Sup Forums idea discussion thread

post your ideas for cartoons/shows/comics/webcomics/animated movies here

other anons give feedback and say whether or not they would watch/read it

i'll start

>an animated cartoon series, possibly a comic/webcomic, where the MC is a cute girl that gets shapeshifting powers, except it ISN'T a superhero show. Nobody else has powers and there are no supervillians, the only person in this world with powers is the MC; the world is otherwise exactly the same as it is now. It has episodic adventures of her figuring out creative ways to use her powers to solve everyday problems, all while keeping her identity secret.

Sound meh, Well, depending on the extent of the MC's power. Can they transform into inanimate objects? Is the transformation limited by color or size? Can she copy voices or small details like fingerprints? Secret identity isn't much of a problem if you've got shape shifting powers.

>Too young to go see R rated movie?
Shapeshift.
>Must be this tall to ride?
Shapeshift
>Become power hungry serial killer and get found out by the cops?
Shapeshift

Here's a webcomic I'm working on, hopefully I'll be able to start it by year's end:

A long comatose captain wakes up to find his ridiculously enormous space cruiser crippled after years of decay. Now he must brave the chaos and madness that has overtaken his ship to fend off an impending threat. Unfortunately, little things like cannibal engineers, a sentient swarm desert, false Captain-Kings, and a million miles to cross stand in his way.

hypothetically her power would be unlimited. and you're right, that it normally wouldn't be a problem, as long as nobody finds out about her powers and her true form, because then they could harm her friends and family

sounds like a warhammer 40K EU novel

i always have weird ideas raddling in my head, but ive always liked the concept an alien (possibly royal in some way, like the prince/princess of there planet) being dragged to earth and learning about the human race.

i think it would be interesting to look at humans, there history, culture, ect from an alien or foreign perspective, and just how fuckn weird we can be

A dark comedy set in a gloomy mental asylum in the woods. Whoever designed the place must have had some mental issues themselves, as the architecture is often completely nonsensical

An adult comedy that takes place in a n underground lab facility. Most of the scientist are doing legit work in different areas and departments, while others are secretly trying to take over the world or kill everyone. Management is incredibly incompetent and run essentially by sociopaths.
Each episode is focused on a different guy or girl, most of them self contained. Some characters from different stories may interact here and there but for the most part they stay separated.
The plot might get more serious later on.

i think having limits to her powers would create much more possibilities for interesting situations. it doesn't have to be something like a limit on what she can turn into, but rather like a limited amount of time she can stay shapeshifted or between shapeshifts. possible example: she shapeshifts into a boy to get into a crush's party but changes back while at the party and has to come up with a way to escape without being seen

Neat.

A handful of loosely-connected individuals pull off a series of daring heists in the frontiers of a cyberpunk Alaska, in a quest to bring the mega-corp running the place to justice.

yeah that's a good point

Kind of inspired by the kaiju episode of Bounty Hamster, but:

>show is about muh giant monsters
>city/ies attacked regularly by giant monsters
>shitty little genius nerd kid lives in city, comes up with awesome jerry-rigged inventions
>goes to high school that spends WAY too much money on sportsball teams that always lose anyway, teachers act like protag's inventions make him dangerous/a bad influence, etc. so he never gets to go to science fairs or whatever
>first episode, protag gets called into the principal's office
>"blah blah, saw your infinite energy generator or some shit, blah blah stop using school resources to build weapons or you'll be EXPEEEEEELLLLLLLLED!"
>"oh no!" reactions all over the fuckin place, protag runs away from school crying
>monsters start fighting in the meantime, well-known badass-but-kind monster (we'll call him Turnip because I don't wanna think of a name) vs new superthreat
>Turnip btfo, runs away to sewers
>cities have sewers that big I totally know my uncle works for New York
>protag kid hiding and crying just outside sewer on other side of tunnel, hears groaning and/or sees sewer life running away
>goes in to investigate, sees Turnip tending to wounds in sewer because septic infections don't exist
>suddenly sewer gator, Turnip fucks his shit
>"zomg you totally saved me! wanna be friends?!"
>"no lol"
>kid gets sad, Turnip goes back to try to fight new monster
>kid sees he's still hurt, rushes to hardware store to build some shit
>Turnip getting ass kicked, kid comes with new invention to save the day at the last minute
>Turnip goes to hide in sewers again, kid starts building a lab down there
>monster of the week shenanigans, a few recurring villains, show slowly leads up to alien invasion with fighting monster teams
>show ends after maybe 6 seasons

