Disney being afraid of even bring up this movie

>Disney being afraid of even bring up this movie
>not just remaking it today as a period piece but in a more tasteful and nuanced manner where it wouldn’t piss off millions of people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FjCb3-hyb9w
archive.org/details/SongoftheSouth1080pRestoration
youtu.be/uza33915sP0
youtube.com/watch?v=NVR5sFIPbg0
youtu.be/39125OVSatg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dumbo is better

Call me a newfag but what is this?

Only the best Disney movie, brer user.
youtube.com/watch?v=FjCb3-hyb9w

based uncle remus

how can this be seen

This movie isn't racist. Uncle Remus isn't a slave here.

But I can see why they don't release it in the US. Some idiots will make it a racial thing, and Disney doesn't need that for some pocketchange in blu-ray sales.

Can watch it here:
archive.org/details/SongoftheSouth1080pRestoration

>remaking it

But the whole appeal of the movie is the charming hand drawn animation. If they remade, it they would just use shitty CG.

its in the works for a live action remake

I still have my VHS copy

so why is this movie considered racist again? I haven't watched it in years, but all I remember is it's about a nice old black man singing songs and telling kids stories.

Pretty sure they tried that with Birth of a Nation and it was such a flop that no one gave a shit.

lmao
youtu.be/uza33915sP0

Because everybody thinks the happy singing sharecroppers are happy singing slaves.

But Birth of a Nation is a movie glorifying the KKK, as said Song of the South is a sweet children's movie that is only bad because black people being meek and kindly apparently makes them an "Uncle Tom."

>hollywood makes a movie that casts black actors in black roles and does its best to stay true to black culture and history

>the movie is called racist

and people wonder why hollywood only makes white movies

youtube.com/watch?v=NVR5sFIPbg0

>hollywood only makes white movies
(((huh)))?

youtu.be/39125OVSatg

it's not even a good movie. uncle remus + animated segments are the only entertaining aspects.

Woah, nice jam!

>Can watch it here:
>archive.org/details/SongoftheSouth1080pRestoration
Surprised that Disney isn't making a fuss about this release out in the open?

They will now