ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds

ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds.

Somerset was the real killer and John Doe was just a patsy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GA4Ozqt7338
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/somerset patsy/type/op/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The kids escaping to Neverland in Peter Pan was merely the fantasy they had to escape into when they were raped by the dad at night.

The scenes with the robbers in the Home Alone movies were just fantasy projections that the kid had to escape into to avoid the traumatic realization that he'd been utterly fucked over by his parents leaving him behind

Marla Singer wasn't real

these "it was a fantasy" only blow your mind if you're a fuckin pleb. Somebody walk me through all the theories over who was the thing in the Thing again, now that is a mind blower. Also Darth Jar Jar.

Fight Club is actually about grown up Calvin and Hobbes

This, literally any and all stories can be replaced with "lol it was just a dream to avoid the bad things"

>he doesn't realize that the everything in Home Alone is filmed realistically, except the episodes with the robbers, which take on a cartoonish logic ala Tom & Jerry (e.g. no death or serious hurt even when a brick is thrown from great heights, etc.)
>he doesn't realize that even though the kid wrecks the entire house, nothing remains of the damage when the parents return home

>he actually typed all that

The Shining is about white oppression of Native Americans and contains hints of Kubrick faking the moon landing.

Luke learned how to astral project and didn't actually die because he was just a chain of holo-Lukes.

>implying that is a lot to type

WATCH IT CHRISSY

The "real world", ie. Zion, wasn't real, but a deeper level of the Matrix, which is why Neo could electrocute those Sentinels.

In the first BTTF, at the end of the film we watch Marty watch another version of him drive off in the Delorean and time travel.

The problem is, these two Marty's are seperate people. BTTF seems to work on rules that the time traveller can still effect things that might remove them from existance (Or rid their past of the ability to time travel, Old biff in BTTF2 hands young Biff the Almanac and removes himself from existance in the future, but when Marty and Doc return to the past Old Biff is still there to hand himself the book). So there are two Martys.

If both the first universe Marty (Twin Pines Marty) and the second (Lone Pines Marty) time travelled to the same time (And location) they would collide with eachother, likely wiping out all of time and space.

If they didn't, and somehow Lone Pines Marty is the only Marty in that version of 1955, then we have a different problem. in which a Marty with a vastly different life growing up on Stories of how his parents meet thanks to Darth Vader and some guy called Marty had to try and get back to the future he would likely go about it in a completely different way, creating another third universe which would override the old one. And that Marty would then go on to create a new universe and so on and so on ad infititum.

Doc really has only one choice. Make sure Lone Pines Marty does not travel towards 1955 and make sure Lone Pines Marty and Twin Pines Marty never meet. The only real way to accomplish this is to kill one of them, or remove them from the picture.

So, Doc in Lone Pines universe has two Deloreans, Two Marty's. He only needs one of each and he has an easy way to get rid of one of each. Rig the Delorean to send Marty to his death.

TL;DR Doc in back to the future killed the Alt! Marty by rigging the Delorean to save the universe from a never ending loop that would only end when one version of Marty fucked up and prevented his own birth, probably by fucking his mom or something.

>Darth Jar Jar

I ignored this one for so long because it sounded like bullshit but it actually seems like that's what Lucas was originally going for.

Kubrick was having a laugh, there were conspiracy theories about the moon landing involving him all throughout the 70's.

Sucker punch was actually real

That one unironically blew my mind. It's eerie how well it all fits.

>unironically blew my mind
You're such a faggot.

4U

Aunt May from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy knows Peter is Spider-Man. it makes her speech in Spider-Man 2 make sense

All (major) Tom Hanks characters are the same guy.

Think about it.

Landed on the Beaches of Normandy in WWII.

In an alternate timeline, he survives and fight in the Pacific but is washed up on a beach a thousand miles from anywhere.

Is rescued, but goes down in the New York waters as Sully.

And eventually he fights in Vietnam.

And later, he is Forest Gump looking back on all of it while eating chocolates.

>The opening scene of The Dark Knight Rises was a dream that Vincent, the dog from ABC's hit television show LOST, had while asleep on the beach.

Oh, and The Burbs= living comfortably in the suburbs at the end of the 20th Century after it all.

Now, where does Big fit into this timeline?

Man I just wrote out The Thing conspiracies last night.

There are three possible endings.
Both were aliens.
Neither were aliens and both would die, unsure if they actually stopped the alien or not.
Mac was human and Childs an alien, Mac fries Childs regardless if he is human or not on principle that he can't be trusted. Mac stalks the camp destroying all the biomass he can.

It's entirely possible that in any of these endings Nauls is still alive (and an alien) making it even more futile. Since his death is not shown on scene.

