JUST KIDDING MORTY I'M FUCKING EVIL AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE FOR NO REASON NOW

>JUST KIDDING MORTY I'M FUCKING EVIL AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE FOR NO REASON NOW

Why are they doing this ambiguity shit with Rick these past two seasons?

The fact that he actually loves Morty deeply was central to things and very well established, this edgy shit is garbage and totally out of character

Dude, they're obviously pulling a Professor Snape, c'mon now.

seshuan sauce lamow my dude

they're genuinely trying to make it seem ambiguous as to whether or not he loves morty, which is fucking stupid because they've already made it clear that he does many times

How is this him not still loving Morty? Jerry is a fucking Asshole that wanted to split the family. Well he got EXACTLY what he wanted

They're trying to create doubt for suspense. We'll know why soon enough.

The past two seasons have been filled with Rick pushing Morty down stairs and laughing at him while making it abundantly clear that he thought Jerry was a pathetic half-man that he laments having to spend any time around. How is saying "I got rid of your shitty fucking dad and am a hero for doing it so shut your mouth and help me do something stupid" out of character?

It's not, user is just retarded

Because Justin and Harmon probably got tired of edgy atheist redditors unironically treating Rick like some sort of voice of reason when you're not supposed to sympathize with him, so they made it clear that he's an asshole now.

Comedic subversion.

are you autistic? rick covers up his feelings about his grandchildren always. has been a staple of his character since episode 1.

> Bringing Reddit into this

>Le spoopy reddit meme Exx Dee
Legitimately more cancerous than the shows fandom at this point.
Fuck off user.

>>JUST KIDDING MORTY I'M FUCKING EVIL AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE FOR NO REASON NOW
It had been pointed out that Rick is an asshole in all dimensions. It's just that THIS Rick is actually slightly less evil than normal. That doesn't make him good, it just makes you realise the alternative is much worse.

it's a meme show, taylor made for reddit, what do you expect?

Actually this Rick is on the evil side. Remember the Rickicidal Rick and his Rick spectrum?

And herein sums up the average Rick and Morty hater.

Can't provide anything of substance, only uses buzzwords, can't even fucking spell "tailor".

>Actually this Rick is on the evil side. Remember the Rickicidal Rick and his Rick spectrum?
They all are. But for some reason this Rick cares about his Morty.

>taylor
,':-^ )

Are you that faggot who thinks he was being serious before the rant became about dipping sauce?

aku kidding me?

fuck people take the this show too serious for some reason, its a back to the future rip off and of course the plot is going to fucked in ways

There was honestly hardly a plot to begin with. Most episodes are completely watchable as their own thing without requiring much preknowledge. Only major exception I can think of is the Season 3 premiere, as its part 2 of a 2 parter

>rick's "accident" story
huh, that's kind of neat
>haha just kidding I made that up BRAAAP
oh ;/

Justin Roiland is legit mentally ill and improvises those rants. It literally means nothing.

Caring about Morty doesn't mean Rick isn't an asshole to him, it means he doesn't want him dead

It was a false memory, but that doesn't mean it wasn't more based on fact than Rick would care to admit.

>fuck people take the this show too serious for some reason
because at this point the show wants you to take it seriously, they're doing the whole "deepest story" bullshit and all that

>the show wants you to take it seriously
>after rick fucks up all the loose plot threads and gets rid of the worst character
Here on out is episodic hijinks, calling it.

Who's Taylor, and what did they have to do with the production of Rick & Morty?

This is the same guy who tried to kill himself because he couldn't have sex and do drugs at the cost of billions of lives. He is incapable of caring about anyone but himself, even that time he sacrificed himself it was his ego working because he wanted to go out a hero.

Wrong, this show is a real dye man in the ref.

>>after rick fucks up all the loose plot threads and gets rid of the worst character
Beth is still here.

This.
It shocks me to no end that the people who like this show have no idea what it's trying to say or how its characters are portrayed past: DUDE SCIENCE LMAO.

