Is Hal's will so strong that he could use it to bend time? Green Lantern thread

Is Hal's will so strong that he could use it to bend time? Green Lantern thread.

In the silver age and bronze age the ring could time travel pretty casually

I'm guessing nowadays they probably can't time travel on a whim because GLs have gotten weak as fuck

Pretty sure that's basically an oversimplified plot of Zero Hour.

>Green Lantern thread.
How you liking the current books Sup Forums?

You think they'll ever allow a longer lasting Earth Lantern villain?

I mean Scarecrow and Luthor got to have their rings for like 4 hours tops.
Phantom Lantern was taken out in a day.
Dex Starr hasn't hung out on Earth at all. Not even when Red Lanterns took over 2814. So he doesn't really count.

I'm a few months behind but I have enjoyed them.
Think Green Lanterns is doing a great job finally getting readers into Simon and Jessica.
Hal and the GLC is okay. Reads like a Johns run fan just writing fanfiction in a way of them continuing on material they know about but not really adding anything new or more interesting than what has already been done, but it is still fun enough to keep me reading and looking forward to more.

i haven't read anything since johns ended his Green Lantern, so i genuinly would like to know.

That Geoff run was great, so maybe there is another that comes close to it

The best GL has been written in the years since Johns left.

if Hal's will is strong enough, could he turn his ring into another colour?

The arc right after Johns sucks.
Tries to add to the GL lore by making up some emotion well just outside the universe that all the Lanterns have drained dry. The villain from it was pretty okay though, like a mix of Brainiac and Galactus in size and cold questing for knowledge.
After that there's an arc with New Genesis trying to make The Life Equation with a white lantern ring by stealing rings from all corps, causing a big badass battle with New Gods.
Some stuff with Durlans being shapeshifting assholes, some stuff with the GLC randomly dissapearing (which I'm not sure if they explained how) and Sinestro filling the void by making his corps spacecops.

Really past the emotion well arc, everything has been solid. Not Johns run epic solid, but still very readable solid.

He probably can.
Hell that's literally how White Lanterns work. And if Kyle can learn to do it Hal could figure it out ... eventually ... he's a slow learner.

Technically Hal was a white lantern first anyway

Can GL rings even do "anything" anymore?

Nowadays It seems like it's flight, space/life support, shields and Green constructs/energy beams. They don't turn steel into water or any of that silver age nonsense anymore

Because now a days writters aren't creative

Nope

Also anybody sufficiently strong can shatter them easily

I dont have a problem with this

>If Kyle can do it so can Hal

Lol no. It's the other way around.

I disliked most of Venditti's GL run but HJGLC has been better

Honestly? I'm enjoying them both and they are ones of the few book that are actually improving.

Green Lanterns is pretty good.
Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps is... better than new52 Green Lantern was after Johns, but still pretty disappointing. A lot of people seem to really be enjoying it, but the inconsistent characterization and the issues with story pacing are keeping me from liking it very much.

Yeah I've been having the same issues with Hal n Pals

Also I hope they can spin off another book from HJGLC, it's getting cramped and it's really obvious Venditti wants to write Kyle and Guy a lot more than Hal