>There's a civil war between the SJ fans now
>People leaving the show because of Ashi
>Fans either LOVE Ashi, LOATHE Ashi or not sure about her yet

This, this is Hell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6nZ4A4VI2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

come over to the rick and morty side, we have cookies

Don't worry about Sup Forums, they could dislike a beagle puppy with a milk mustache if they found one single nitpick.

Samurai Jack is great, and the fact that it came back is a sign that there's still goodness in the world. Every episode has been wonderful and there is no reason whatsoever to be upset.

Oh nooooo a show is not UNIVERSALLY loved and people argue about it.

Welcome to, oh, every single piece of media that's even remotely mainstream.

I know that feel OP

I might go to the Rick and Morty threads because this whole thing became a living hell now.

Same, I think Episode 4 sorta ruined this series now

It should've been just JACK. I'm sorry, I'm not being some anti-SJW retard. It's just we have ten fucking episodes and adding another character will just RUSH things.

This was such a bad decision

What is the SJW angle? Just because Ashi is a chick?

I enjoyed the Season 3 premier of R&M quite a bit since it was fucking April Fools Day, but the idea of a backlash against SJ is just ridiculous. There was already the realization that he had to fucking kill a human (thinking she was a robot at the time) then had to do it purely for survival. Jack is no sadist, dude lives on honor while tormented by a dark side shown via his old design and expected twisted mindset.

i like this story fine, i just don't exactly like how it's taken this many episodes to tell this one story that would otherwise be one episode... and we only get 10 total before the show's over FOREVER. and we've made ZERO progress on the new plot elements introduced

when's he getting the sword back, destroying aku, and going back in time and destroying aku again?

I dunno..I personally enjoyed it. The visuals were still stunning and it reminded me a lot of Inside Jabbu-Jabbu's Belly from Ocarina of Time so that was cool. I'm fine with Ashi, but whoever is doing her voice acting is really bad.

RUB A DUB DUB am I right?!

Did dumb Rick make those? Cause thems ain't chocolate chips

The latest episode felt completely at odds with the first three in terms of tone character motives. So it's no surprise a lot of people hate it.

Source on the ratings?

>Fans are either ONE EXTREME, THE OPPOSITE EXTREME, or somewhere in the middle

Deep insight, OP.

Alright, so riddle me this:

How would have you taken the path of the ten episodes?

Because for this guy to be living 50+ years in the future and not expect him to father any children is ridiculous.

It shows that he finally becomes accustomed to the future, its' where he has lived out what would be the normal human lifetime at.

See it this way:
If the path for Season 5 was JUST him going after Aku, there WOULD be filler episodes without a doubt.

But with this arc, it shows a side of him we never really expect or had known about him.

How? Jack is still guilt ridden, it's the whole reason he even bothered with converting Ashi.

I'm giving it one more episode before I make any judgements about dropping it.

It's like that old Mitch Hedberg bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6nZ4A4VI2E

>People excited for the episode
>Play something else, because lol APRIL FOOLS FUCKERS
>Surprised when the ratings fall

Fuck adult swim

I don't hate Ashi, but I don't like her either and I feel like she's dragging the show down.

Stop giving a shit about idiots with wrong opinions, and just watch the show.

And there was never a show that did not disappoint SOME of its audience. Ratings almost always drop as a show goes on.

I don't like her, but I don't hate her either. I do like that shes humanizing Jack a bit. The whole JACK IS TORMENTED thing kinda got old five minutes into the first episode.

At some point you have to just let go of the hate to see the truth.

Then I'm sorry you're just gay.

You are NOT supposed to like her yet. She doesn't even have a personality yet.

People on Sup Forums sure do like making assumptions. And I don't think you know what zero means.

I really do blame AS for this they fucked you the pacing ONE TIME and now you people will never stop.

You are giving stupid anons more attention than they will ever deserve.

I don't get it what's the problem?

Let's set one thing straight here.
People not expecting Ashi to be redeemed are actual fucking retards.
Do you think those scenes were in the training montage for shits and giggles?

why you care about ratings on last season forever? does not matter if just one person watches finale it still going to end

Shut up idiot. Everything in episode 4 was foreshadowed in the first 3.