I feel sorry for Roiland. Unless he's the cuck making these fucking threads in which case fucking stop it you attention seeking little shit.

Stop changing how to make the face [s4s]. I can't keep up with what's in vogue and I desperately want to remain cool.

It was literally just a funny rant. You fucking retard.

I kinda love this episode cause its insidiously meta. Summer is us, the viewers, who think Rick is a cool meme dude who saves the day with science while being oh so nihilistic and smart. Morty is the writers showing us a laundry list of monsterous actions. Of course we don't listen to Morty we just think Rick is a tortured man with the heart of a hero.

But he's not. He's a fucking terrorist who cares for whatever makes him feel good. His heroic moments and mere blips in his endless quest to forget about everything by chasing a high. Or Asian sauce. Either or

Rick lives a hedonistic lifestyle. He does what he wants, when he wants, and damn the consequences on a multidimensional scale. He cares about summer and morty because they are his only company on his adventures these days. He broke down a diagram on why they are both shit to him. Everything is his and beneath him and for the taking. He just barely cares enough to keep himself alive.

I'm just hoping Beth and Summer get shit on by Rick at some point. It's kind of lame how Morty and Jerry face all the horrors.

I hope Jerry gets out of the whole situation and Morty starts solo adventuring more often so Rick can B-plot like Something Ricked

Rick is just as selfish as he is incredibly self-loathing and self-destructive and would rather keep making himself out an unabashed ass than admit he has soft spots for anyone

he's an alcoholic. You're overthinking it, he's probably just drunk when he goes on crazy rants or pushes morty down a flight of stairs.

How are we sure it isn't a simulation?

>people not getting the joke

It'd be neat if Evil Morty took on a mentor role for our Morty. Like have some shadowy figure give Morty a portal gun and starts to use him to fix problems or something

Rick is bipolar. He's tried to kill himself and displays manic behavior on a regular basis. Right now he's in a manic state, has spent a significant amount of time being squeezed for information by his enemies, and his very return caused his daughter to get a divorce. He's pretending he doesn't care because feeling hurts.

>because at this point the show wants you to take it seriously

You don't honestly believe this, do you?

what makes you think that's the rick you've been watching for two seasons

>DUDE GOD DOESN'T EXIST LMAO

It's not out of character, Seshuan Sauce drives people insane. Trust me

It really bothered me how he didn't have the drool coming out for most of that rant
What does it mean?

Summary: "REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Buddy breathe and count to ten before you get near a keyboard. R&M is the best cartoon on TV right now and you're so desperate to find a flaw that you're blowing shit out of proportion to do it. R&M has a rubber band reality- it stretches in individual episodes but snaps back to its core in others. Your hair-trigger hate boner proves you don't deserve cartoons

>they're doing the whole "deepest story" bullshit and all that

Since when?

Triggered?

>Jerry is a fucking Asshole that wanted to split the family. Well he got EXACTLY what he wanted
He wanted to have a normal family and not deal with Ricks shit

>Summary: "REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Funny how the same point can be applied to your post.

>the guy who just showed up two years ago, takes Jerry's kids and gets them damn near killed every week for no reason
>family
Jerry is absolutely right to hate Rick.

"now"?

Why do tards get triggered when a show that involves time travel and the concept of different realities becomes deep every now and then? Why wouldn't a show go into that territory? That would just be a huge missed opportunity. Do you just want it to be a show about rick being a fucking asshat and cool science shit all the time? Sounds like something that would get played out really fast.

Wrong man. I'm sitting back kicking up my heels and enjoying the hell out of rick and Morty, unlike you autistic children who are physically incapable of enjoying something because you're too sexually frustrated

>unlike you autistic children who are physically incapable of enjoying something because you're too sexually frustrated
>projecting this hard

>Do you just want it to be a show about rick being a fucking asshat and cool science shit all the time?
the writers believe so

Not him, but on the Rick moral duality scale THE Rick is firmly on the evil side of the spectrum. Also in S3 Morty stresses that their Rick is also the Rickest Rick, which includes the default evil inherent in all Rick's.

