APOLOGIZE:

>everyone abandons his vision, believing him a money-grubbing sellout only turning a quick buck
>it is this very betrayal by the fans that leaves the franchise to the mouse, and in turn an eternity of cheap cash-grabs
Is this the greatest pottery of out time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7YkbgvRMpW0
youtu.be/ApZUy11vJWE
youtu.be/CNJ3dc38FA0
nationalreview.com/article/454564/star-wars-last-jedi-unoriginal-tone-deaf-mess
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I legitimately would apologize but I don't know how to reach him

>believing him a money-grubbing sellout only turning a quick buck

Which he was. You can prefer his movies if you want but his intentions were no more pure than Disneys.

This.
>mfw everyone kept saying he was carried on the worth of others
>turns out the prequels were only ruined due to others butting in
I AM SORRY GEORGE. I AM SO SORRY.

>disney has all the money and creative freedom in the world with tons of information from fans who recited for years whats wrong with SW and what could have been done better
>TFA/R1 is the best they could come up with

Eh, his one fault was dialogue, and that’s true even in the originals. Other people fixed the script for him, problem was in the new ones people took control of the creative/plot side (which he’s an expert at) and left him to only fill in the words.

If he had the plot down alone and just let 2-3 writers make dialogue sound natural all three would be just a good as the originals

He undersold himself a lot with SW and just looking at the guy you can see the face of depressing and burn out.

With his new daughter on the way at the time he was at a crossroads either waste another decade on SW or raise your daughter .

George is a master. Not only at film making but at fuck yous.

I'm in awe.

We're sorry George. Please come back.

I will say, at least he put fucking crazy aliens in his space opera instead of different coloured humans.

imagine what the nu trilogy could have been with prequel like visuals 10 years later and george's world building. One thing he nailed with the likes of attack of the clones delving into the back story of the clones. And giving each planet a unique feel.

Will we live to see remakes of the OT and prequels?

Oh god.
We will.

Lucas is perhaps the most daring artist of the 20 AND 21st centuries. He wasn't writing movies when he wrote star wars. the movies were just a tool to write a far better story in real life. Here we are towards it's sorry end.

Why ppl slammed George's writing and nobody said anything about stuff like this this
>We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn the First Order down
>Darkness and the light to meet it
>Do you think that I came to the most unfindable place in the galaxy for no reason at all?
I don't know if these quotes made it into the movie but it's beyond awful writing

George Lucas = Tsar Nicholas II

Disney =Stalin

Star Wars fans = Russian peasants

he sold Star Wars for 4 billion dude.

That's the same amount of money Disney paid for Marvel. Star Wars is worth more than that.

Eps 7-9 could be pure trash and it still would not salvage the piles of dogshit that was Eps 1-3.

sorry

I always thought padme should or been a padawan whos maaster dies and qui gon takes her on. Still being the daughter of royalty but also being force sensitive ( keeps princess leia intact)

Palps wants her since shes naboo where hes from also being the reason why her masters keep dying as a way to turn her etc.. cuts out a lot of politics and enables a better over all story between her and anakin (instead of a hide away mission they could be sent on on missions together requested by palps.

This, I never really hated on him and just bullied him, but it still feels bad now, seeing what the alternative to him actually became

And Disney paid $7,5 billions for PIXAR, Lucasfilm is way more proiftable, it has Star wars, Indiana Jones , ILM and the toy merchandise. I don't how much it should be but it's far more than $4 billions. However, George got half of it in stocks so he already has more than $4 billions now

Putin= future Star Wars fan films that are as good in quality as the OT because it's the future?

>muh female fighters
fuck off retard

padme jedi would be better than padme with a blaster imo

RLM lied about Lucas and the world believed them. Kasdan pushed for midchlorians and light saber joda in the first place. And they had him cowriting the new trilogy

And even more proof that RLM lied their asses off.

I'm sorry, George.

OT fans are the worst people on earth. All you faggots need to die.

Mad that you didnt like movies made for children when you were 30.
Not only are you faggots still in the middle of a nonstop 20 year long temper tantrum about the prequels. You won't allow anybody else to enjoy the prequels, not even little kids that they were made for. Oh nooo, can't have that. You have to come take a big smelly shit in the middle of the room anytime anybody says anything even vaguely complimentary about the prequels. Like a shitty robot programmed to sperg out when somebody mentions episode I-III.
I hate all of you faggots, die slowly and painfully please.

You were right about everything. There are 6 Star Wars movies.

