The Dark Knight
The Incredibles
Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 1
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hellboy 2: the Golden Army
Logan
Megamind

Does Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog count?

Danger Diabolik
The Incredibles
Robocop
Army of Darkness
Darkman
The Terminator
Predator
Unbreakable
The Toxic Avenger

t.15 year old

In what way are half of these movies capekino

Let's see your foreign film arthouse superhero movies then soyboy

Kick-ass

>Arthouse Superhero
Logan and Batman Returns
Can't think of anything else. Maybe in the next 20 years after they figure out how to build characters. It is sad we might never see a Space Cowboy Cyclops film.

>lol ur taste is childish
>but I only have two movies in my top ten, because there aren't many complex dramas in superhero movies for some reason
Maybe the reason most of us like fun schlock superhero movies is because that's what the genre consists of, moron

If it is true that Superhero films will go the way of the Western, then they will have an age where they will be critically reappraise. X-Men has way too many good themes just waiting to be worked on. The only problem of the genre is it shoehorns itself as a superhero film. What t

There aren’t ten that are legitimately good. But here’s my top ones in no order
>Logan
>winter soldier
>iron man
>Batman begins
>dark knight
>X-men first class
>Spider-Man 2
>parts of watchmen
>the incredibles
>dredd

i really liked dr. strange. i dont usually enjoy the marvel movies too much, theyre fun popcorn films but i thought dr. strange was better than most of the other marvel movies.
dunno what it is about the film that i like so much; the effects and whole psychedelic/magic world you learn about is really cool.
i have not seen every marvel film so maybe this isnt relevant, but i noticed that the heroes also actually get hurt. dr. strange was stabbed and got his face fucked up when the other mage was twisting the corridor he was in(that was a really cool scene).

>parts of Watchmen
What angry god foisted Snyder on us?

They've gotten better about actual injuries in MCU. A key complaint I had about DCEU movies, but that's not important here

Reddit, Tumblr or even are more your speed faggot.

>A key complaint I had about DCEU movies
absolutely.
im glad to hear that MCU is better about that now; adds tension that was previously absent in most of the films.
i remember seeing the first avengers movie a long time ago. that part on the big ship thing, after they capture loki, when thor and the hulk are going at it. theyre throwing each other through megatons of metal and beating the shit out of each other but i dont remember seeing even a tiny bruise or even dust or something on the fighters.

Yeah that's fair. I loved Avengers and the Asgardian fight was sort of excusable for being god vs god, but it definitely had a campy feel where nothing bad ever happens. In the most recent ones, Tony gets messed up in a fight, War Machine is crippled (not yet clear if it's permanent), a minor character gets gunned down, and Spider-Man gets pretty beaten up for a high school kid. That's just off the top of my head.

>muh company wars
Comic book movies are for brain dead retards who have no place here, and belong in the company of the other lessers who want to discuss fags in spandex over on the other board. Actual retards mistook Sup Forums shitting on kid toy commercials as an endorsement of these properties and now think it’s appropriate to have 75% of the catalog be live action kids cartoons. if you could manage to take the cock out of your fudge packed ass for two seconds you’d understand this.

Watchmen and Batman v Superman
digits confirm

Imagine being this assblasted about fans enjoying accessible science fiction escapism. Did we trespass in your sekret club? Are we getting in the way of your TLJ ""leaks"", 200+ reply threads about how wide Chloe's shoulders are, and endless whingeing about how no one will ever replicate LOTR? Where exactly do you get this sense of condescension from? Remove yourself swiftly from the premises kiddo

They sure did

>Sci-fi escapism
There has to be a character tailor made for that genre. Superhero characters mostly take from other genres. Batman judging from his time can be horror/noir/mystery/swashbuckler. Captain America and Nick Fury could make a great spy thriller. Supes can do the whole Hercules thing. Hulk has a Jekyll and Hyde movie waiting to be tamed. Rogue/Sabretooth/Cyclops has the whole absent parent scenario.