>why you care about ratings
I think people are scared about the ratings because if the are poor(in their minds) then Network Execs won't use Genndy's talent or pick up his ideas for other projects, thus, he'll be stuck making Hotel Transylvania movies for the rest of his career.

It's because all of the voices for the female antagonists are absolute garbage and/or the most generic, boring bullshit you've ever heard. Absolutely depressing how much they ruin the show. Dialogue was a mistake.

Like it matters. They've made it more than clear that they don't want Genndy's work on CN
The fact Jack is back at all is a fucking miracle itself.

Tara Strong needs to fucking retire. Thanks for everything, lady, but the over exposure is ruining the chance for actually interesting voices.

do i have to watch any of the first 4 seasons to watch season 5?

Puppies are overrated and milk is a shit tier drink.

Yes, stupid

But...the plot seems simple enough to jump straight into season 5...

>watching for plot
This is why you need to watch the first 4 seasons

No, you fucking retard.
The entire appeal of S5 is that it's for people that watched everything else beforehand
Quit trying to pussyfoot around the fact and take the time to watch the prior seasons.

I don't mind her, but I hope she doesn't become an obstruction to the story. The idea that Jack is spiritually saved by his relationship to some girl is kind of generic and uninteresting -- all the more if it turns romantic.

With only so many episodes left, the series doesn't have a bunch of time to waste. I did like episode 4, though, even if I understand the complaints regarding some of the dialogue.

Some nobodies on Sup Forums are complaining over nothing. You know, the usual.

There's no way anyone would be stupid enough to claim this as SHW pandering.

>the ratings drop slightly
>people are angry about a female foil to Jack's struggle

I think you guys need to stop gettin' mad at cartoons.

I understand that many of your criticisms are legitimate. But Genndy is a fairly proven story teller, and I'm gonna give him his chance to end his story ON HIS TERMS.

Fucking entitled cunts believe that somehow they're owed their own vision of how this shit should play out.

Nah.

I'll sum up what you need to know:

>feudal Japan
>out in space, some gods are wrecking a black, destructive cosmic force
>a piece travel to earth, where it incubates for millennia before being given sentience by a magic arrow from Japan's emperor
>gods give emperor a divine sword
>emperor fights demon-creature (Aku)
>traps him in a tree for about a decade before being freed by an eclipse
>demon wreaks havoc
>emperor sends his young son off to train all around the world with the magic sword to come back and defeat the evil
>prince turns 25
>he faces the demon Aku
>Aku flings him into the distant future
>prince is named "Jack" by the locals
>there are time portals but he has yet to make it through one
>makes friends with a fiery, uncouth Scotsman

S'bout it.

I honestly don't give a fuck about what people say or the opinions they make of it. I'm still going to watch the shit regardless

Well alright lads, from what i can remember watching this cartoon as a kid it was a monster of the week thing with very minor plot to have a continuity between seasons going, but the seasons are short enough so i'll just watch it from the beggining.

>your pic
DID NOT NOTICE

What i want to know is why does Sup Forums keep pretending there's a civil war over this?

>"Did you watch the threads saying the shows sucks now?"

Yeah, i fucking saw them, they can all be summed up as "WTF, i hate SJ now!"

One episode people don't like and everyone loses their shit?
I thought episode 4 was ok, yea ashi was a bit overkill, but I don't think shes gonna stick around for every episode.
Sheesh, you people act like 1 meh episode kills the entire show.

Hi. Former Jack supporter here. It's fun to see this show crash and burn but seriously let's all go back to Rick and Morty!

The show is trying to tell us Ashi is the yin to Jack's yang since the beginning

Genndy can be a master of composition at his best.

I had no idea about these things

It's not about knowing the continuity forward and back, it's about understanding the mood and aesthetic.

If they had more episodes to work with I'd be fine with Ashi but as of rn it's gonna ruin the whole ending because unless Gendi is fucking god there's no way he can do all that character development, show aku as well, finish up the sisters of aku storyline, and provide a meaningful end to aku's evil or jack's failure. If he manages it it'll become the most kino cartoon ever but if he doesn't it's fucked

Yo nigger. Do you know where you are? Anons dont type like that here.