Harry Potter only fucked one woman in his entire life

I feel like fight club is one of the few movies where these sorts of "it wasn't real" theories aren't retarded

why is every "theory" about being dead or traumatized? It's insulting to even use the term 'theory' when it's just wild guessing and trying to make things fit

>It's entirely possible that in any of these endings Nauls is still alive

Oh fug you're right

MacReady blasted Childs with a hidden flamethrower after the scene ended. Its a parallel to the computer chess scene at the beginning.

is the original The Thing worth watch?

Entirely possible, but not likely. Kurt came out during an interview and stated in the script he was intended to be shown dead and assimilated into the Blake-Thing biomass. Just like in the script Childs is torched.

However as seen in the movie itself.
The good guys lose and could be implied the alien survived by putting biomass hidden away.

As to actual Thing conspiracies that I enjoy that are a little more absurd.

It's entirely possible that Fuchs wasn't killed, not how we think he was.
He was assimilated and sent away into the frozen waste to freeze. The body we are seeing could be any number of persons. Including the Norwegians. As they state the lights had been out for hours.

If these three shows are all created by the same person I don't see why this is so spooky.

That does make sense, because having Marty in Lone Pine 1985 go back in time from there, he only risks fucking things up whereas Twin Pines 1985 Marty could just improve things. But then again, the "fading problem" would still be in effect, as the fading indicates that it's still one universe and not two, otherwise there would still be a concurrent Twin Pines universe where Marty is gone, Doc is dead, and Marty's brother is still working at Burger King.

No, it was never filmed. Kurt Russell stated it in the interview that it was scripted, but they ran close to the date and had to finish it. Which is why Naul's death was never shown. Not enough time to film.

The Thing is a masterpiece of horror that is rarely seen.
It has human drama, suspense, body horror, monsters, gore, mystery. It surpasses so many genres in a successful way rarely seen.

If you've never watched it, I'd say it is a movie you must see at least once in life.

Oh whoops, I did see that one. The Thing From Another World is what I meant

The old black and white? With the Frankenstein type monster? Its good but very different, based more closely on 'who goes there'

Oh, it's not good, but it's not as bad as any MST3K movie. If you're into the genre, yes you can watch it.
However i'd rather have a Who Goes There? miniseries where they actually have like thirty+ people and the alien takes over them.

stupid

the entire matrix trilogy/animatrix takes place inside of a two leveled matrix, and we never see any part of the real world or who is controlling the matrix cycles
or
neo never left the matrix at the end of the second movie and a backup program initiated upon his entering of the other door (both doors lead to unique parts of the source) which resulted in zion's final destruction and the end of the matrix megacycle towards a new megacycle of zions until it happened again. everyone trapped in the matrix still was transferred over and everyone outside was killed

>The Thing is a masterpiece of horror that is rarely seen
And not a woman in sight
why do the ruin everything?

all they offer is "sex appeal" and I don't want that in my thinking movies

no...kubrick doesn't "have laughs"

John Doe is Keyser Söze. Think about it.

>Somerset

John Carpenter said you can tell who was a Thing by their eyes.

He made anyone taken over by The Thing have dry, lifeless eyes; where humans had normal "wet" eyes.

>based more closely on 'who goes there'
that is wrong, carpenter was much closer.

>these threads get no replies
>the Sup Forums and star wars threads get 6000000000000000 replies

He's still asleep

welcome to /plebshit/
all star wars and capeshit should be banned

real shit

>tries to use logic for a time travel story

Bigger Luke.

You're thinking of Cundey, who is the one you're quoting.
>So we were looking for some kind of a subtle way, to say which one of these (men) might be human. You'll notice there's always an eye light, we call it, a little gleam in the eye of the actor. It gives life.
John Carpenter has specifically repeated countless times he wanted the ending and who was and wasn't a monster at what time ambiguous. As knowing takes away from the movie, the point is to think about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GA4Ozqt7338
You'll also notice at the start that Childs has breath, one of the big conspiracy theories, but dead eyes as you're saying.
Where the video game which is cannon says Childs is not a monster.

Simply put the eye trick was an easter egg added by the person who actually filmed it and not by the director. As John Carpenter was not on scene for every shot, also not every single shot has the dead eyes. Even when we know clearly that x or y person is now the monster.

Women can often add to the movie, but in this genre they often ruin things by causing unneeded drama.
The drama here is one of survival and prejudice. Something often missed when people first watched the movie.
They forget these guys have been here for months, if not some of them for multiple years together. They might not of liked eachother and now that the struggle is real, tensions became high.