Yours truly,
George

He was in one of the pleb supermarkets not long time ago.

wtf

i need context

try the mall

Ever wonder why they never talk shit about Disney movies? They might not give the best recommendations but they never say the movies are outright bad

Were sorry!

>>Do you think that I came to the most unfindable place in the galaxy for no reason at all?
please tell me Luke didn't say that in the new flick

Yes OTfags must get the rope.
It's the only acceptable revenge for the Mouse Wars they caused.

Nothing stopped him from making more movies in the franchise. He says he had notes and outlines to give to Disney? Why on earth would he think those meant anything at that point? He should've made his movies; It's not like he does not and did not have infinite money.

He sold literally the only thing he could have had unlimited freedom in doing; Star Wars.

Rey, not Luke, if I had to guess. I feel pretty bad, saw this clip yesterday:
>>youtu.be/7YkbgvRMpW0

And realized just how different it is to this;
>>youtu.be/ApZUy11vJWE

Lucas was crazy and off at times, but doubtless he knew what it meant to make an epic, like an actual hero with x1000 faces epic, not “lol guardians of the galaxy is so epic”. Pretty sad desu, we abanadoned a guy with the last bit of faith in good, traditional plots.

This is why you fail

OT fags dindu nuffin

George is still the king. He only really messed up by making Yoda a CGI character instead of keeping the puppet.

youtu.be/CNJ3dc38FA0

>nationalreview.com/article/454564/star-wars-last-jedi-unoriginal-tone-deaf-mess
>puppet yoda better
Haha the fucking mental loops you must go through to justify this in your head. Yoda looks like a puppet and it breaks immersion. CGI Yoda is much much better. Not all of the CGI aged well in the prequels but Yoda did.

I enjoyed the Ewoks cartoon as a kid

Droids was better

Kek

going by the special editions alone, his "vision" was fucking terrible.

What is it about the droids and ewoks artstyle that makes me vaguely nauseous.

Just some swamp gas.

Because they're probably a Disney viral marketing joint.

>77
>Star Wars was released in 1977
Checked
And I wish I could too
I never doubted but I would bear that cross and apologize regardless

I'm don't have to, I liked the prequels but he fucked grievous in the movie

I'm with you, you guys know a way we can send him some letter or something?

Literally no one complained about nu-wars having spinoffs

I never hated the prequels. Sure they're awful at times but they were original and artistic. Didn't even know the consensus was negative until I heard manchildren like Patton Oswalt shit on them.

>77
Officially died 2017

>77
Checking

shouldn't have shat the bed so badly then should he?

something tells me that'll be the least of our problems

>Because she's naboo
You need to work on your lectographical abilities, my frenlon.

The prequels were still stupid and badly written. If George took some outside help he could really craft some great scripts. But yeah, the prequels are better than this soulless cash grabbing by Disney. Fuck Disney.

>creative/plot side (which he’s an expert at)
>Phantom Menace
>makes no fucking sense

What part doesn't make sense to you?

How about not. The only good writing from him was derived from spontaneous changes to the script on set. The original film production was riddled with so many lucky coincidences. He has fun ideas but the man is not a good writer. I would have loved to see the sequels in George's vision, but to pretend the prequels were anything other than cheap popcorn flicks is deceitful. They aren't very good on their own and the manner in which they flow into the original trilogy is unnatural. George knew what he was doing when he handed the reigns over to Disney and deserves no apology.

Don't even try playing dumb, user. The entire movie was tore apart by dozens of people for being bloated and convoluted, and all of you PT fags suspiciously act like it never happened and praise them with your rose-tinted bifuckles.

>repeating that RLM lie
He did exactly that.
See
Kasdan was the clown who suggested fighting joda and midchlorians.
The same kasdan who cowrote episode 7 after Lucas got shit for his braindead input

Bloated? Yes
Convoluted? No. It was rather easy to follow.

>>clone wars was pointless

Dis nigga..

>Lucas was about to create on of the greatest reveals next to Darth Vader.
>The Yoda of the Sith.
>Star War niggers are SO AUTISTIC about a fantasy franchise about space knights that they start flailing at local bystanders and going on lootings/burnings.
>Lucas eventually has to bend himself backwards to these literal children.
>Breaks his dream and original intention.
>The prequels becomes nothing more than a shoehorn fest with characters like Count Dooku and General Grevious to fill in a story that had to be revamped because of absolute autistic screaming and hysteria.

