Hey WB...

>Hey WB, we were in the neighborhood and heard you might be having some director / writer problems with your DC film universe...

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/movies/justice-league/246346/justice-league-mortal-the-dc-superhero-movie-you-never-saw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you please let me molest this child in peace? Come back later.

>well bye

Daily reminder the writers strike cost us this

denofgeek.com/us/movies/justice-league/246346/justice-league-mortal-the-dc-superhero-movie-you-never-saw

>implying Miller and Morrison want to waste their time with that shit
>implying the world is ready for Morrison

well good news is there's another one that might cost us ALL DC movies

>Morrison's JLA run / Final Crisis with Fury Road quality visuals

It doesn't matter. I don't care. I'm not mad because I don't deserve. We as a people don't deserve it.

tybg

>Alarms are going off all over the world
>the kryptonite glows menacingly in front of him
>alarms are going off all over the world
>he cries in agony and helplessness
>alarms are going off all over
>he can hear them

I don't care in what form I want to see this scene adapted before I die

Fuck off you old shits, we Whedon now
Tranny power

How is Miller not the most in-demand director in Hollywood after the new Mad Max?

That movie was like a meth hit after a decade of plain oatmeal. It won six Oscars and had 4 more noms including for Best Picture and Director

Because it didn't win any relevance oscars, besides he is currently working on a new mad max movie

Isn't he a Warner only guy? He probably just has carte blanche there Eastwood style.

>Miller/Morrison use a trailer to reboot the universe
>WB goes quality>quantity and churns out 1 movie every two years
>Miller directs Morrison scripts until he dies ushering a new era of human prosperity with the transcendence of the universe the two craft on film
Please don't fiddle with my heartstrings so cavalierly, OP. There is no way this would ever happen.

Because it was a bad movie that people only liked because of visuals.

Triggered huh?

That's Fox, user.

I don't think it was bad but it certainly needed more meat on the bone.

>tfw read all of Morrison's DC and Vertigo work and love the DCEU

He talked with Leto for the Joker and it shows.
Also, BvS gives me Final Crisis vibes.

>BvS gives me Final Crisis vibes.
Maybe up to the end of issue 5 because it was about the world getting completely fucked with Superman MIA for most of it. When are we supposed to get issue 6 and 7?

morrison concepts would instantly put off the reddit normalfags who claim to "love comics" yet have never read anything but the most surface-level shit

Give me this shit for a New Gods movie and then a JL sequel. Fucking please.

I will never understand how you people actually think the DCEU is 'comicbook-y' and accurate to the comics.

In time?
JL is moving the dial forward as far as the invasion of Earth portion of FC.

FC was rushed anyway. No rush to get to Darksied.

>I will never understand how you people actually think the DCEU is 'comicbook-y' and accurate to the comics.
I don't think it's trying to be exactly like the comics.
I think it's trying to be its own interesting thing and succeeding.
I do think it feels more like the comics than the fucking babies here pretend though.
MoS feels more like the modern (read: pre rebirth nostalgiawank) comics than, say, Superman Returns did.

Also, Superman is more 'good' than Sup Forums says.

>Also, Superman is more 'good' than Sup Forums says.
Meant to specify DCEU Supes here.

>I think it's trying to be its own interesting thing and succeeding.

You're pretty much alone on this one

Fucking this. It's such a shame, since Miller is growing older, now would be the perfect time for a proper New Gods movie, but it'd probably never happen.

>I think it's trying to be its own interesting thing and succeeding.
I disagree.

>MoS feels more like the modern (read: pre rebirth nostalgiawank) comics than, say, Superman Returns did.
Feels more like Earth One to me and that wasn't a particularly good Superman story.

He'd be a perfect fit for the DCU then.

Nah, i'm part of a small minority, but i'm not alone.

le burn

I think the biggest difference between my opinion on MoS and a lot of other people's is that I don't interpret Jonathan's words the strange way some people seem too.

They were ready for Morrison when the Matrix came out.

>He talked with Leto for the Joker and it shows.
okay the only thing Leto (or the writers) got close to Morrison's Joker is the way he dresses
sometimes

But the Matrix was dumbed down from the original script.