>black guy
cuck

because it's a children's movie not a dramatic recreation.

i think that's debunked with the: neo is basically on wifi so he can connect with all machines even irl, explanation.

the machines outside of the matrix are also connected to a larger internet type source. neo can tap into that line which is why he can manipulate the matrix like they can. so irl he can talk to the machines and they can communicate with him. i don't think they knew he could do that hence being able to remotely shut off machines in the real.

which explains agent smith and how all the real world machines moves in unison and didn't seem to have independent thought. they do have independent thought's but they are all in harmony with this core. agent smith was completely rebellious and getting to the real world meant he endangered them in the physical world and the matrix, was was an even bigger concern than the humans. he was rebellion on their own people. all smith wanted was free will, but he achieved that through destruction.

He fucked Ron too in the books

>never seen the thing

Hooo boy I wish I were this guy and and to experience it for the first time again.

you can literally apply this to any film ever. it's the laziest shit

Part 2 shows that the same person directly interacting with their counterpart doesn't actually do shit

>whole movie was a dream

Fuck this ending

Bump

Agent Smith was The One, not Neo.

The famous statue of liberty, decaying in the sand is not meant to represent a future earth where apes have taken over. It is meant to represent an acid flashback and he was on normal earth just chilling on the beach,
He just happened to have a very hairy girlfriend. and lived in a black neighbourhood

No he isn't.

Lisa wasn't real. Michael just imagined her and fucked the mechanical doll.

And you thought it was just soyboy-core. This theory explains all the weird "anomalies" in the story. It's genius dark comedy.

Joking aside they only added that bit at the end of production. In the book it was simply supposed to be a different planet entirely. But they ran with the future thing in all the sequels and it made it more interesting.

That's retarded with Home Alone because Kevin didn't think his parents left him behind he thought he had wished them away. That's why he never tries to get any help.

>"KEVIN WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM!"
You're fucking retarded

>The whole Inception movie was just Cobb's fantasy.

Whoa

I think he means the earliest version. Or maybe he doesn't know there is one

She's his daughter.

>the original
It's like a totally different movie.

He's her son

>In the film Noah, God is a bad guy....

Unless she wants to fuck her father no.

Its not really a theory about the movie it's more of a guess about what Lucas's intentions were, and it's likely correct

Get the Gringo is a sequel to Payback

The sequels went to some weird places.

In Iron Man 2, they cut to Happy Hogan driving Black Widow to a fight scene while Stark and War Machine are in battle. She starts taking her clothes off and there is a slightly grauitous PG13 bra shot. Hogan looks at her in the rearview mirror and swerves the car. She says "keep your eyes on the road" and they cut back to the action.

If you haven't picked up on it yet- Happy Hogan is played by Jon Favreau, the movies director (driving the car). In the middle of the film's climax they cut away from the action to put in a pointless sexy scene (veering off the road). She points it out to him and they cut back to the action.

Capeshit can be kino.

cumulatively, this thread has received tons of replies

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/somerset patsy/type/op/

Animal Mother & Private Pyle are the same person.

This one isn't a theory, it's just bits left over from earlier drafts of the movie that weren't properly written over when they turned it into a more generic action flick. She was definitely supposed to be his daughter.

Probably in Phoenix, there's loads of weird shit in there

tommy lee jones is the ghost of josh brolin retracing his steps up until he died, the other "old men" he talks to are ghosts too. every scene with tommy lee takes place in the afterlife

I was introduced the other day to the spiked drink idea, that the swigs they took at the end, one could have been - man I forget the details. A poison or the fuel they used for the molotovs. Heard it's a popular theory so if you know it I'm sure my shjitty memory will prompt enough. Any of you know anything about that one? Haven't gotten to see the end since I was told about it

The Home Alone movies are the prequels to the SAW movies

please
e x p a n d
on this

Please explain Somerset theory.

John Doe was just the patsy.

Somerset was the real killer.

In the beginning we see a ton of Christmas Tree air freshners on the desk of Somerset

Somerset doesn't want Mills as lead detective on the case, why? Mills has a lot of detective experience, he would have been more than capable of leading the investigation.

Somerset can be seen fleeing one of the crime scenes covered in blood

Mills brings up 2 references from Dante in the car when Doe is in the backseat, he never even acknowledges them.

We never actually see the head in the box, it was probably empty, Somerset faked being disgusted and wouldn't tell Mills it was empty, letting Mills imagination run wild.

Somerset agrees to go over to Mills' house for dinner even though he really doesn't like people anymore, why is that?

Somerset asked Mills if he checked for a pulse on the victim. Mills said no. Then ironically, when they found the "Sloth" victim, no one bothered checking the pulse. It's because he knew they would eventually find the "sloth" victim and he knew he would still be alive.

This one got me, damn
It's so obvious in retrospect

why would john doe go along with it?

>Somerset can be seen fleeing one of the crime scenes covered in blood
which one?

This is retarded, bro.

>reddit spacing