The plot is pretty basic, with just a little help it woulda been great.
>trade feds blockade the planet and prepare to invade it
>Jedi try to stop them, fail
>go to Gungans for help, are denied
>save queen and take her to Coroscaunt to get senatorial aid
>ship damaged in escape, can’t get to coroscaunt
>land on nearby Tatooine to get repairs
>meet kid who they help free from slavery
>get to coroscuant
>try to get help, but ultimately fail and return to Naboo
>Amidala personally goes to Gungans and gets their aid
>manage to fight off trade federation and win the day
It’s straightforward, just cluttered. Certain themes of corruption and refusing aid are pretty neat and have a Roman senate feel, but I think it could do with a little condensing.

Cut podrace, shorten first act, and (if it was paradise) turn gungans into something more interesting, and it’s a damn good film. Biggest problem was third parties intervening to make things kid-friendly and sell them to make cash, which George grudgingly accepted

He is an idiot and a bit of a hack. But he was an idiot hack with passion who wanted to try and do something more. It didn't work, yet in comparison to corporate focus tested star wars i can at least appreciate he attempted something.

>Biggest problem was third parties intervening to make things kid-friendly
I hate this so much. No film has been improved by making it kid-friendly.

It’s been said over and over, but the neatest part about SW, the OG ones, was how it’s a pinnacle heroes journey. I’m an English teacher so I really dig the whole thing, mostly how he uses classic looks, scenes, and archetypes to sell such a unique universe.

It’s like a totally typical plot but he uses that to its advantage

True. Ewoks, which I though were the dumbest shit of all, were cause his scary Wookiee idea wouldn’t sell. Even though it makes more sense than Fukien teddy bears

jar jar is just lucas jerking himself off

>im gonna create the greatest kids character of all time

s-sorry

Literally no one in the history of the earth has taken so much shit simply for making bad movies.

>2017
>Hitler praise is more tolerated than prequel praise

Lucas had big ideas but was too lazy to execute them well in a movie.
Disney has focus tested script, but enough hired guns to make it the most dazzling presentation possible with that script.
in the end, both are shit.

Okay. Things that you'd like in ep 9.
>Kylo stays evil and never gets redeemed. He ends up op and ruling and needs the combined help of several force ghosts to be taken down, Anakin included
with such a vader fanboy he is, it'd be fun

>tfw it's true

Is retired? Or does he still work for Lucasfilm? I'm not sure if anyone ever sent him fan-mail, or if he would ever read it and respond, but if he did he might have an office or something.

>clone wars
Delete this right fucking now.

Hitler and George Lucas are both underrated. They will have their day.

They were shit and it was false advertising as we never got to see Luke, Vader, Han...etc.

The big appeal of Star Wars is the sense of a huge universe with lots of stuff going on. That's one important part the nu-Wars gets wrong: they limit the scope in every way possible, making all main characters relatives of each other, all super weapons death stars etc. Rey will be revealed to be the daughter of Luke or maybe Han, mark my word.

Parroting is a fucking contagious disease. Nobody realizes that they are going against their own nature and opinions to fit in.

But, the way soyboy and I hate the prequels took off. You can see it's in full swing. This is why its important to support the people that lash back against it. They are intentionally alienating themselves to keep a semblance of being true to their self.

>it is necessary that I should die for my people; but my spirit will rise from the grave and the world will know that I was right

what did lucas mean by this?

Congrats on having a huge universe Star Wars. That's not what I wanted as a kid though. And probably not what a lot if other kids wanted either.

Hardcores definately wanted it.
It was a soft spot, we were jealous of Trekkie technobabble

>anyone who doesn't like the prequels is lying to themselves

I blame RLM fags

anyone who says they know what they want is fucking lying. Either to you or themselves.

I for one apologize.

He fucked up big time by going full retard with Jar Jar and the green screen in the prequels, but at least he was good-intentioned with the philosophical and archetypal themes.

Now we have our punishment, as a culture. The trash our society deserves.

Pixar makes Disney far more in merchandising sales.

Reminder to create a reddit account for tomorrow, there's a cooldown on excessive PMs that expires after 24 hours, so MAKE IT NOW.

Pick literally any redditor anywhere and spam that Luke dies at them through PMs, it's unlikely you'll be banned because your messages aren't public

Redditors are constantly checking their inboxes and the PM notification is the same as the reply notification for them, a simple "Luke dies :)" will do fine and they won't be able to avoid seeing it.

Focus in particular on larger subs filled with retards who actually give a shit, such as /r/movies and /r/starwars.

And don't forget to collect the tears and abusive messages and share them here

I have to say that I was talking about Droids and the Ewoks cartoons here.

get a life, loser