UK telly

Christmas is coming up lads, have you planned out what you're going to be watching over the Christmas period, what with all the Christmas specials and that?

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/news/tv/vic-bob-return-one-off-big-night-christmas-2168809
youtube.com/watch?v=OfU0a-b6Iqs
xhamster.com/videos/naked-jungle-game-show-1234182
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, a bunch of great shit I selected myself that isn't being broadcast on the dying medium, television. Same as every year.

Don't even know what's airing for christmas

i don't watch tv

I will of course be settling down for the glorious return of Mrs Brown's Boys, can't wait!

this

british telly has been shit for years

>i don't watch tv
While posting on a board called Sup Forums

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

The usual package, People will die on Eastenders as is the rule, then there's Doctor Who, Call the Midwife, Mrs. Brown. French and Saunders have a new special, then there's Not Going Out and Upstart Crow. And that's just the BBC.

Honestly, the only good thing I'm looking forward to is the new series of The League of Gentlemen which will be kino.

>no new episodes of still game

Didn't they do a new series this year?

Been filmed but not out until next year

Oh I'm confused, last series aired in 2016, next one apparently out in 2018.
Still, happy it's back regardless, I love that show and the hiatus was so long I didn't think they'd ever do more.

>the new series of The League of Gentlemen

mother of fuck I'd forgotten all about this.

Really excited about that. A new series of Inside No. 9 is starting in January as well. British comedy has stagnated but at least these guys are back to bring solid entertainment.

What's on? Jurassic World is all I know about it (and it isn't that good).

The only thin I ever try and watch is the snowman. Absolute fucking kino.

I can't watch that because I always cry at the end, because my family laughs at me when I try to sing walking in the air in a high pitched voice and I die inside.

If your Christmas TV doesn't include the following, your taste is shit.

>Jolly Boys Outing
>Christmassy Ted
>Knowing Me, Knowing Yule
>No Way Out (Porridge)
>A Perfect Christmas (Steptoe & Son)

>Christmas specials of That '70s Show
>Bo' Selecta Christmas specials
>yankball on Crimbo eve morning

Love this time of year. May even drunkenly watch Die Hard while trying to wrap presents on christmas eve night after a few pints with the lads.

I'm going to be rewatching Skins like I always do. Effy is my waifu!

Muppet Christmas Carol, same as every year

try to stifle a tear as my father openly cries at the death of tiny tim

>If your Christmas TV doesn't include the following, your taste is shit.
>Christmassy Ted

Mine used to, but Irish Anons have driven that entire show into the ground for me. They cannot seem to post on Sup Forums without making a reference to Father Ted, like some kind of compulsion.

I tend to rewatch old Christmas specials of programmes I used to love that have now been cancelled.
I also always watch old Grumpy Old Men episodes about Christmas because I enjoy watching old people moan about Christmas and agreeing with them more and more each year about how shit it all is

I can play the theme on the piano ;)

People opening/eating military rations, and funny cat/dog videos on YouTube.

Actual television died around 2002.

>People opening/eating military rations

sounds like you died inside a while ago too

No Wensleydale...

Wallace and Gromit is khristmas kino.

Eastenders as always
I wasn't aware anything else aired at christmas

>then there's Doctor Who
I haven't followed that for years; did they actually go through with the female Doctor, or was it just shitposting?

The Doctor will turn into a female at the end of the Christmas episode

Best Christmas film evar.

Tonight I'm gonna watch a Christmas song show on channel 5

Frasier christmas episode

How will anybody be able to tell the difference?

I guess they scraped through the bottom of the barrel and came out the other side, huh.

I mean Bradley Walsh is going to be a companion so there's that.

But it's still going to be the same spastic writing that barely constitutes sci-fi.

Congrats to /ourgirl/ Toff winning imaceleb

British tv can go back to being dire now.

It was bound to happen eventually, ever since DW came back each time an actor would leave people were shouting about having a female actor play the role.

>But it's still going to be the same spastic writing that barely constitutes sci-fi.
Now that Steven Moffat's retired there's hope for it left. Under a good showrunner and writers it could be good again. The Moffat years were a bit shit and halved the viewing figures by the end.

League of Gentlemen and Taskmaster Champion of Champions are the two I'm looking forward to

Me neither. I'm buying my mum the complete boxset of Monk on DVD and we'll probably end up watching that.

I'm going to lidl soon for some lebkuchen, any recommendations? They have reindeer and ostrich steak too, might give a go.

>tfw bought my dad the OGWT boxset a few years back and spent most of Boxing Day watching it
Comfy as fuck.

>being this b8

Eh, I never thought Moffat's tenure was as bad as RTD shills said.

His replacement is Chibnall, best known for Broadchurch, but there was only one good series of that. He wrote some shitty Torchwoods too

League of Gentlemen
Alan Partridge documentary
Vic & Bob's Big Night Out
Taskmaster Champions of Champions

>Vic & Bob's Big Night Out
Oh fuck me, I can't believe I'm just now hearing of this

nme.com/news/tv/vic-bob-return-one-off-big-night-christmas-2168809

-Doctor Who (BBC)
-Back to the Future trilogy (C4)
-Rugrats trilogy (C4)
-Scrooged (C4)
-Vic and Bob
-Victoria (ITV)

No Brooker Wipe this year sadly

Celebrity Juice christmas special

There's been a few Christmas episodes of things like Steptoe and The Two Ronnies on Yesterday (the channel). I know they're a bit dated but I've recorded them 'cos there's no way I'm watching shite like Mrs Browns boys.

