Carol Danvers... Sex, Drugs, and Lost Opportunity

Look, the bottom line is what Made Carol Danvers Sell, Hell any comic book character, is that she possessed what my college Econ. teacher called "Sex, Drugs, and Rock N Roll; and I don't mean laying on their back I mean having an actual personality.

For example:
Former Carol-
Sex- She was a physically attractive person whose allure not only distracted the villain but also caught the attention of the predominantly male comic reader.

Drugs- With her demon in a bottle, readers could gain some sort of bond to her, especially with those struggling with their own form of addiction.

Rock N Roll- While she was a hard as nails airman, she also had a heart of gold that understood the needs of others and when she did something wrong, she often carried that weight in some way.

The new Carol has lost those traits:
New Carol:
Sex- Now looks like a bulldyke with a shitty haircut that is taking too many sex change pills

Drugs- With her alcoholism simply swept under the rug, the faults she had that attracted readers are gone therefore making her look to immaculate.

Rock N Roll- Her compassion for humanity has now been replaced with a heart darker than a black hole, willing to minority report anyone with a hint of dissent. Combine this with a populace too stupid or too scared to call her out on her bull. it's a recipe for disaster.

>Drugs- With her alcoholism simply swept under the rug, the faults she had that attracted readers are gone therefore making her look to immaculate.

>Rock N Roll- Her compassion for humanity has now been replaced with a heart darker than a black hole, willing to minority report anyone with a hint of dissent. Combine this with a populace too stupid or too scared to call her out on her bull. it's a recipe for disaster.

I feel like generally you're on to something, but these two points contradict each other. It's more that the narrative isn't really diving into this well. Because the descent into this kind of colder personality could be a good story, but they skipped over the character development to turn her into a different person.

>they skipped over the character development to turn her into a different person.
it happened in Reed's Ms. Marvel.

is she a cuck or was it just autism?

She just needs to fuck Spider-Woman already.

Carol was Air Force Intelligence, her being a pilot is a retcon.

Fucking hell, the cringe is just pouring out of that image. This feels like it was written by an awkward teenager with zero self-awareness and a lack of social grace.

And I know they're TRYING to target the Tumblr audience, so maybe that's calculated, but Christ...

>Not liking the hair and look

Kill yourself, entire topic wholly discarded.

not that guy, but there's a difference between "character flaws" and "being an irredeemable monster"

Do you perchance have a problem with feminine looking women?

Long hair is shit, SHIT.

Also
>Complaining about muh not feminine while posting that

Men are attracted to women who are hot messes and old carol was hottest mess around. They raped her character.

and what you're trying to describe it factor, and that was sucked out of her character.

New carol would never have left a skrull to suffocate and die in space. That was so metal I doubt many heroes have a moment like that.

>Roger: Carol, shut up and get the fuck out. I'm gonna fuck your Jessica now.

>New carol would never have left a skrull to suffocate and die in space.
Can't remember what I named the file but she straight punched a skrull's head off in the past year.

True

>not capitalizing Airman
>literally shitting over every grave in Arlington
>did you think you could get away with it you little mudslime bitch

sex

> left a skrull to suffocate and die in space.
don't forget, she didn't leave him. She watched.

I know but these guys confuse the iron dyke they got running around as the same woman that came before and even defend it.

Waifuists are like that.

Just look at this douche.

The mistake number one was liking Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel to begin with.

The guy is a notorious hack who failed at everything he has ever tried and only found a bit of acceptance writing comic books of a D-lister because readers of this kind of material have the lowest possible standards.

>Ablu blouugh sum1 disagree wat a douuch

Vacate your brains, new design is much better, not even them.

We've been waiting 40 years now. Make it happen Marvel.

There's nothing wrong with her being an irredeemable monster. I love Illuminating Comics's version of Carol. The problem is that they are trying to pass her off as a heroine in the comics.

>> 82. MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #3 (MAR) - 28,649 Just Relaunch.

Last volume was 28,469 at #3.

Butters/Fazekas deserved better.

>Butters/Fazekas deserved better.
Agreed user.

I think short haired Carol is hotter but otherwise I agree.
Depends on the artist though. Anka literally draws her as a twink, while Rocafort gives her a fat ass and nice tits.

>what Made Carol Danvers Sell
carol danvers never sold. Until marvel decided to try to make her their main female character nobody cared about her except Claremont.

There are levels and levels of "selling like shit".

Did she sell like shit before the push? Yes. But now she manages to sell even worse.