How do we defeat Griffithfag?

Too many threads have gone to shit due to the Griffith menace

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/90846729/#90857345
youtu.be/ldnoBhxs-Uo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought he got blown the fuck out in a thread and no one could ever take him seriously again.

learn to debate and watch more films

I'd like to see a link to this

>Tfw Griffith poster slips up and accidentally reveals he's a Pokemon fag
OH NO NO NO

no one does take him seriously, but its still annoying

>accidentally
Everything I do is by my own choice, slave

>Griffithfag is willingly admitting to being a pokemonfag
OH NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You keep laughing, but we all know the only clown here is you

>Griffithposter speaks of high art but plays a man-child game
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WE DOWNVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/90846729/#90857345
This was the thread of his reckoning

>reckoning
In what way. Seems like he singlehandedly destroyed everyone

He is a man with too much time, you can't stop him or talk sense to him. Especially when his argumentation skills are limited to derailing arguments and "no u" comebacks.

by quoting a critic who hated Griffith?

>that borzage "refutal" image
post-modern revisionist trash, kill yourself for saving that, megaretard

Griffith poster is genuinely afflicted with serious mental disorders. At first one could mistake his personality as trolling but his insane persistence over time has dispelled with that notion. Makes me feel ill knowing he is a real person out there somewhere

griffith thread ? What's your favourite griffith kino ?

>feeling
faggot

t. triggered

the fact that you think those two images look similar shows you know nothing about art

He's one of the dweebs from that super secret clique of degenerates over at Letterboxd. He's an autistic man in his mid-twenties who has a post-ironic Tumblr and uploads pictures of himself in low light and a dressing gown because he thinks that makes him unique/edgy. Pathetic stuff.

>similar
You're right, one is the highest example of an artistic creation, the other one is a primitive painting

Who? How does this pertain to film in the slightest?

PLEASE link me to what you speak of user

admittedly, the fact that you think that anything in that image is valid criticism is triggering
oh no the faggot criterion godard lover is here

every one of your posts betrays a complete lack of taste. you've role-played for so long that you've actually fallen for your own bait and confuse it with reality. sad!

This. Downvote Griffith

The slightest of changes in these ordered deeply staged tableaus not only show Griffith's appreciation for his audience's intellects and attention spans no matter how foolishly unwarranted, he is also enabling space for him to create contrast without the dialectic edit.

>Godard

Shouldn't even have to give reason. There is no significance to Borzage. The sophisticated people he surrounded himself with were the ones that elevated whatever drivel he directed.

>crude, overblown lighting
>gaudy posing and acting
>uninspired, contrived wardrobe
>dull shades of grey

bottom
>strong yet finely rendered lighting
>expressive, powerful expressions
>wonderfully rendered textures, especially drapery
>rich, tasteful colouring
in terms of aesthetics it's a no contest. why you would even want to compare Griffith's mise en scène to that of an actual artist's is beyond me.

Griffith might have pioneered new techniques but overall his work is representative of the era: tactless, overwrought and laughably romantic.

if you had any taste you would have at least dedicated your pathological obsession to an important artist but instead you continually make a fool of yourself. truly pathetic

>debasing Griffith
anti-intellectual revisionist trash

>romantic
>representative of the era
Griffith exudes all facets of representation and uses each to comment on one another. A centralized distillation of life's complexities. The slightest of shifts are registered and made apparent yet with dubiously disguised intent. History, past, present, and future are rendered moot for Griffith knows as much changes on a tertiary level, the more the situation remains the same.

DWG is a God compared to all the literal who shitty meme directors you tug yourselves off to on discord.

>texture
>overblown
>rich
The words you find in baby's first "Visual rethoric 101class".

discord hates hollywood

>copy pasting the same meaningless drivel over and over to simulate having an opinion
you're nothing more than a mechanistic monkey, a thoughtless automaton.

nice refutation, sperg

Confirmed knowing nothing at all. Griffith is not Hollywood.

>meaningless drivel
Brainlet.

>Sup Forums speak
>intelligent
pick one

GriffithPoster, what is your opinion on the 2012 film "The Master". I realise you will undoubtedly dislike it but what is a specific criticism of yours

>I prove things by highlighting out of context opinions and presenting them as facts
this is your brain on autism

Griffith is not Hollywood, pseud. He actively attacked the major studios and their producers. United Artists is proto-independent studio. Get a fucking education.

By being the most attention-grabbing he could possibly be, Welles, boy magician, predicated the past several decades of filmmaking. He erased ambiguity and clever communication and instead replaced it with overprecise blocking, sweeping telegraphed camera gestures, and abusively simplified mise-en-scene. Welles is the prototypical Paul Thomas Anderson

Gene Saks had already, in the over two movies he had made — from Barefoot in the Park on up to THE ODD COUPLE — founded the art of light comedy; now he wanted to try something more than simply telling the story of two mismatched housemates who get on each others nerves. He had developed repartee and crosscutting in his earlier works, and in CACTUS FLOWER, he attempted to the story of a manic pixie dream girl and the man whose life she changes, crosscutting back and forth to Walter Matthau, Goldie Hawn, Ingrid Bergman and Jack Weston reaction shots. He was living in an era of experiments with light comedy in the other arts, and although he worked in a popular medium, the old light comedic concepts of one-liners and slapstick seemed too limiting; in his own way he attempted what Pound and Eliot, Proust and Virginia Woolf and Joyce were also attempting, and what he did in movies influenced literary form as much as they did. CACTUS FLOWER is a film symphony. No simple framework could contain the richness of what Saks tried to do in this movie.

GRRRIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIITTHHHHHHHH

Isn't Griffith the racist who pushed phrenology among his close circle of friends, a known Klansman and directed Birth of a Nation?

I feel like I could not appreciate Griffith properly outside of a cinema viewing. With a smaller screen it is harder to search the frame with a clear view , so I haven't watched any of his films yet

I saw The Birth of a Nation on 16mm with a custom soundtrack by Reg Hartt. The only music I remember was the last piece used, which was some super-patriotic song like America the Beautiful. There were two other people in the theatre (both women) and they left before it was over.

>Isn't Griffith the racist
Overdose soyboy

Brainlet

why are you obsessed with that reddit word?

I'm sorry that correctly calling him a racist triggered you.

You're not much better

Sup Forums: Griffith, Flaherty, Eisenstein, Stroheim

reddit: Weerasethakul, Altman, Kubrick, Brakhage, Beavers, Ruiz, Duras, Piavoli, Malick, Tarkovksy, Rohmer, Renoir, Bresson, Ozu, Teshigahara, Deren, Costa, Lynch, Straub-Huillet

What are you apologizing for, you're still alive

You should probably kill yourself for posting this.

KEK

Leave, reddit.

Griffith... the master of us all... the greatest director to ever live. I would uncover my head and kneel before his tomb.

Don't copy Tarkovsky poster you fuck! He's based and you're a waste

>20 posters ITT
Discord cancer should be banned on sight. Just fuck off back to where you crawled from.

Mortals would all do themselves a favor in doing so

>of course some overweight, ugly white faggot goes to Griffith's grave

That's Smoothhands.

Again I ask, where is Sjöström?
It's like you're trying to appear "cultured" but can only name the obvious ones.

Sheepo = god.

>This is your average Griffith fan
OH NO NO NO

Overdose, soyboy

In the trash where he belongs

DMAN GRIFFITH FANBOYS LOOK LIKE *THAT*?

I don't know what a Smoothhands is. Sounds like a rapey Runescape login name.

>No google reverse search results
This is GriffithFag? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is coming from someone afraid to look in their bathroom mirror

It's getting old.

Everything can do, Jean can do better.
And Jean can do everything better than her.

Overdose, soyboy

>He doesn't worship at the feet of Joseph Smoothhands

if it was already getting old...

wew, boy.

christ

Overdose soyboy

For a person who can't even spell his name right, I think you ought to re-evaluate what belongs in the trash and what doesn't. Oops, it seems I too can cherry-pick scenes to make the opposition look bad.. Grow some taste youngin'

>For a person who can't even spell his name right
How new?

>retard doesn't know about anglicized surnames
How surreal

I don't see anything wrong with right image.

How could you possibly be acquainted with his films yet unaware of the "seastrom" thing?
You are defending a filmmaker you barely know anything about, aren't you?

>Putting Seastrom in any league near Griffith
Very.

Yes, yes I am.

>the state of anti-griffithfags

stick to disneyshit, kiddies

I'm hundred percent sure Griffithfag is Armond

Ah, apologies, I don't indulge in the "americanized" version of film when the far more superior original is available. Of course, if that's how you enjoy film, that's none of my business, keep on rocking.

Please, save the highly unwarranted boastfulness. Seastrom is a nobody whose core tenets are vast oversimplifications of previous greater mens' work.

It seems you have a hard on for the "old gods", but operating with that mindset, you cloud yourself from the other newer people going into the fold. A question, the way you rate your movies, does any movie from 50's+ come close to the ones you so fawn over? I doubt it, I think you have a strict code by which you view movies and if they don't adhere to it, you dismiss them

No, don't damage control out of this one, you're just an idiot with no knowledge

youtu.be/ldnoBhxs-Uo
Griffith is kino who's dumb enough to think otherwise

I don't see new, I see vulgarity. I don't see advancement, I see oversimplification and degradation. How Griffith is lightyears beyond anybody else since goes to show how most that are attracted to "film" are autists that wish to capture life in the same self-contained isolated way they see the world, and that does perhaps the most damage to their work. But alas, genes cannot be changed. Kubrick was born this way, Ozu was born this way, Bresson was born this way, Tarkovsky was born this way and so on ad infinitum. This near-indomitable pile of backwash sludge that permeates the entire medium and is praised beyond aptitude is what makes me agree with Griffith's indirect notion that he never once made a film. I don't know of Flaherty to have either.

Doesn't that limit the amount of topics you can see be "talked about" on the screen? Griffith, though vast his production was, didn't touch all aspects of life. What then? There is almost an endless amount of stories / different conditions & nuances of life that have yet not been touched.
I don't know about you, but I find sound in film to elevate the storytelling capabilities, but stories in themselves are not art, but the way they are conveyed, so yes I do agree with you on that front. sound in itself is not art and may damage the cinematic side. I've found this to be rare, sound more often than not does add to the experience (in my case at least).