Embarrassing disaster or secret kino?

Embarrassing disaster or secret kino?

Kino for sure

Perfectly watchable on its own. Pretty much a disaster as far as an adaption goes.

"You're next" and "guest" were good flicks
Than Blair witch...death note...I guess this director is washed up

He's in charge of Godzilla vs Kong movie

I liked it
Haven't seen Death Note since I was fourteen or something so I didn't really care about accuracy to the source material. Looking at some of the scathing reviews it seems like everyone that disliked it was a but hurt faggot with no real argument

Pretty bad. Granted, it finds some interesting ways to be bad but overall it's just a poorly written, rushed story.

Close to the beginning Turner gets the Death Note. How? Because it literally falls from the sky in front of him. That's when I realized just what level of storytelling I'm dealing with here.

>source material on unwarranted pedestal

Why even call it Death Note, were they retarded?

This. Nothing like the show but pretty cool regardless.

stop shilling your twitter

>Close to the beginning Turner gets the Death Note. How? Because it literally falls from the sky in front of him. That's when I realized just what level of storytelling I'm dealing with here.
Well that's what happened in the original, the big difference is that before Ryuk comes looking for who picked it up Light has already killed hundreds of people, he also doesn't scream like a bitch when he sees Ryuk for the first time.

Only good things were Willem dafriend/foe and surprisingly WE WUZ L was ok

Is the Japanese live version better?

>american adaptation
No need to say anything else.

>and surprisingly WE WUZ L was ok
I don't think anyone would've redeemed how poorly written he was.
American version has better CG I guess, the japanese version is closer to the manga but it makes some changes that improve on it in some ways.
Still a goofy movie about death gods magic killing books and barefoot albino autists.

>oh man I'm such an edgy frosted tips outcast, if only a magic book could make me cool and give me a girlfriend!
I wonder what audience this was written for

Masterful editing on that slip up

Reddit would catch Light in five days

Secret kino, but only if you can disregard how it treats the source material. Great cinematography and soundtrack throughout but an absolute disgrace to the (good first half) of the anime/manga.

at 0:16 is there a reason to push that guy's face in the soup?

L is an asshole.

i lasted about 5 minutes, the cringy bullying scene made me quit, it was like dragonball evolution all over again

>why can't americans write a movie depicting highschool without being involved with bullies?

something something the 80s

Have to agree with this. The cinematography and sound design are great, but unfortunately the only redeeming aspects of this movie.

It is honestly an insult to the source material and a lot of the plot, structure, and dialogue seems like it was written by someone high on nitrous trying to adopt and revitalize countless tropes from other films to sort of give this a foothold in modern cinema. In actuality the film is GARBAGE.

Honestly my wife and I really liked it but neither of us watch anime because we are functioning adults and both had sex in high school.

I haven't seen any complaints about it that were actually about the film itself and not just about how it's different from the anime.

The interesting part of the story isn't the background of the book or whatever it's what the characters do with it once it's in their possession. No reason at all not to rush to that point.

Had to strike while the 13 Reasons Why iron was hot.

And your wife's son, where does he stand on this?

My son is too young to watch a movie like this.