It literally a single Barneyfag tier autist waging a one-man war on Samurai Jack.

>Ratings dropped
>no source

You are the same autist who said that Samurai jack being the most viewed show of the demographic was a failure, aren't you?

>>Ratings dropped
is this true?

I am cooler than you

>I honestly don't give a fuck about what people say or the opinions they make of it. I'm still going to watch the shit regardless
this
Jack is the BEST cartoon show after Batman The Animated series.
i just love how both of these shows are super stylish artistic and have many great characters.

The show so far has been phenomenal, the people who are dropping it because of Ashi are immature virgins who can't appreciate good storytelling. The show is ending on its own terms and nothing of value has been lost.

>Pull out a ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>People just resort to streaming or torrenting instead of dealing with that

Really activates the almonds

>Either a number is positive, it's negative, or it's zero.
Real fucking insightful there.

Protip: Sup Forums isn't the one who's preventing you from enjoying anything- in fact half of what you said is straight-up fabricated- you're the one who's looking for something to ruin the experience for yourself. And, from the sounds of it, for other people as well. But jokes on you, there's only a handful of people as pathetic as you and they've already ruined the enjoyment of everything for themselves.

So I'm the only one who doesn't give a damn about ashi one way or the other ?

This.

it's literally a meme season taylor made for reddit

I think it has to do with people being butthurt that they waited late at night to watch samurai jack to witness four hours of rick and morty.

so they'll rather just do their own thing and watch it online when the eventual rips come out.
The whole Aishi thing is irrelevant, I doubt people will drop samurai jack after waiting for 10+ years for Aishi.
but then again I do enjoy her since she'll help jack find his purpose.

shutup thot

That's literally all of the opinions you could have, dipshit. Other than thinking she's fine, neither adding nor detracting from the show. Which I think is the case.

>Ratings dropped
The ratings aren't even out yet, OP is a dirty liar.

Ratings have released.

They didn't drop and OP is a faggot.

>MUH DELAY
>MUH ASHI

SJ fans are the worst cartoon fans in recent memory. Prove me wrong.

dude ashi lmao
dude 7 out of 10 episodes wasted to flesh out jack's cumdump lmao

Damn those are some good ratings

People are mad that Jack is trying to save Ashi even though Ashi was obviously going to have a redemption arc since the first fucking episode because THIS IS SAMURAI JACK NOT ASSASSIN ASHI FUCKING BULLSHIT SJW WOMAN-PANDERING ANTI-MALE PROPAGANDA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not watching this show until he shaves that stupid beard.

>I understand that many of your criticisms are legitimate.
No, many of their criticism really aren't.

This is why if you enjoy something stay the FUCK AWAY FROM THE ONLINE FANDOM. Just watch it and form your own opinion, don't let that kind of autism cloud your judgement.

>JoJo's ratings
People literally begged for this shit for years

I don't see how Ashi is a foil at all. Maybe she is one, but I don't see it.

I really don't understand why she's here.

BURP MORTY GOD ISN'T REAL

Genndy has said before that he's talking to [as] for another show.

>Jack grabs a bug monster leg
>it makes the same stock katana noises like every other sword

I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

I didn't realize katanas made different sounds than other swords.

Superior nippon steel, user.

Wait, wait, wait: Samurai Jack is THE top show on cable!? What the actual fuck!?

Wow, it's almost like it was a popular cartoon that's getting a long-awaited conclusion or something!

>Tokyo Ghoul in the top 5

I want to know how this hyper-condensed, ugly ass adaptation is so popular.

But nobody even watches cartoons. Like, I can't think of a single normie who'd admit to watching The Simpsons or Family Guy these days, let alone something that originated as a kid show like SJ.

Family Guy is normie as fuck, what are you talking about?

As for Samurai Jack, I imagine it's getting watched by all the people who watched it as a kid and have fond memories of it.

It's new and it's edgy.

>or somewhere in the middle
this is not how Sup Forums works, you either love something or hate the shit out of it

Animation isn't normie by definition, especially these days when counterculture is dead and buried

Holy shit, I need these individual screenshots for my desktops