Movies like the Illuminatus! trilogy?

Movies like the Illuminatus! trilogy?

Oh man, I wish. There's a stage play, but it's only running in the UK. I doubt these books could ever be adapted to film. Maybe a TV series, but I doubt enough people would watch it or understand it to keep it on the air all the way to the end.

Starts so good then gets boring near the end.
Still though, I'm doing my part to emancipate the eschaton.

maybe watch Inherent Vice, They Live, and Zardoz on three different screens all at once

immanentize the eschaton, doofus

He's clearly working against us.

I accept the doofus badge.
Its been 20 years since I read it.

>The authors are utterly incompetent—no sense
>of style or structure at all. It starts out as a
>detective story, switches to science-fiction, then
>goes off into the supernatural, and is full of the
>most detailed information of dozens of ghastly
>boring subjects. And the time sequence is all out
>of order in a very pretentious imitation of
>Faulkner and Joyce. Worst yet, it has the most
>raunchy sex scenes, thrown in just to make it
>sell, I’m sure, and the authors—whom I’ve never
>heard of— have the supreme bad taste to
>introduce real political figures into this mishmash
>and pretend to be exposing a real conspiracy.

Good luck filming that. Oh, and the part where perspective and narrative voice switch to a squirrel in mid-sentence. Maybe just drop a bunch of acid and watch Inland Empire.

t. has never done acid or watched inland empire

Then don’t do both at the same time.

It's all true though

All I remember from the books was something about a woman presenting her "rosy pink asshole".

Oh wow it changes style three times. Almost like it's three books. Like, I don't know, a trilogy.

Holy shit I wasn't expecting to see that. They are no movies that capture the batshit crazy excellence of this book, at least that I can think of.

However, the following are worth checking out if you haven't already seen them:

-Dark City
-The Truman Show
-Enemy

And anime

-Serial Experiments Lain
-Paranoia Agent
Immanentize the eschaton!

what is this even about? All I ever hear is that it has a squirl for le random comedy and that "DUDE WEIRD SHIT LMAO" which makes me think its gimmicky shit

Imma check those movies out
The greentext summarizes it pretty good, although it's from the first novel

It's rambling pseudo-conspiracy intellectual drug trip absurdist rubbish. "Highly" recommended.

>emancipate the eschaton.

Pretty sure that was Mavis, who fucked George Dorn after breaking him out of a jail in Mad Dog, TX while waiting for hagberd celine's golden submarine to show up.

>he doesn't realize that greentext is a quote from the novel itself
It's meta as fuck.

thats what Im saying, this seems like some cult hit book loved by the typical druggy burn out who loves Tool and Alex Gray artwork and is still fixated on illuminati conspiracies

Nothing wrong with Tool or Alex Gray

film a garbage can

make it a trilogy

Oh holy shit it is! It has been years since I read it. It's really time to read it again. Shrodinger's Cat Trilogy is good too. Wilson's "Historical Illuminatus Trilogy" is probably the best of all of them. (Nature's God, The Widow's Son, and The Earth Will Shake).

Stick with star wars EU, probably more your speed.

I was wondering how many twonks that claim to have read/love it would miss that and start squawking at me.

I find schrodinger's cat to be more rewarding on re-reading.
Cosmic Trigger I & II are both pretty good, mostly just a collection of articles and essays about whatever, but its pretty funny, and always interesting.
>still fixated on illuminati conspiracies
No, if anything it makes a complete farce of conspiracy theories.

it's a long rambling novel that probably had no pre-planning or editing. the plot progresses like LOST, ie, they make it up as they go and the only direction they have to take it is bigger. it starts as a political satire/conspiracy fiction and ends as a scifi/fantasy like Ralph Bakshi might have animated. whole thing is filled with namedropping and digressions on history/politics/philosophy etc.

if you like that edgy stoner niche it's a fun ride

Tarantella Serpentine:

>Then Tarantella went to the bedside table and
>took a tube of petroleum jelly out of a drawer.
>She began applying it to his penis, which grew
>erect during the process. Then she rolled over
>and presented him with her rosy asshole. It was
>the first time George had had a woman that way,
>and he came rather quickly after insertion from
>the novelty and excitement of it all.

You're not far off, it's a stream of consciousness meta-novel (which was hot shit at the time).
If I'm not mistaken entire chapters of the book were kind of treated like a Burroughs cut-up, except with paragraphs instead of individual lines.
I always loved the Rolling Stone blurb about it: >The longest shaggy dog joke in literary history… A hundred pages in I couldn’t figure out why I was wasting my time with this nonsense… after three hundred I was having too much fun to quit, and by the end I was eager to believe every word, I loved it.
Pretty accurate encapsulation I think.

I stand corrected.

RAW wrote me a letter (like on paper) once, I still have it.

post it faggot

That's pretty neat. Hope it's framed somewhere.

I read the first book, it was hilarious. Although the whole "death of the ego" thing at the end felt preachy. Should I finish the trilogy?