Name a better recent Western

Pro tip: You can't.

This flick was fantastic. If you like the genre run don't walk to your nearest interweb kiosk viewing station.

Bone Tomahawk.

This.

Nope. It was good but this was better. Although there was less people being cut in half so....no Lefty was definitely better.

Blackthorne.

I haven't seen The Ballad of Lefty Brown yet, but it does look really good user. I'm glad that independent & smaller studios are making Westerns again. I also want to see pic related, but it's more of a rural survival-horror type of thing with beautiful John Ford tier visuals from what I've been told.

I'm glad Bill Pullman got this opportunity too!

Another good one. Still not better IMO. I was seriously surprised with the cinematography of Lefty Brown. Most recent westerns look more like a tv movie of the week. This flick was beautiful.

Blackthorne was almost great desu.

I like the concept of western + cannibal movie but the last third is pretty awful. The guy getting ripped in half was the only good part.

Yep. Great scenery, great shots, great casting.
So Lefty Brown is actually bettrr you say ? Haven't watched it yet but how so ?

I don't spend a lot of time analyzing my reactions to media. Something either holds my interest or it doesn't. It either leaves memorable impressions or it doesn't. Either I want to watch it again or I don't. Lefty held my interest, Lefty is a memorable character done exceedingly well by Bill Pullman and I'll probably watch it again tomorrow.

Oh and also I felt compelled to spread the word about this film right after I got done watching it. That doesn't happen too often.

>"a better western"
>The Ballad of Lefty Brown
>directed by Jared Moshe
>A24 (Katz & Fenkel)
You don't even need to watch the film to know it's inauthentic garbage for numales, you just need to look at its author instead. What does a 30yo urban feminine-looking Jew funded by other kikes knows about the essence and ethos of the western?

After the spaghetti western, the (kosher) soy western! Thanks OP but I'll stick to Boetticher and Ford.

Why the fuck is Kurt Russell in every single fucking Western now.

Hell or High Water

Because Kurt Russel is awesome

>What does a 30yo urban feminine-looking Jew funded by other kikes knows about the essence and ethos of the western?

Definitely more than an angry NEET if you're sperging out this hard over a movie you haven't even seen

A basic revenge plot isn't exactly rocket science user. It's probably the easiest movie to make that is most often fucked up. This one gets it right with good characters and a few twists and turns that, even if predictable, are satisfying in their execution.

TAOJJBTCRF

That movie was a fucking snooze fest.

is this actually good? people who saw it at Fantastic Fest said it was boring, but those people are also fucking idiots so i dunno what to believe.

AGREED! I can't wait for Star Wars: The Last Jedi either! I got my tickets for midnight prepaid :^)

It's got some cliched elements but the strength of the casts' performance elevates what could have been a very pedestrian story.

fuck off retard

Logan

Came to post this fpbp

anybody watched that show "Godless" on netflix? looks like a lot of stronk women who don't need no man

anyone seen hostiles?

It's not out yet.

It's a fucking flick? Why the fuck would I watch low tier garbage?

Hell or High Water was pretty fucking good

Because you are, in fact, also low tier garbage?

that's just marketing
it's a show about men that happens to take place in a town of women

OH DEAR OP HAS BEEN BTFO
/thread

this movie is soon sub 7 on imdb

I don't know it it's worth a watch desu

I don't think any of the people claiming BT is better have seen Lefty...

Blackthorn and Hell or High Water are the only acceptable answers really.
Recent westerns are mostly garbage

true grit

is this screenshot supposed to argue that movie's case?

Rango

No, it's decoration shithead.

that language isn't very decorative, I don't think you're doing a great job.

And your passive aggressive tone isn't enough to make an argument, what's your point ?

argument? which argument? you're not making any sense man.

top kek good irony. Great content.