In all seriousness, can it be saved?

In all seriousness, can it be saved?

No it's literally the same as WWE only worse because Ike has 30 years on Vince

No, because Marvel isnt willing to change

This.

But their problems generally are not unfixable.

Once they have a purge and start over. Its time Marvel had a real crisis.

DC did it, Marvel should if the want to.

The MCU or the company as a whole?

Marvel Studios is doing fine.

It's everything else that needs saving

MCU isn't made by Marvel Comics. If OP meant Marvel Studios he would have posted their logo. It's not the same company.

As long as pic provided and Axel are there. NO.

But Marvel hasn't made their XFL yet, have they?

Marvel was bad long before they came in.

Get rid of him

Get good editors
Do that
Do something that filters out the crap

Step 1) Kick Perlmutter
Step 2) Get some decent editorial in there
Step 3) Have more of a story direction and more self contained issues.
Step 4) BRING BACK CONTINUITY! Reference stuff that has happened before! Bring back other characters!
Step 5) GET GOOD CONSOLE GAMES AGAIN!

>Get good console games again

It seems they are trying to do that again with the upcoming spider man game and their game deal with Square Enix

>Step 1) Kick Perlmutter
And Brevoort. And Alonso.
Say what you will about Quesada, it wasn't that bad under him.

Has anything been announced with the Spider-Man one? I feel like we just got the trailer.

I also hope we get some game that encapsulates all of Marvel. Just bring all of it together.

They need to stop shitting on Fantastic Four just because "muh film rights"

You forgot Amanat.

You can't, it's rotten to the core, you gotta pull the sjw out of it FROM ITS ROOTS. They made the mother of all omelets for the past 5 years or so, and they have been fretting all of the eggs.
They must give the boot to the incompetent un-males, the dumb-ass libtards and the terrible writters. We had enough of this shit comics that get sell terribly and get cancelled, we need actual writters again. Fuck diversity, fuck feminism, fuck White hate, fuck minority acceptance, FUCK ALL OF IT. This is about super héroes, we have to go back, we need to make this piece of shit Company great again.

SERIOUSLY, EVERY FUCKING ISSUE I HAVE READ SO FAR IN 2017 HAS HAD SOME KIND OF PLOTLINE ABOUT FEMINISM AND DIVERSITY AND RACISM WHY CANT IT BE LIKE IT USED TO BE WHY MUST THEY APPEAL TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T EVEN BY THEIR COMIC BOOKS FUCK YOU MARVEL I HAVE INVESTED SO MUCH TIME AND MONEY IN YOU, WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME LIKE SO?

It's pretty astonishing that One More Day was so reviled that Quesada has been forever remembered for it, yet Alonso has done mistake after mistake and his name is nowhere near as infamous.

Yes, obviously you fucking retard

Marlel is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

who the fuck cares about the F4

Ike's not the core of the actual problem so much as he's a background problem they can benefit from losing.

The core of the issue is the writing and editing staff.

The Marvel Universe just isn't the same without them.

Yes, she's the worst one by far. Axel's given her free reign since MUH MS MARVEL and she has fucked everything else up.

I thought the problem was just a bunch of old white guys who were out of touch. This is much worse than I thought.

You mean the FF, casual?

Why do you think that artist was allowed by editorial to slip those Islamic references into the last X-Men issue. She's 3rd down in the chain of command of editors. I quarantine she read that issue and knew what's Colossus' shirt was referencing and didn't say anything about it.

You're going to have to show me.

It's everything really. Even stuff not directly related to this shit, like the collections department.

Look in the goddam catalog.

It's the world's greatest comic magazine

Where the fuck have you been.

To be honest, did anyone know this shit? I didn't know what 1414 meant either until that Shia LeBouf thing.

Out of touch white guys are much better at entertainment that people give them credit for.

Me? I've been trying to avoid modern Marvel books.

not the ones at Marvel

I'm pretty sure that New Universe would be considered Marvel's XFL

That or U-Decide (i.e. what brought us Marville)

Those are "in touch" white guys.

This.

My 2 cents:

Marvel needs a serious reboot. I hate reboots and I loathed the DC52 but Marvel has done so much damage to the brand over the last 10 years, IMO, that there's nothing they can do but reboot.

As someone who's read comics since the late 70's, I know some will hate this idea but Marvel needs to really embrace the MCU fans and make a new MU that resembles the MCU more. Marvel Comics won't last unless they can bring in new readers, something that they've failed to do for years, and when you have a billion dollar movie at the box office there's no reason to not embrace this exposure. DC did embrace the extra exposure in the 60's with Batman and even the late 80's with the Tim movies and it resulted in lots of new readers which eventually became regulars. They made slight changes to characters to make them more like their Hollywood counterparts and it worked to help bring in new readers. If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.