Any 'ham lads in?

>No Brooker Wipe this year sadly
If that means he had no time because he was fully concentrated on making the new Black Mirror episodes kino than I can live with that.

Will be watching the cricket won't I

The advert with Stacey Solomon wobbling with her legs in the air, while dressed as a genie, makes my winky feel strange

>watching paki paddle

Alri rasheed

Anyone else watch darts at christmas? Just me?

I already did my LotR marathon so there's not much else to do really.

Have you seen her leaked nudes ?

>implying

Other than the passing references to people who haven't been famous for 40 years, they're not that dated.

I've got tickets for next Monday. Got 4 tickets for Sunday as well but I'm trying to sell those.

They released the schedules for Christmas Day yet, I like to have a moan about how shit they are. Not that it really matters, I can just use Terrarium to stream literally anything I want to watch anyway.

I only found the BBC's schedule for Christmas, but Channel 4 and others only go to about the 22nd of December.

Anyone showing The Great Escape?

But have you done all the commentary marathon?

only people in their 40s watch tv

I don't own one and I don't know anyone my age that does

I used to get the Times Xmas TV guide each year and go through with a highlighter what to watch, what to tape, but I haven't watched TV in over a decade since moving out, so I just watch the same specials and movies I have on DVD/HDD.
>Animated stuff: Snowman, Father Christmas, Granpa, Wallace and Gromit
>Live Action: Good Life, Bottom, League of Gentlemen, Father Ted, Blackadder, Porridge, Steptoe
>Yankshit: Peanuts, Simpsons, Frasier, Cheers, Muppet Christmas Carol, Disney's Very Merry Xmas Songs, It's a Wonderful Life
According to the thread there's a new series of League of Gentlemen I wasn't aware of, so I'll look into that.

Gonna do the ol' "only fools and horses" Christmas marathon again

I have several. 15 odd, one in each room (that's gonna have a TV in, none in the bathrooms, toilets, showeroom or shit).

travel man: ayoade and hamm go to hong kong

and marathoned the appendices?

It's always on at Christmas. Always.

Did the Appendices and one commentary version. Might do a different one in a couple of days.

>flat mates are putting together money to watch american handegg at 3 in the morning

Should I join in?

I own a large tv and have my pc hooked up to it so I can watch films on a big screen from the comfort of my couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse.
Don't tell me people are still using tiny little monitors to watch tv and films?

>flat mates
lol fuck off poorfag

>no Keith Chegwin sticky
>done a sticky for a reddit meme

Nice I'm looking forward to doing all that over christmas. Also listening to the audiobooks at the moment for top cosy

you can get a 4k HDR 43" monitors

>what are projectors
>what are panels

they pay for themselves in 2 years since you are not paying your license fee

That's just a TV. How is a 4K HDR 43 inch monitor any different from a 4K HDR 43 inch TV?

Forgot Wind in The Willows and Moonin.
Absolutely necessary for cold Decembers.

just started The Hollow Crown
what am I in for? Will I pick up the lingo as I go along?

If you get a bully license inspector who gets the police involved and makes you tune your tv

you wont be able to

Jurassic Park and the Harry Potter films are prety standard UK Christmas telly.

why haven't you watched Paddington 2 yet, Brit/tv/?

power consumption, Its 15p a kwh hour now laddo

my kino station is 32" but its 25watts with an 8 watt computer

>I also always watch old Grumpy Old Men episodes about Christmas
Comfykino. I also like watching the first Shooting Stars Christmas special and The Tony Ferrino Phenomenon which I used to have on VHS and would watch every year since I first saw them as a kid.

I'm not joking, she has nude leaks

Any Apprentice man

I'm looking forward to McMafia

youtube.com/watch?v=OfU0a-b6Iqs

We don't have to pay license fees over here.

I don't know what those words mean. How much money exactly would I be saving if I switched to a monitor that does the same thing as my telly?

Nothing like hearing old people moan about having to visit relatives you hate, getting shitty presents, hearing Christmas songs in shops for two months etc. It's extremely comfy.

>We don't have to pay license fees over here.

over where?

Europe. It's part of our tv/internet provider costs which include all existing channels, and not a standard fee like the Brits have to pay. Everyone gets the BBC channels and there's no knocking on the door by the BBC license fee ninjas.
Obviously the BBC still gets money from us, but there's no license fee rule or anything. BBC is standard in every tv package.

>go to a pub for christmas dinner with the family
>go to gf's sisters house to spend evening with them
>go home and watch christmas Eastenders
>play on xbone

Is there a question time kino this week?

Wanna see reactions to soft brexit deal

>>go to a pub for christmas dinner with the family
On the one occasion I was convinced to do the Christmas Day shift at the Inn I used to work at, I spent the whole time wondering "just who are these sad bastards?"

Can you answer that for me at long last?

>Really excited about that.

I look forward to it being pulled after teenagers see Papa Lazarou and blowing up on twitter

>go to watch kino films i've seen 10 times already like home alone
>mum comes in and turns it off
>ITS CHRISTMAS WE SHOULD ALL BE HAVING A GOOD TIME NOT STARING AT THE TV

:( tbqh

What are some movies about more British citizens joining ISIS than the British Military?

>cheggers

xhamster.com/videos/naked-jungle-game-show-1234182