconned it. That doesn't matter faggot, he wouldn't exist without Jay.

Barry's connection to Jay was only ever a very trite reference to give them both the same name. Jay didn't mentor Barry, he didn't raise Barry, he didn't even have an effect in Barry's culmination into superheroics. Barry was a bona fide hero long before he ever met Jay.

Wally was literally created to give Barry a sidekick. Wally's entire life is living up to Barry and learning from him. Part of what made Wally's stories good was how he was connected to Barry.

Losing Wally in the New 52 history did remove the teacher aspect of Barry but it's not like he dissolved as a character without that. It's not like he wouldn't exist if you just struck Wally from history -- because that's what even happened!

Barry doesn't need Wally like Wally needs Barry. You might not get stories like The Return of Barry Allen with Barry, but you also don't get a convoluted, ridiculous backstory loaded with shit you have to explain to anyone who wants to actually read the comics.

You don't have to make a fucking Flash biography to fill in new readers to Barry's deal like you did Wally (look it up, called The Life Story of The Flash). With Barry you just drop in his origin lickity split and bam, you got an iconic hero.

I don't think Wally's garbage or anything. I just think Barry's clearly better and The Flash comic has benefited from his return to prominence.

>Why is a comic with a relaunch selling better than a comic that wasn't under a relaunch
You are so stupid it's pathetic. Either way sells don't mean anything when Barry was such a boring character they had to make him act like Wally just so people would like him.
Barry is slower and a more boring character.
You are the exact same Barry fag in every thread that gets BTFO and it's pathetic.

>A reference
He named himself after Jay because he was a huge fan of Jay growing up. That is why his name is the flash and why he acts the way he does. Read the comics casual.
>Wally's entire life is living up to Barry
Up until he surpassed him 20 years ago. Even then that doesn't stop Wally from being the better character and it doesn't change the fact that Wally influenced Barry more than Barry influenced wally. On top of that you can have a Wally comic without Barry but you can't have a Barry comic without Wally any more because Barry needs that dynamic to stay interesting.

Yeah man tell me about those sick Baron Wally sales.

Jesus it's not like Wally didn't get in on the ground floor of a reboot, too, you dumb fuck.

Barry isn't slower. They're both as fast as they need to be. Wally got bitchsmacked by Mammoth in the last Titans issue, clearly he's not as OP and super unstoppable like Wallyfags like to think.

If you think Barry's more boring then more power to you, you're in the distinct minority. Most people care WAY more about Barry and think his nerdy scientist superhero with a dead mom thing is way more interesting than Wally's troubled home legacy character bullshit.

Barry literally named himself after Jay

>He named himself after Jay because he was a huge fan of Jay growing up. That is why his name is the flash and why he acts the way he does. Read the comics casual.

Yes, a trite reference. It's not that important. It's so not that important that it's not even canon anymore and it had absolutely no effect on Barry or the comic's quality. That's how unimportant it is.

>Up until he surpassed him 20 years ago. Even then that doesn't stop Wally from being the better character and it doesn't change the fact that Wally influenced Barry more than Barry influenced wally. On top of that you can have a Wally comic without Barry but you can't have a Barry comic without Wally any more because Barry needs that dynamic to stay interesting.

Wally influenced Barry more? What kind of mental gymnastics are you jumping through? Wally took Barry's costume and his entire villain's list. Wally's most consistent nemeses are The Rogues and Kadabra -- BARRY'S villains!

Wally defines himself by Barry. We never got a Barry comic arc about how important Wally is to who Barry is as a person. We got like 5 of those with Wally.

Wally had to prove himself to make the title his. Why? Because he had to catch up to be more like Barry.

Not anymore. Barry came up with the name himself in his new origin. Because being named after Jay isn't that important to Barry's character.

Explain to me how you do a Wally West origin without Barry. Please. I'm waiting. Because no only can you do a Barry origin without Wally or Jay, it's his CURRENT origin which works just fine.

That Linda seems like a cool character. I bet she'll be really cute with Barry's dick vibrating in her ass

That was infuriating in the show. If Johns had any input in that he needs to be punished because that's just awful.