It really makes no sense that a brand with the kind of exposure Marvel gets nowadays can't sell comics where the characters originated.

Ultimate U.

You should be able to find it on google

Basically in X-Men Gold the artist slipped anti-jewish Quran verse into the background, a reference to a hardline Indonesian Islamic group as well as having a store labelled Jewellery half behind Kitty Pryde, so the word Jew is right next to her head

Not a conspiracy theory, he straight up admitted it on facebook

Why do you guys care about marvel so much? Why not try reading from smaller publishers and manga/french comics? I don't get why people read the same comics about the same characters over and over again. They die and then they come back. It's become a meme. It's like always going to burger king or mcdonalds when you can go to 5 guys

Ultimate U lasted far longer than the XFL and actually made Marvel money...

Jeff Loeb writing Ultimates 3 was the Fingerpoke of Doom however

I've mostly ditched Marvel at this point but some of the characters are too near and dear for me to drop completely and some ideas are pretty good Ultimates is the only team based ongoing I care anything about and I refuse to ditch Spidey
The rest of Marvel on the other hand is hot garbage and seems to be doing their damnedest to alienate their diehard fanbase by replacing beloved characters with diversity hires for no other reason then to meet a quota

>They need to stop shitting on Fantastic Four just because "muh film rights"
You spelled X-Men wrong

Did you read Uncanny Avengers? Other than the one awkward post-trump-victory comic and a couple awkward lines from Rogue it's been pretty fun.

The fucking reboot should've been after Secret War. All of those Alex Ross covers referenced all these alternate universe versions and obscure characters, that were nowhere to be found after the event ended.

They should've kept all the prime A-listers and threw in several of the obscure universe characters for the new Marvel. But instead they replaced all the prime A-listers with shit SJW circlejerk fodder and the few alternate universe characters (Weirdworld and Squadron Supreme) were dumped after a few issues.

Because as shit as Marvel is it's still better than the indie shit.

>>Indie book
>>All dialogue is swearing
>>Brings up every sexual thing as if it's ground breaking.
>>GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE

No thanks. Indie is pretty much just taking off the sane restraints and you get garbage.

a serious reboot wouldnt work right now, they need to build up the current continuity and then do a reboot, otherwise, it would be meaningless

you can still look towards mangas that appeal to a wider variety

Thing is, would a reboot be too little too late? What if Infinity Wars really changes the MCU? Asgard destroyed, Cap and Iron Man dead, new lineup of heroes. Then what? It would make a reboot look behind.

They need to stop shitting on everyone because they hired racist misandrist hetero-phobic leftists who are attempting to appeal to millennials while claim to represent diversity while they are clearly pushing an agenda

And the worst part isn't that they cry racist when people call them on their bullshit or blame DC because their comics don't sell or take potshots at the longtime readers, no the worst part is that they are hacks who are putting out halfassed stories with little to no editorial oversite and saying that you are in the wrong for not lapping up the dogshit they just put on your plate

>manga

I agree with this. Marvel needs a full on reboot.

> If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.

The problem with this is not really in the current books though. If you just go on Amazon or something and search Iron Man comics you'll get stuff with Tony Stark. The problem is that people don't think to do even this much with Marvel books in significant numbers despite enjoying the movies. That's more of a marketing issue.

I think that the Ultimate Universe proved that wouldn't work but I hope I'm wrong
If Marvel managed to cut out the cancerous elements of their staff that are slowly but surely killing their company I wouldn't mind a HARD Reboot
Not everything back to zero but maybe back to one and a half, something like
>All the old heroes are back in their own costumes and ongoings
>FF are back and Franklin is around as a 4th or 5th grader
>Peter is in his Senior year of College and engaged to MJ
>The X-men and Brotherhood are down to their core Iconic members so you don't have a billion f them running around
>Avengers are the classic line up plus some MCU characters
>Fury is in charge of SHIELD
>Town down the Mutant hate just a tad to make it a little more realistic
>Town down marvels citizens in general because they are such ungrateful shits it is ridiculous

and I'm out anybody else have any ideas for a reboot

Reboot. I don't even care at this point.

But clean house with all the garbage writers and their agendas. Otherwise we'd just have the same shit, different universe.

>tfw Ultimate Marvel was so promising in the beginning
Why did it all have to go to shit?

> If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.
They did this with Avengers Assemble.

It didn't sell. Marvel SHOULD be selling batman/star wars numbers for a lot more of their books, but a reboot wont change anything.

It got me back into comics, but the seeds of its downfall were there from the beginning. Too many asshole characters.

>odinson
This bothers me more than anything else.

If they suddenly realize that most of the people who praise their comics do not buy their comics, yes.

Also a hard reboot is vital.