I disagree.
Leto brought a bit of casual insanity that I thought reflected this thing he said about his character that clearly came from Morrison- "The Joker may be much older than he seems."

if that were the case, we'd had a netflix/hbo Invisibles series already

>He talked with Leto for the Joker and it shows

Lol they talked for like 5 minutes on the phone

>“He [Leto] called me to talk about his approach to the character and I steered him in a few directions,” explained Morrison, who penned one of the Joker’s most memorable tales — “Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.” “I’m keen to see if anything other than slicked back hair and the Marilyn Manson vibe made it into his performance.”

Morrison was as disappointed as any of us based on that last part.

>as any of us
I wasn't disappointed though.
I can't put into words exactly what to call what you just did with the way you phrased your post, maybe "speaking past your target" but it's really obnoxious.

We get that you dickride Snyder and the DCCU. That's fine, but the delusion comes in when you pretend like you're not in the VAST minority because those movies are a fucking laughing stock.

Yeah yeah yeah, that's irrelevant. You were being rude when I hadn't been rude to you.

Kill yourself

no u

>I will never understand how you people actually think the DCEU is 'comicbook-y' and accurate to the comics.

How can you not? We literally have Flash coming back from a bad timeline to prevent it, and Batman actively working to be in the better timeline.

We have Darkseid infecting who realities so hard that Batman dreams about it.

We have fucking Orion references and foreshadowing out the ass (a Morrison favorite).
And, unlike other Superhero movies that are pale imitations of actual comic arcs/stories, the DCEU is following in the tradition of comic books. People are telling new stories that incorporate images/ideas/themes from past ones, just like comic writers do. The movies are being built as if they actually exist in one cohesive universe too (Batman arresting/saving Harley and Joker, WW and Batman already existing and having histories, etc.), another thing it emulates from the comics very well in my opinion.

>VAST minority

idk about that

At this point I'm just assuming this all bait

>vies that are pale imitations of actual comic arcs/stories, the DCEU is following in the tradition of comic books.
THIS
Thank you mate, you articulated it better than I could have/tried to.

why?

>if he doesnt agree with me, its bait

grow up

Stop shitposting and trying to start fights. Or switch up your posting style because you're obvious.

>he takes an online poll seriously

>Morrison was dissapointed
>because I was disappointed
You gonna need a source for that nigger before you talk shit

see
He's just some underage phoneposter.

What the fuck does one internet poll prove? What is a reputable objective way that you gauge the success of a movie?

Financial? Civil War grossed 25% more than BvS despite having the same budget.

Critical? Civil War has a RT score of 90% while BvS has 27%

Audience reaction? Civil War has an RT audience score of 89% and an IMDB score of 7.9, BvS has an RT audience score of 63% and an IMDB score of 6.7

>RT
When the greatest filmmaker to ever live gets scores like this, you realize that the auteurs are smarter than the critics.

Yeah and online polls had Hillary Clinton taking every single swing state and blue state, she didn't even need the swing states to win, and Trump top EVERY SWING STATE and turned two blue states red.

Online polls are bullshit.

I voted Trump in the primary, but go back to Sup Forums.

Just fuck off with this complete nonsense Sup Forums

I voted for Hillary, dog. I ain't pushing a Trump agenda I'm just saying that opinion polls are shit.

see
AT LEAST don't make it so obvious that it's still you.

>Leto brought a bit of casual insanity
in his glorious 5 minutes of screentime? he sure did

?
Where did I make reference to time?

>Leto brought a bit of casual insanity

In what way? He's just a gangster who cares about tattoos and jewelry and strippers and grills and fast cars. He's just a materialist like any other criminal, what i Morrison about that?

>foreshadowing out the ass
this is some bullshit level of criticism I've never seen before
what, we now need foreshadowing for foreshadowing?

They way he's almost sexual with the prison guard is very Morrisonish risque.

>criticism
He's not criticizing, he's praising. A foreign concept to you i'm sure.

That's it? That four seconds of the movie? What about the entire foundation of the character and the motivation for everything he does being completely antithetical to Morrison's Joker?

