Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Anyone have any opinions on this show?

I loved the radio show. Harry Enfield was great and couldn't really imagine Dirk being played by anyone else.

Fully expected to hate this and only gave it a shot because of elijah wood and, of course, Douglas Adams.

It was pretty good. Haven't seen series 2 though

It wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. Kinda interesting but it went up its own ass in the last 3 episodes.

The black chick is hot as fuck and I'm not usually into dark chocolate.

Agreed. Season 1 was awesome. Season 2 started out with potential, but ended poorly.

i like the soundtrack

only watched s1 but i enjoyed it

Reminder a show written by max landis has the line "you are not your name."

Yeah, Season 2 is going off the deep end of fucking weird. Season 1 was pretty clever and tightly wrapped in the end, which was surprising.

best soyboy show

now stop postin this thread Max

It wasn't very good.

the first season was much better, mainly the first 3 episodes

season 2 is a bit like something made by a group of film student that had a really ambitious idea but wasn't motivated to see the whole thing through

My wife thinks it's great. I don't mind watching it with her but probably would have stopped by now on my own. It's alright.

Best Waifu.

I’m into 6th episode of 2nd season. So far so good.

Wow, I didn't know Marienette Cheng was in this.

I didn't like it at first, but one I got past how annoying Dirk is I started to like it. S2 isn't quite as interesting as S1 plot-wise but the character development isn't any worse.

Appeals to the Tumblr girl crowd who say shit like "I love the british accent!" and are big "fans" of doctor who and Sherlock.

It can fuck off

Loved series one, haven't seen series two, waiting for it to be available where I live. In a legal way, not torrenting. You know, to support the show.

what makes someone a fake Dr. Who fan? Not watching all of the seasons?
How about a fake Sherlock fan? They haven't read Doyle's works?
It's silly to categorize people who talk about tv shows on another site to look down upon. Just lighten up.

What we had together, however brief, was wonderful, but we just aren't meant to be. Look back with fondness and move on with your life.

-Max

Liked season 1, season 2 is meh

Season 2 is a lot better because it doesn't focus on Dirk and he has a lot less screen time though this case is pretty shitty compared to the first one, Wouldn't recommend it

So, Wendermore is completely fucked, right?

I'm stuck on episode 5. There's something about it I don't like, I just dont know what. Gonna try finish season 1 one day

The first case felt like a case.

This current case feels like a random adventure.

Why does Frodo always do quirky dramedy roles?

Season 1: really promising, really good.
Season 2: Not.

It would be pretty dark if that many characters were dead. I think project Monarch will fix everything when they free him.

I like season 2, but I think this is fair. This pace might be too much for Max. Isn't he doing some syfy show at the same time? I haven't heard anything of that since it came out.

needs more Bart, needs more holistic murders.

>Dirk is not supposed to be camp. >Dirk is not supposed to be camp. >Dirk is not supposed to be camp.

I quite like it, Bart is the main attraction though.
A straighter adaptation was of course attempted, but it didn't really work IMHO and between Sherlock and Dr Who there isn't much elbow-room for it anyway so it makes sense they took it somewhere else.