Also, post reboot they need to get comfortable with doing things outside of main continuity. Rori Williams as a future Iron Man similar to DC's Batman Beyond could be fun. Civil War but outside of continuity like Injustice or Marvel Zombies so there are actual stakes could be cool.

Marvel keeps writing shit that gets headlines and hashtags and forgetting they actually have to deal with it forever.

Because comic creators are hacks and without the shackles of a strong status quo there is no protecting the narrative from them

>Town down marvels citizens in general because they are such ungrateful shits it is ridiculous

Then it wouldn't be Marvel. I don't NEED another DC Universe. I kind of like the citizenry of the Marvel Universe being assholes.

Would anyone ever blame Joker if he lived in the Marvel Universe?

>Civil War

I actually thought Civil War was going to get rid of a bunch of dead weight at Marvel. Like fucking who-cares Iron Man (before the movies no one gave half a shit about Iron Man) was leading the registration team, and Hank "wife beating" Pym was on his side, and they hired supervillains.

So surely they were going to lose and a bunch of them would die while others become villains and Cap would be victorious.

How fucking wrong I was. Civil War was literally the beginning of the end for Marvel creatively.

You don't need to give Quicksilver his own museum you just need to tone down the shittyness of the average citizen

Back in the JLA/Avengers crossover the JLA saw how shit the marvel citizens were and assumed that it was because the heroes were jerks that only fought each other all the time and when the Avengers saw how the DC universe treated their heroes they assumed the only way the man on the street could like a heroe was if they were tyrannical despots that forced them to
You need them to be somewhere in the middle of DC and Marvel in terms of disposition

>the JLA saw how shit the marvel citizens were and assumed that it was because the heroes were jerks that only fought each other all the time

and they were right

>10 weeks of PAID maternity leave in Saudi Arabia. Yes PAID. And ur worrying about women driving. Put us to shame.

Actually, I'm more worried about the behind the scene faggoty and incest.

Kek fucking kek user

nah, kick him out so we can get some DC Marvel crossovers running again.

>Civil War was literally the beginning of the end for Marvel creatively.

Was Civil War the start of the "we should be super political" stuff? It's been a while but it was the earliest recent political thing I can remember them doing. Even if they were a couple years late with it iirc.

And Wacker too.

truly they'll never learn

Pretty sure Quicksilver stole that newspaper.

Yeah I was going to say that, lol

Marvel already tried doing a reboot before and it turned out awful.

No amount of rebooting will help if the writers and editors are shit.

Here is the JLA reaction btw

No

Have you read the current talks from Marvel? This isn't DC where the apologized and brought back what people wanted, they blame their fans for not liking what the put out.

Even if people enjoy some of their comics I have no idea how they could give them money with how Marvel treat them

>I thought the problem was just a bunch of old white guys who were out of touch

Usually the "white" people who cause problems are Jews. But I'm not allowed to say that am I?

Little part 2 of this reaction with Superman ranting.

I'm going to say what I always say: get rid of Bendis, seriously, almost everything that everyone hates right now can be tracked back to him, or a majority of it can.

>Star-Lord's current characterization as well as the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy
>the O5 X-Men
>Bobby Drake being gay
>Miles being in 616
>Civil War 2, all of it.
>both Ironman titles
>fucking Riri

If this fucking fat cunt didn't write so many fucking titles and was at least quarantined to a single titl then other writers would have had a chance to stop some of these shitty things from happening and snowballing into the shitfeist that we have today.

They're the heart and soul of Marvel if you cant do them right don't bother. And even with the "Nobody cares LOL" they sold better than 80% of what Marvel puts out now

It's out of touch old white guys hiring authors/artists who they think will write/draw whatever the youth of today want. It's both.

Of course Batman goes out of his way to beat up the Punisher. That actually makes me smile.

Protestant white women are a source of pure evil, and the authors of virtually every moral panic ever, user.

Yeah Cap and Supes were being influenced by the guys orchestrating the whole fiasco to hate each other's universe so this would go down easier
They admit later how they actually feel

Prichard said on his podcast that the XFL netted a small profit by the time everything was sold.

>Like fucking who-cares Iron Man (before the movies no one gave half a shit about Iron Man) was leading the registration team, and Hank "wife beating" Pym was on his side,

t. casual

I'm with you.
But that is just the first step a full Purge and quarantine is needed.

Could it be saved? Yes. Will it be saved? Probably not since that would require a sense of self awareness and ability to admit that Marvel has been acting like a giant ass for the past couple of years.

Slott can go with him, but he doesn't get to write for ASM any longer.

that's what Secret Wars was supposed to be. If they didn't it then, they won't ever.

>New Jersey Hitmen
>Orlando Rage
>Las Vegas Outlaws
>Memphis Maniax
>San Francisco Demons
>Los Angeles Xtreme
Jesus