What did you guys think of Doc Strange? Yes, I didn't like his accent either

What did you guys think of Doc Strange? Yes, I didn't like his accent either.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYDH8754Owc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally I thought it was painfully mediocre, another paint by numbers Marvel flick, and honestly the first Marvel flick I'll probably never even bother watching a second time

It was aight. I actually thought his accent was cool.

It was okayish. Would have been better if he didn't act like Tony Stark and if the training portion of the film was longer.

Accent didn't bother me. Kinda sounded like House so I assumed it was just how English actors end up sounding when their voice is made to do an American accent.

It was basically a magic kung fu movie that had at least 15x the budget of most magic kung fu films of the east. They could have gone a lil bigger in the action though, maybe some other magic besides the reality warping (how bout a few fireballs or pulses of energy like the gandalf fights in the Hobbit movies).

The comedy most held the movie back. Like that moment where Strange puts on the cape and the music is all "THIS IS A BIG MOMENT" it derails it with the cape trying to cuddle his face for a weak lil comedy moment and ruining the scene.

Feels like im rewatching Ironman 1 sometimes.

>it derails it with the cape trying to cuddle his face for a weak lil comedy moment and ruining the scene.
I kinda agree with you, but the cape was actually wiping his tears.

Oh great another MCU bashing thread

When will you guys ever get tired of this?

You're getting defensive awfully fast. I just said I didn't like his voice.

He should have been black. I can't keep taking Marvel seriously with their white superheros.

>Try me, Beyonce!

(You)

He's from Philly right? He should have a Philly accent.

I want Strange and Rhodey to get cheesesteaks together

Strange isn't a super hero, he's a wizrd

Best MCU movie.
I'm ready for Phases 4 & 5 if this is what the new central franchise looks like.

>maybe some other magic besides the reality warping (how bout a few fireballs or pulses of energy like the gandalf fights in the Hobbit movies).
He's only a novice.
SAVE IT FOR THE SEQUEL

it's funny because later he's listening to Beyonce

This movie won't have a fanbase in twenty years like movies like Batman and The Crow do, hell the original Punisher movie which is regarded as possibly the worst Punisher live action iteration will ultimately retain a cult status, which is the sad thin about movies like Dr. Strange....people see them, but they won't last for generations

Mediocre and I love the MCU. Fuck then for taking an amazing character like Doctor Strange and pasting him on an Iron Man template.

I didn't like it either

The effects were inception copycat and literally just cheap rewind effcets
The Portal effects looks so cheap wtf were they thinking?
They manage to make kungfu and magic very lame and Japanese video game can do better than that with less their budget

Almost every time when you think its about to get hype like that hongkong fight they cut it

The villains dormamau, mordo and the blond guy were also very very lame

Never felt sympath for strange nor even care that he learns magic
Because it was so lame and cheap it really was, the Warcraft movie was so much better.

I could go on and on it was such a let. down like antman

So disapointing

I think unlike Dr. Strange though, while being ultimately mediocre as well, Ant-Man had a certain charm that made it feel unique

Even if Ant-Man wasn't anything mind blowing or super interesting, I feel like it did manage to at least feel like it's own movie *enough* to justify it's existence, I feel like Strange was like said

>tfw I love Doctor Strange and Ant-Man but hate Civil War

user the MCU the biggest cashcow in moviedom and a cornerstone of the 2010s pop culture zeitgeist. 'Bashing' it is like setting up a sprinkler in the Sahara, suck it the fuck up and let the malcontents sprinkle away.

The Crow's shit desu

>Fuck then for taking an amazing character like Doctor Strange and pasting him on an Iron Man template.
Blame Ditko. He's the one who wrote the origin.

Yeah ok, talk to me in twenty more years when it's still a cult film and literally nobody remembers this generic popcorn flick shit

I liked it other than the retard at the end.

>hurr durr, don't break the rules because reality MIGHT get fucked

While not breaking the rules would have guaranteed reality getting fucked.

Just another average MCU movie

I think this:
youtube.com/watch?v=OYDH8754Owc

He's the only MCU character other than Thor that actually wears a cape.

>The Eye of Agamatto is an infinity gem
For what purpose?

I agree with most people that the tone / comedy fucked it.

Ditko's Strange is an offshoot of his horror work. The first issue starts on a rainy night with someone pounding on his door at midnight because they're plagued with ghosts. The movie should have been dark and weird and spooky with a black magic tone.

I saw North by Northwest the other week and young Martin Landau struck me as a PERFECT Dr. Strange. It should have been someone mysterious and off putting with great power within hidden by his intensity.

i liked it, but i also like the actor. the only thing that bugged me is how fast he grew,in the movie he admits hes only been training a week and now that hes already saving the world from cataclysmic doom and going toe to toe with master scorcerors (dont know how to spell that)
who have decades or even centuries of magic battle experience. it just ruins my sense of disbelief. At the very least they could of just done a timeskip if they were too lazy to show progression,

I didn't watch it and don't feel compelled to.

And yet here you are posting anyway.

Another one for the filter.

I was excited because I heard that Dr. Strange was going to start before Avengers 1 and have him learn magic over almost a decade before saving the world in a time set after Civil War, but instead they bumped it up to after Civil War and kept going from there which was a huge disappointment.

That said I liked the movie, I would have done for more chanting and casting spells rather than summoning weapons made of energy, but at least they went FULL MAGICAL POWER and not "technology you humans would call magic" like Thor 1 did.

I also liked that Dr. Strange used loopholes and forcing Dormammu to make an oath rather than just beating him up by being stronger. That kind of thing is more inline with magical characters.

Apparently Strange is Feige's personal favorite character and they had big plans for him but they never really came together.

Strange was supposed to replace Stark as the center of the universe when RDJ stepped down but RDJ stuck around and they had problems with getting the Strange movie together and casting. They ended up with Cumberbatch who definitely doesn't have a "new face of the MCU" type schedule open and now they're grooming Laron's Captain Marvel to be the centerpiece instead.

An Infinity Gem is part of the Eye of Agamotto.

Amazing visuals, lack luster story