>That's it? That four seconds of the movie?
No, I told you, the way he acts is casually nuts in an interesting way, not unlike the R.I.P. Joker with a touch more sanity left.

I'm not looking to fight or even debate you, as you seem pretty happy with your opinion, as I am with mine, and I don't feel like updating this tab to shitfling with you for the next hour.

>What about the entire foundation of the character and the motivation for everything he does being completely antithetical to Morrison's Joker?
Please. Just like DCEU Supes completely antithetical to comic Supes, right guy?

Goodbye. Say hi to Mark Waid for me.

>Just like DCEU Supes completely antithetical to comic Supes, right guy?

Yes exactly. Repeating the argument and adding a smug sarcastic question mark isn't a counter argument.

If you had an unlimited budget and could get an adaptation of any Morrison work what would it be?

I feel like an adult Animal Man animated miniseries could be amazing. You could do the Coyote Gospel in the style of Chuck Jones and the meta aspect of the whole book could be handled like Jones' Duck Amuck. Then the finale could be done with a live action Morrison and an animated Buddy like Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Flex or ASS. Or Animal Man, and you had a good idea to condense it down to the best parts.

Miller pulling off Mad Max was a complete fluke. Most of his filmography is pretty weak AND he was going to give us Justice League Mortal.

Go ahead, read the script, look at the cast and tell me that would have been good.

That said the DCEU is a total disaster and I might prefer that trainwreck to the complete dogshit Snyder gave us and will continue to give us.

>Most of his filmography is pretty weak
this
>BOTH Happy Feet movies

Wait, I didn't finish your post.
I like the DCEU so far.

An Oscar with with 37 years of success in the industry including 5 other Oscar noms spread out over a period of 23 years is a fluke success?

The Justice League script was fantastic, what was not good about it?

I remember the Brave and the Bold guys wanted to do Coyote Gospel but couldn't figure out how to make it child friendly and include Batman.

>and include Batman
ree

Sup Forums, the Oscars don't hold a lot of weight in Sup Forums, because of the absolutely atrocious way they treat animation.

It was a batman teamup show

It's a lot more comic accurate than the MCU is why some DChads use that defence.

Personally I expect and want them (both MCU and DCEU) to be different from the comics in certain ways provided they stay true to the essence of the characters.

My biggest issue with the MCU however is that it doesn't have the Fantastic Four. I understand this is because of the Fox rights, but the only reason Fox has the rights to the Fantastic Four is because of Marvel crippling itself in the 90s anyway.

Without the Fantastic Four the MCU you always feel incomplete in my humble opinion.

Pic related is the biggest problem with Marvel though.

Disney will make a good someday too, don't worry

> Most of his filmography is pretty weak

>Mad Max films
>Babe Pig In The City
>Witches of Eastwick
>his part of the Twilight Zone movie(the only good part)
>first Happy Feet

The only outright shit one is Happy Feet 2. I haven't seen Lorenzo's Oil.

>>Mad Max films
Second half of the 3rd one is shit.
The first one isn't so great either.

You and Sup Forums

And that whole subreddit that i'm always accused of being from.

Miller owns his own production company and made a fortune on the original Mad Max movies, Babe, and Happy Feet. He only ever has to make the movies he wants to make, hence the Mad Max movie that took fifteen years to make.

He WANTED to make Happy Feet 2?

After the amount of money he made off of Happy Feet 1? You better believe he wanted to make it, that's his MO; kid's films for cash, action films for kicks.

yikes
And you made it sound like he has artistic integrity.

I wouldn't call it integrity, the point is that he has financial independence. He finances all of his movies himself, his deal with Warner Brothers is just for distribution and marketing, so they don't get any say in what he makes or how he makes it.

That movie was shit.

Is it weird that Eisenburg's Lex felt more like the Joker than Leto's Joker?

pffft

He didnt. You are just stupid.

He was literally Lex down to a T minus the layer of suave.

I know it may be weird but people need money

Well he can suck dick in alley like the rest of us.

Not the same guy but I read the JL mortal script. It needed alot of work.
Love some of it though.
I can tell you right now that no one would have like the "fast food turns everyone into robots" twist. But everyone would of really dug the superman vs wonder woman fight id say.