So I just finished watching mindhunter

So I just finished watching mindhunter.

What did I think of it?

Criminal minds: Netflix edition

U BE SAYIN IF WE UNDERSTAND DA CRIMINAL WE CAN CATCH DA CRIMINAL?

absolutely loved it. Except for the usual "we have to force a LGBT character into our show"

You thought it was brilliant despite its many flaws.

You enjoyed the parts you liked and disliked the parts you didn't enjoy.

You liked it, but all the autistic serial killers hit a bit close to home.

Yeah when he started going on about not having a girlfriend and missing out on a teenage sexual experience ... yep.

This, but Holden seems to go through a similar meditation on his own psyche and the scene at the end where Kemper reveals his true power level was all the more impactful for it. It shows that just because you have an interest in something doesn't mean you are a full-on psycho, in fact it's human nature to be curious. And sympathizing with the killers may actually be a sign of empathy. The show unironically helped me put some thoughts I've been having into perspective and taught me that no realm of thinking should be off-limits or else we risk not understanding ourselves.

Long story short, you can be interested in serial killers and not be one yourself, and that's a very freeing thought.

So did the creepy man who was burning his satanic drawings and shit actually commit the first murder of the cat, the girl and the last one with the schoolgirl?

fagmount

Ed was the best part because he's a big guy for Holden.

Holden's obvious gayness made his every relationship scene very awkward.

Bill was cool.

Sound design was good!

You enjoyed it, but thought “Wow, this protagonist sure eats a lot of pussy. I thought he was a fuckin fag”

HOL UP

The Protag's girlfriend cucked him and was grinding up against the little soyboy but the protag took her back ANYWAY? Only for her to fuck off later?

I found it entertaining.

The main character being a flaming homosexual actually does cause issues, because it is so glaringly obvious that it makes parts of the story unbelievable.

Anyone else think when the shrink kept going to the laundry room to feed the cat there was going to be a rape scene?

wtf was the point of these scenes

she became a cat lady or was lonely or some shit

the fact she reported the tape made me hate the fucking bitch

well they needed a protagonist

I thought the point was going to be she was going to get raped and maybe attempted murder (she kicks her way out or something) and now the evil people she is studying have directly affected.

I donno though, maybe I just wanted to see her get raped.

You mean Dennis Rader, the BTK Killer?

Yeah but obviously I dont really want to google this shit and be spoiled I'm just wondering why he appeared in every episode

The only period-accurate character personality is the biff tannen cop apart from where he said "serial killer murdering old women... blacks and latinos are too respectful to do that so it must be white trash" was cringeworthy

Within a few minutes of watching it my gaydar went off and I googled to see if the main character's actor was gay and that ruined the immersion a bit, unless he turns out to be gay

The girlfriend is a completely unlikable anachronistic 2017 uni zombie personality, the relationship scenes are just a platform to promote pussywhipped behavior i.e. holden being cucked and not even dumping her

The bit where the lesbian professor feeds a cat tuna and it's supposed to be super deep character development was annoying

It was the christcuck that sent the tape wasnt it?

Yeah but she reported it to the FBI boss first

If I had to guess, they are just building up BTK as the first big failure of Holden from a profiling perspective. That, or his profile is on, but other factors lead to their failure.