I never really watched this show as a kid but all of the butthurt ttg haters made me want to give it a shot

I never really watched this show as a kid but all of the butthurt ttg haters made me want to give it a shot.
I now understand why everyone despises ttg and loves the original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P--1IGJyDUo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a shitty show, watch Batman TAS instead, or at least Justice League, TT is for Deviantart autists and people who watch Pokemon/Bakugan/Beyblade

I'm just surprised DC Comics never took the new popularity of the New Teen Titans and Dick Grayson they garnered from the show and ran with it. Hell, slap in the rest of the O5 Titans with this quintet since they got fan favorite episodes.

Why didn't DC do that for real? Instead they age Cyborg up and de-age Raven and Beast Boy...

I'm not sure what you're talking about. They had the Titans book and many of them were in Robinson's JL too.

I watched it and I don't get it. It was pretty mediocre and often fairly cringy

Point taken, so maybe more like keep the momentum going is a better way to put it. The aging up/down stuff still seems really out-there for me.

For a show called TEEN Titans, I'm surprised they never did much with the teenager angle. I mean there's no way they're perfectly fine being superheroes 100% of the time. What do they do on their down time?

Ate burgers, and pizzas, and tacos and burritos bro, hahahahaaha

They also had a tie-in comic directly set in the cartoon's universe.

I guess I just don't know what exactly you wanted them to do.

Best thing to come out of GO!

youtube.com/watch?v=P--1IGJyDUo

I don't get why you're only allowed to like one or the other.

Nah. Teen Titans Go is funny and loaded with cool cannon reference. Surprisingly funny.

If you want a genuinely good titans cartoon then watch Young Justice. Close as you'll get.

The fact that TTG goes out of its way to mock people who liked the original and the series itself is a factor.

If it stopped with shit like Return of Slade and stayed its own thing it'd be fine.

I'm sorry but that song was shit

>If you want a genuinely good titans cartoon then watch Young Justice

We all know you're one guy, Draxfag.

Are you fucking retarded? Like half the show was about exactly that - random slice-of-life moments.

Slice of life episodes dedicated to them being superheroes.

Erm, it's their fucking JOB. Of course they're gonna have most of their time related to that in some way.
Plus, their friendships were formed based on their status as superheroes in the first place.

I think Teen Titans as a show is fine but it's majorly overrated.

I do like Ron Perlman as Deathstroke though. I hear his voice when I read Priest's current run.

Deathstroke wasn't in the show. You mean Slade?

Best iteration of Cyborg, Starfire, Terra and Raven.

Okay Dick Grayson, kind of "shonen MC"ish.

Pretty bad Beast Boy as far as giving him depth beyond his sense of humor. Best episode with him was the Doom Patrol one.

Well done Deathstroke for younger audiences.

I will call him what I want. Just for you I'm gonna call him the Terminator or Mr. Wilson.

>I will be as retarded as I want.
FTFY

Really? Not BB's episodes with Terra?

Don't tell me what to do.

>Dick Grayson
Who?

>I mean there's no way they're perfectly fine being superheroes 100% of the time.
...why WOULDN'T they?

"Gee, I'm a teenager with superpowers, should I hang out with other superhumans my own age in a cool private clubhouse with no adult supervision, or should I go to school to learn about trigonometry and the Smoot-Hawley tariff while getting shat on by everyone because they think I have no life because I can't tell them what I'm really doing after school?'

It's a bit of a no brainer.

The show was basically Superfriends as a teenage fantasy.

It mocks it's self just as much as it mocks the old show.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA

Wait, isn't that exactly what Terra decided to do?

>For a show called TEEN Titans, I'm surprised they never did much with the teenager angle

I'm actually really glad for that. When I first saw commercials for the show I assumed it was going to be about stupid stereotypical teenager shit like finding a date to the prom or whatever and I dismissed it.

After giving it a chance and actually watching the show I realized it wasn't like that.

>I assumed it was going to be about stupid stereotypical teenager shit like finding a date to the prom
I mean, there was that one episode...

Well yeah, the difference being that Terra was terrified of her powers because they were difficult to control, and she thought (with good reason) that the Titans would probably hold more of a grudge against her than kids her own age, whom she COULD hang out with now that everyone thought she was dead.

She collapsed a mountain on herself after betraying the only real friends she ever had. Her only options from there were: drop off the grid and live a normal life, or keep living as a meta-human knowing that no hero team will ever take a traitor that nearly murdered several of her teammates.

Yeah, there's that. I just thought the show was going to be dominated by that kind of thing.

That probably came out dumb since I was half-asleep while writing it. Let me try to word that better.

I mean more along the lines of them doing stuff outside of the mask, Anons. They're superheroes, yeah, but they never really did anything with their civilian identities.

Starfire is interested in Earth, for instance, but never tries to blend in beyond being an alien superheroine.

I mean, it's fine if they wanted to just have an action show and all, but I was hoping there would be more than just "Random misadventures as a superhero". Something more narratively driven I guess?

As far the kind of story telling they went with, I kinda liked what the first season was doing in having a pretty good number of episodes tied together, but then it seemed like later seasons just had a starter episode for the plot, another one later on, and then a multi-part ending while everything else was kinda random. Stuff like Robin learning from the True Master went completely ignored later in the show.

I guess what I wanted isn't so much focus on their identities, but some kind of overall character driven thing where they change and develop over the course of the run. By the end, Robin had heard, like, fifty times that he gets too impulsive and hot-headed when dealing with things and there's still a scene in the movie where he seemingly beats one of the villains to death because of that exact same issue.

Then again, CN seems to hate that kind of show due to possible continuity lockout.

Um, the Titans literally carved in a message that read "A TRUE FRIEND". I don't think they hated her nearly as much as you think.
Question is whether she actually saw that, ofc.

T.ttg writers

I understand why people despise TTG but the old TT cartoon was shit as well