If Jack gets the opportunity to get back to the past, will he actually take it?

If Jack gets the opportunity to get back to the past, will he actually take it?

I ask this, because doesn't changing the past indirectly "kill" everyone that exists as a result of the Aku timeline, in the sense that he wipes them out of existence completely?

Jack has saved many lives under the Aku timeline, so he obviously cares about them even if they have no place in his ideal timeline.

It seems like a moral dilemma to just walk through a portal, kill Aku, and just wipe everybody in the present out of existence.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?
Will Jack ever be faced with this question?
What would he do?

I took from that ep is that going back to the past, (or even Aku sending him to the future), created a second timeline. The Guardian wouldn't let him through cause even if he did go back and defeated Aku in the past, an alternate version of the futures Aku will still exist.

If that's true, Aku wouldn't bother destroying the time portals.

I don't think Aku actually knows how the time portals work. As far as we know he's never gone through one, and he didn't know that going through one would cause Jack to stop aging.

Clearly Aku has no idea how time portals work.

>, because doesn't changing the past indirectly "kill" everyone that exists

>not having sex is the same as aborting a baby

>>not having sex is the same as aborting a baby
Not a very valid equivalence there, since it doesn't involve time travel.

If you were in that future you could clearly see all these people around you, and the fact that they definately DO exist.

Would you have no moral quandries with completely erasing them, simply because the timeline they are in isn't the "right one"?

>and the fact that they definately DO exist.
but they don't when you go back in time

this means either their timeline never existed or it is an alternate timeline that is not affected by jacks choices and traveling back in time will jump timelines to one where practically he was never thrown into the portal.

If Samurai Jack allows the untold suffering of billions upon billions for the sake of a crippled scotsman and his asian daughter then he's more evil than Aku.

ffs. Aku has been a god for who knows how long, the whole universe might just implode upon itself if he's destroyed.

that's a poorly thought-out analogy.

Precisely.

Maybe you think that is absolutely fine, but I don't.

The subjective nature of whether that is moral or not could make a good plot point, or at least provide a reason for good aligned characters to want to stop Jack from reaching his goal.

One of his few defining traits is doing everything in his power to Ctrl-z the future that is Aku. The people in the future don't mean anything compared to his family and country that he was in line to rule.

I'm pretty sure that this was the original plan for SJ.

I'm also pretty sure Genndy has changed his mind, based on the episodes so far and what I've read.

>The people in the future don't mean anything compared to his family and country that he was in line to rule.
Maybe, but if he said that out loud to himself then maybe he would think twice? It sounds quite selfish, not something Jack usually embraces.

>something never existed therefore you can do evil to it.
no man, it doesn't exist you can't do anything to it.

if it is a two timeline system then the ultimate good route would be to destroy aku in timeline b the future timeline, and to travel to the past to kill aku in time line a

if it is a singular timeline killing aku in the future will have no net positive or negative because that future never existed and the only possible good outcome would be to go back and stop aku before he corrupts the world thus allowing for whoever was going to be born to be born, potentially including all of the people that were in the future timeline and more because there are fewer potential parents being killed.

the scottsman would still be born, he just wouldn't have to deal with aku's evil attempting to destroy him everywhere he goes.

>if it is a two timeline system then the ultimate good route would be to destroy aku in timeline b the future timeline, and to travel to the past to kill aku in time line a
And that is what I meant in . It's the only reasonable explanation for the portal in OP.

It's not murder if they never existed in the first place.

>the scottsman would still be born, he just wouldn't have to deal with aku's evil attempting to destroy him everywhere he goes.

Could you really garauntee that?

The odds of the circumstances that led to the Scottsman's conception being perfectly recreated even when such a catastrophic event is undone are VERY small. And you should know that it needs to be PERFECT, or it really is not the same person. Even with the same parents, there are many other variables.

He would make a new time line where people don't need to be saved and won't live under constant threat though, which seems better than the current one

Also he probably doesn't have the knowledge of timelines and stuff, so he won't ever have to face the issue and would just assume the future he's in now would just convert to the better one he's making

>changing someones life events changes their personality.
this is true, that would mean you're fine with all that evil being done to all those innocent people over the course of how ever long jack was sent into the future the first time +50 years just so the Scotsman is as funny as you remember.

In the end is just better to kill aku in the past, even if that means that those future character stop existing, mostly because their lives at that future are pretty awful, the world they live is pretty awful, and their future is probably gonna be pretty awful.
But if jack kills aku in the past, then the world becomes a pretty good place, where people can have a pretty good future, and they can live peacefully and well.

>It seems like a moral dilemma to just walk through a portal, kill Aku, and just wipe everybody in the present out of existence.

My guess it goes Samurai Jack makes his new companion into an effective leader and rebel to oppose the future Aku.

That, or she helps Jack defeat the future Aku first, and then he goes back in time to defeat the past Aku, which by now should be a whole lot easier task because Aku doesn't have so many places to escape to yet, and not nearly as many minions to command.