Disney Parks

What Disney Park has the best Tower of Terror and why is it Hollywood Studios?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4TNnGx0pV0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2nameuvL3R4
youtube.com/watch?v=2z6wT0hoFiM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gonna derail this thread by saying that universal studios Hollywood is better.
They got Simpsons, Shrek and despicable me.

Screenaversal: ride the movies you could just watch at home!

I havent been to Disney in close to 15 years and I saw the Disney Collector packs recently and I think they're pretty cute for a fun little souvenir. Anyone here buy any? Do you get alot of duplicate characters or is it a good variety?

Are those like blind box purchase toys? Those look cool.

>spend entire afternoon at Didney with sister in Peter Pan line
>it's fucking shit
>Next open Indiana Jones time was when we were tired as fuck with no will to live
>go to Universal next day
>get all rides done and do the studio tour all in a day
>actually had fun and amazing food
Universal is objectively better than Disney in every way except for charm. The Mummy ride should be all you need to convince someone of this.

They're little blind-bags with a miniature figure in them, yeah.

Hard to tell for sure from the image but they look like those cheap tiny figurines like the ones in dispenser machines at Walmart. I don't think they'd be worth collecting though there are a few cool ones in there.

This ride makes my dingus tingle

I feel that way on Splash Mountain

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

So, which of those two specific things does this thread fall under?

In all seriousness, I haven't been to Disney in about a decade. I heard the closed DisneyQuest and have an Avatar park now. What?

disneyquest is alive until july

doesnt matter anyway, it got really shitty, half the of the cabinets didnt work anymore and the ones that did were damaged or unresponsive.

That's... sorta heartbreaking. My first real fighting game exposure was their old MvC1 cabinet, and while I'm sure they haven't aged well, those VR games and roller coaster simulators were pretty damn fun.

I hope the Fix It Felix cabinets get moved somewhere else but besides that, good riddance to Disney Quest.

Animal Kingdom is getting a new section of the park devoted to the James Cameron Avatar movie. Absolutely no one gives a shit about it.

Disney Parks threads do best on Sup Forums. /trv/ is just a drug/hookup board, and Sup Forums doesn't want them either.

anna

I'm staying in Disney this week for Star Wars Celebration. I'm super excited :)!

Tokyo's Tower is the only one of the copies that rivals the original

But doesn't incorporate Twilight Zone, right?

no its an original story

Well considering DCA doesn't have a tower of terror anymore, the competition is a little slim.

>get all rides done and do studio tour all in a day
This
Seriously I may be in the minority but fast passes should not be free. It just fucks up the stand by lines.

Correct, an original story that's part of a pulp adventure universe that the Imagineers have been developing over the last 15 years, centered around the Society of Explorers and Adventurers

how much are these now?

worth it to go tomorrow or would it be to busy?

this

ive been to disney world, disneyland and universal orlando, universal hollywood
Florida has better Disney but California adventure is best park
Hollywood has better universal bc Backlot tour

prove me wrong

they've said they're going to close it every summer since like 2012, but they havent since the NBA deal fell thru

$11+

They're shutting it down to turn it into a GotG ride, I'm not kidding.

Only Disneyland's for the moment.

As far as Florida goes, it's being considered for either the Tower or for the Universe of Energy at Epcot. Even though the correct solution would be to put it in Rock n' Rollercoaster.

$17

i think it was 12 in Disneyland when i was there last august.
i was at Disneyworld in february but didnt get one. it was on the dinning plan though

Nope. It was 9 out of 10 crowds resort wide according to travel plans. I recommend waiting till Easter passes.

Well I guess it's enough to feed a couple people so it's not entirely overpriced

my little bro has spring break in high school right now, so i would assume its pretty crowded

>Even though the correct solution would be to put it in Rock n' Rollercoaster.

From what I heard they are replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure with Guardians.

I know only the California Adventure one's is being closed but that was the only one I went to last year and fell in love with. My friend is a normie and even she thinks it's a retarded idea becasue it doesn't fit the aesthetic or theme of the park/area.

ugh but I need my dak fix
it would fit

>Turn the limos into spaceships
>Replace the Aerosmith playlist with Star-Lord's mixtape
>Replace the blacklit plywood cut outs with space shit.

It's the most logical solution for a quick and dirty Guardians attraction and Aerosmith's finally going on a farewell tour anyways.

The Lands or The Sea ?

The Land, entirely because of Soarin'.

sea for me youtube.com/watch?v=4TNnGx0pV0Y

and the food that it

Though I still rather see Ellen's "ride" gone even though that makes a lot of sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=2nameuvL3R4

>Friend was hoping for the Tower retheme to based off of KH

Jesus, I know some folks want it to be represented in the parks somehow but come on.

And no, the cloaked Mickey pin you can occasionally find in Tomorrowland doesn't count to them.

>my little bro has spring break in high school right now
>spring break

That's another reason why so damn packed at this time of the year too.

I just remembered that Patrick Warburton was in the pre ride video for Soarin

thats the best part of the ride

I don't like the Neo ride, too fast and I can't hear and understand what the characters are doing. Also what so Bruce the Shark is a bad guy now

There's plenty of ways you can update Energy without resorting to a mindless movie tie-in. Like there's been proposals for some time now, but fucking every major new addition in an American park these days has to be an extension of a movie.

How long is Energy anyway ?

My friend just got a job as Captain America, had another friend who was Thor for a while. At long last I can go back into a Disney park for free.

>Nice work Pal

Like 40 minutes and most of that is movie.

If you changed the ride system to something more compact and used the vastness of those two theaters to your advantage, you could get a solid dark ride about Deep Time in there. A history of Life on Earth thing to compliment Spaceship Earth's history of human civilization. But that doesn't sell Dancing Groots, now does it?

If they do kill Energy, it'd be nice if they at least sent the dinosaurs over to Magic Kingdom and put them along the railroad like at Disneyland.

Would anyone miss that ride if they convert it? I mean it's been there for 20+ years right, anyone who's been on it knows about it and I doubt anyone new to the parks would like it.

best dessert

I'd miss it simply because it encapsulates a very specific part of the 90's that makes up some of my earliest memories, but I can understand letting it go.

It ain't no Maelstrom

Orange Dole Whip was better, and I'm going to bitter until they bring it back.

Best place to eat in the park though? The only right answer is Jurassic cafe

>spend entire afternoon at Didney with sister in Peter Pan line
Well there's your problem - you got on the Peter Pan ride at a time that wasn't close to opening.

I miss the college program. If any of you guys get the opportunity, absolutely do it.

>college program
Wait what?

The Disney College Program. They have it at both WDW and DL (I did mine at Hollywood Studios in Orlando), and basically you work as a cast member for a semester doing anything from attractions to character performance or even custodial. It's real fun and you get free admission to the parks. Of course they pay you kind of shitty and the hours can suck, but it was a great opportunity to see the parks behind the scenes and meet new people.

Check this shit out: youtube.com/watch?v=2z6wT0hoFiM

> Change it to GotG in a rush job to capitalise on the movie
> There's reports of a Tower of Terror/Twilight Zone movie in the works

It's madness I tells ya

>Animal Kingdom is getting a new section of the park devoted to the James Cameron Avatar movie. Absolutely no one gives a shit about it.
assuming Avatar 2 either bombs or never materializes, what do you guys think will happen to Avatar Land within the next 10-15 years?