Why did they make the dad a lousy pushover and the mom a nagging Jew? Is anyone actually going to watch this?

Why did they make the dad a lousy pushover and the mom a nagging Jew? Is anyone actually going to watch this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjNqLOorulI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the dad a lousy pushover and the mom a nagging Jew?
Its 2017 men dont act like drunk violent rapist from the 1920s to 1950s.
I know "back inna day" everything was roses but the reality was rape and murder were pretty common 50 years ago.

Rape and murder is common today.

It's significantly less common.

Russ Hanneman?

but its not a modern version its literally a remake of the 40s version

I'm guessing the whole fear of the father killing Ralphie is totally gone from this.

I will love seeing reddit and tumblr lose their shit about the all white family appearing in the movie that takes place in the late 40's.

because only gay men do theater

This is about as far from the father's characterization as possible. Why did they decide to go in the opposite direction and make into some goofy happy weirdo?

I thought the humor of the character was that he was a joyless hardass bastard that life shits on. He was the Donald Duck of the family.

>all white family

> Is anyone actually going to watch this
Yes I love when they fuck these things up like Peter Pan

they did a cinderalla one a few years ago

what on earth are you saying

It's not rape when they are married

Notice how the leg lamp is in that promo twice.

REMEMBER THE LAMP? CLAP IF YOU REMEMBER THE LAMP.

I SAW THE LAMP AND I CLAPPED.

Not really

Prove it.

JUST
People wondered could they possible make something worse then the sequel well they did.

The burden of truth is on you.

Actually it's on

so Ralphie's dad was abusive towards his mother in the original right? It's pretty heavily implied if you look closely.

Nothing will top the original with based Darren McGavin

yes after the she broke the lamp he tried to bury her in the backyard.

You are the one who said it was pretty common in the 50s.

he would beat her for touching the thermostat as well

No, where do you get that from?

Big if true

What will they replace Ovaltine with?

1940's men

the bible

Semen

This

Soo...his wife is a beard?

youtube.com/watch?v=fjNqLOorulI
Watch this scene. Notice how his wife and children recoil in fear when he shouts, "Who touched the damper! AGAIN!!!" in between bouts of profanity. The mother tries to change it to cover up her mistake, but she knows she's going to get it later that night.

Why do Jiggers get those neck rolls

the dad is cursing up a storm down there so the kids are in awe and the mom just knows he's reached that point I can see what you mean but I don't think it's implying any abuse

dad bought him the bb gun so he'd shoot his own eye out. it's very subtle.

You never had a dad who tried to fix stuff around the house? Because that's exactly how mine acted whenever our hearing broke and he never hit his wife

She is having more trouble keeping up her human form.

my dad was oldschool like that. he'd flip his shit when things didnt go right, or if a screwdriver was missing or something. he wasnt that abusive, he just got mad easily

So hearing something s broke means beat the shit out of the wife and kids?

Sorry, Heating

yes but did you feel scared or intimidated when he would do that? or was it just "oh there he goes again" *rolls eyes* look at their faces, especially the mother. she is terrified of him. classic sign of abuse.

Soy Milk

Sad!

i mean yeah but not like 'oh shit hes gonna beat us' more of like ' uh oh dad's mad dont be around him until he's done or you'll get yelled at'

ever hang around a mechanic when something gets fucked up while working? yeah hes probably going to rage and curse at everyone but not personally against you, right.

>not being terrified of your dad then looking back and remembering he didn't do shit.

You must of had a pushover for a father.

What are the chances of this being any good?

slim to none

I'd say less than 5%

>Broderick: I’m very frightened of introducing and >narrating the wrong scene. That could definitely >happen.
>Rudolph: That’s why people are tuning in, right?
>Broderick: Yeah, it’s kind of like a traffic accident.
cheeky cunt

>there will never be dads as based as the old man from a christmas story again

it was a different time

a better time

You used all the glue....ON PURPOSE!