A Girl Scout delivers cookies to strange and bizzare places

I got an idea of a Celtic-themed "samurai Jack" style high fantasy story.

A young woman, after losing her husband, takes his sword and goes to find the wedding ring he left behind when he died.

Alex Mack?

This was a dumb idea I had when I was eleven, but here it goes
>in the future
>superheroes exist
> MC believes he will never get to be superhero because of his schizophrenia and lack if powers
>one day, during a painful incident he finally gets powers
> while it seems good at first, he finds out he must be in pain for his powers to work
>now, with his friends, he gets trained along multiple superheroes as part of a program at school
>but, while most get a notable superhero, he is stuck with a man hardly known by anyone
>this guy's name is The Rock
>he has the ability to change his density
> so now, throughout the school year he deals with his schizophrenia and middle school

>>there is also a subplot of a conspiracy which gets focused on in the second and third seasons

It's dumb, but I still kinda enjoy the idea.

Don't starve cartoon showing off how each survivor gets onto the island, starts off their adventure, show off their goal, and show they thrive or die for 45 minutes. One episode for each character over the coarse of a year and a half.

Robert Pattinson is pretty kino
Just send him into a dark alley to get the living shit beaten out of him to make him more rugged before he auditions and we are good to go.

The Wendy and Webber episodes would be interesting.

I have an idea for a webcomic I've been working on and off for about two years now

It's about a grouchy teenage boy who suddenly starts seeing ghosts, though he doesn't know why. He goes into the woods to meet a spirit called the Devil, who will forbidden knowledge in exchange for animal corpses and souls. The Devil tells the boy that he can see ghosts because of a cursed spell that runs through his blood, and if he doesn't lift it, it will kill him. However, the Devil knows the man who cast this spell, a serial killer who was executed centuries ago. This killer was the only man who knows how to lift the curse, but when he died, he did not disappear. His soul possessed a newly born body when he died, and he still walks among the living, plotting his next attack. Now the boy must find the killer's host, and somehow convince him to lift the dreadful curse.

I was kind of thinking about starting it this summer and releasing it around Halloween. I'm already drawing a webcomic, though, so a release that early is unlikely.

Too pale, too skinny, too tall.
Jackman grew into the role, but I want our next Wolverine to be some hair-covered lumberjack manlet from the frozen North.

Like, fuck putting a set of glistening abs on screen for the female audience, get a downright mean-lookin' little troll who you wouldn't wanna cross in a barfight. The kinda guy who looks like he could kick anyone's ass, just to compensate for being 5'3".

here we go for the umpteenth time

>Anne, a young farmhand girl, makes a deal with a powerful demon (aka a "spiritualist") to make her life more interesting
>flash to her waking up in a stranger's home, on their couch dazed and confused
>stranger has rabbit ears, wat.mp3 engaged
>turns out she was thrust into a different world where people have animal traits and features

don't really have a story but I'll share some characters:

>Leigh: rabbit ears. Hot-headed and quick to act, she works collecting various plants and animals to make tinctures/potions
>Horace: turtle shell. Old as dirt and cranky as they come. Was a brigadeer in his youth, and teaches Anne and Leigh basic combat skills.
>Ezekiel: wildabeast horns. Big guy for you, and tough as nails. Bouncer by day and petty crook by night.
>Isaiah: lizard eyes. Born to the king, he wishes for a life of adventure. Naïve, but booksmart.
>Markus: shark teeth. His armies in tatters from a hard-fought defeat, he fights for the day he can be proud of his country again. [

The only actor that tiny in Hollywood is Tom Cruise.