All of those are either thematic or a genre that can be included in other genres (mystery thrillers work in many contexts). The overarching theme in Marvel comics is a science fiction element; TWS is a spy thriller involving a secret world organization that uses helicarriers, a super soldier who was frozen for 70 years, and a Nazi that uploaded himself to the cloud, if you didn't notice. All of the movies have significant science fiction features if they aren't actually just a space opera (as in four of them and counting)

TWS is sort of a spy thriller until out of nowhere it turned into a normal superhero movie with the 3 carriers. They should have end it with killing Nick Fury's former partner.

kino list desu

all kino

I don't think our points disagree. It's like concentric circles:

Science fiction ( superheroes ( spy thrillers ) ) )

>Dredd
That's like saying robocop is capeshit

>Top Tier
Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight
Batman (1989)
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
X-Men 2
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Logan

>Good Tier
Thor: Ragnarok
Unbreakable
Batman Begins
Batman Returns
X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Iron Man
Constantine
Watchmen
Spider-Man
Blade
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Captain America: Civil War

>Acceptable/Mediocre Tier
Ant-Man
Deadpool
The Dark Knight Rises
Doctor Strange
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Blade II
Hellboy
Hellboy 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Spider-Man: Homecoming
X-Men 3
Wonder Woman

>Bad Tier
Thor: The Dark World
Man of Steel
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman Forever
The Incredible Hulk
Superman Returns
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Blade Trinity
The Punisher
Punisher: war Zone
The Wolverine (2013)
Iron Man 3

>Shit Tier
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Apocalypse
Thor
Green Lantern
Batman & Robin
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Suicide Squad
Fantastic 4
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
F4ntastic (2015)
Elektra
Daredevil
Catwoman

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Unbreakable
Hellboy
Iron Man 1
Man of Steel
Watchmen
Spider-Man 2
X-Men 2
Batman Returns

If I had one more spot, I'd put in Days of Future Past or Logan but I feel like these movies are objectively good movies. As much as I love the original Superman 1 and 2, those are just too campy and ridiculous to be considered for the list (and that says something when Batman Returns is on the list). Feel free to shit on my list though

In no order

Logan
Civil War
Winter Soldier
Ragnarok
GotG
DoFP
X2
Iron Man
Avengers
Doctor Strange

Anybody who puts anything over Spiderman 2 is a flailing retard.

the spirit
spider-man 1-3
iron man 1
winter soldier
x-men 2
hellboy 1-2
ant-man
the punisher (2004)
the incredible hulk (2008)
x-men origins: wolverine

objective kino list

Batman 89
Batman returns
Superman 2
Spiderman 2
The dark knight
Gaurdians of the galaxy
Batman v superman
Man of steel
Watchmen
Batman begins

>full of MCU movies

probably bait but most of those movies are way too generic to even be considered as the best of the genre

>incredible hulk

man, finally someone who is showing some love for that movie

>the spirit

wasn't that movie shit on by literally everyone?

hulk had based tim roth i don't see why more people don't mention it

Spawn
Shadow
Spiderman 2

the movie in itself was the opposite of generic. it had pretty nice special effects for that time, a great getaway story and especially during the first act great set pieces. bruce banner dealing with his anger was also top notch. what a shame that Disney decided to reduce his character to a forgettable quipmaster without any proper characterisation whatsoever in the movies after TIH

Spider-Man 2
Logan
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Man of Steel
Batman Begins
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice extended cut

In no particular order:
1. Darkman
2. Darkman
3. Darkman
4. Darkman
5. Darkman
6. Darkman
7. Darkman
8. Darkman
9. Darkman
10. Darkman

Specifically capeshit, or any comic book adaptations?

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
2. Man of Steel
3. Batman
4. Men In Black
5. Batman V. Superman
6. Dick Tracy

That's all I could come up with.

agreed

i just rewatched the scene where they capture the hulk and it was good, just the fact that the main character is a raging monster under attack by non-villains makes it more interesting than the average cape flick

ruffalo could be alright if he got his own solo movie and it wasn't quipped out

About to watch Logan

is it actually good? I don't like little kids

>what a shame that Disney decided to reduce his character to a forgettable quipmaster without any proper characterisation whatsoever in the movies after
You could say this about literally every MCU character.

hasn't bucky been quip free so far as the winter soldier? might be forgetting something

While he hasn't been quipified yet, you could also argue he's hardly been developed. He was a tagalong in the first Captain America, and essentially a MacGuffin throughout Winter Soldier and Civil War, and then he got put in the freezer.

Not enough legitimately great stuff to form a top 10 without a significant power gap.

>Spider-Man 2
>Batman Begins
>Super
>The Incredibles
>Captain America: The First Avenger

The Incredibles
Man Of Steel
Unbreakable
Watchmen
Batman V Superman
Spider Man 2
Guardians of the memes
Chronicle
Megamind
Logan
they are all objectively a 6 or below, except the incedibles and MOS, maybe

winter soldier was arguably the best movie marvel will ever put out

logan was great, spiderman 2 forever has a place in my heart.

batman begins has major issues and shoehorned ayn randian symbolism but is an otherwise well made film