Rick is better off to EVERYONE in jail.

Time travel is infamously the only thing Rick hasn't figured out.

Rick probably lost more in his body hopping then he realized.

He did lose how to improvise.

>gets rid of the worst character
Jerry is the voice of reason a lot of the times. He may be whiny as shit and smug when he is proven right about something, but he's the only one who really questions Rick's actions, other than Morty on ocassion. What we're left with is...

Beth, who has abandonment issues and refuses to see any flaws in Rick.

Summer, who seeks his approval because she doesn't respect Jerry and looks to Rick as her strong male role model.

So this is going to be come "Rick does whatever he wants to do, with Morty occasionally protesting, but probably getting BTFO."

>thread backfire on OP

One can see a similar relation between Flapjack and Cptn. Knuckles. I think it's typical wizard and his apprentice connection, although in comedy sense.

BBUUUURRPPPP MORTY GOD ISN'T REAL

are you really this stupid?
do you really need someone to spoon feed you an explanation of the characters?

>season 2 gives Rick consequences for his actions and progresses him as a character by accepting those consequences and the reality that he is destroying his family and they will be better off without him
>season 3 erases that completely

Rick loves Morty. That's -why- he doesn't want someone pathetic like Gerry raising him and why he ranted. Some times his rage means hes lying to himself too.

>Rick just turned himself into official Public Enemy #1 for all other Ricks after genociding most of himselves
>All order in the Galaxy is now turned to chaos, worlds burn, civilizations crumble, and if anyone will ask who to blame for it, the only answer will be "Rick"
>Rick put Morty on the war path against himself and doesn't even seem to know it
>He put Jerry on the war path against him, and Jerry is best friends with a Rick
>Just because none of these consequences showed up by the end of the first fucking episode of the season, this means none of them will in episodes to come

Doesn't help that the rest of the episodes are months away. We won't know until more episodes come out and until then we're left with a foul taste in our mouth. Not a good look.

Are you retarded, user?

>defending reddit
>"triggered"
>Samurai Cuck reaction meme
Par for the course.

me and all my elementary school friends love it because it's clever and have poop jokes

>NOW

Where are you guys coming from? When has Rick ever not been an asshole?

Newsflash - Rick has been an irredeemable monster since breaking the second microverse.

Even the single most evil and selfish non-Rick character on the show fell to his knees and started crying in despair despite treating those very same people as slaves. That's how fucking evil Rick is.

(how)

>I'M FUCKING EVIL AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE FOR NO REASON NOW
>NOW

Just wait. He's still a fucking dick, but he cares more than he lets on.

Rick never wants to admit he cares, I always thought that was his shick.

>Looking forward to Rick wreaking Tanny and his confrontation with Evil Morty.

Whenever a show tries to have an ongoing plot people treat it like it's fucking Boardwalk Empire or something and get upset when the plot takes the backseat to jokes.

Where were you guys when 12oz Mouse was on?

>I don't like this show so it's reddit

ok

I like the show but even I can see how it's a parallel to Reddit, at least to the r/atheism, gaming subreddits, and science subreddits. All table top gamers I know are hardcore redditors/bernie supporters/R&M fans, all overweight and around 30 years old.

reddit is the Sup Forums for ~~~~~~

Did you watch the first ep?

>100 years rick and morty

Couldn't you just open up to a dimension that is the exact same as your own except [Insert Measurement of Time Here] backwards or forwards from the one you're in right now?

Reddit and Sup Forums are the same fucking place.
Over half of each websites userbase is shared between the two

They're probably going to address that at some point. I wager they go the time is fake route, and it's just a relative way to measure how long something exists for.

There's a lot of cross-site traffic, but there are fundamental differences in how each site functions, and this perpetuates a cultural trend that has existed on Sup Forums since well before reddit or tumblr even existed.

Is episode 2 already out? Or only the first ep so far?

dude, do you even Sup Forums?

Damn, the pacing on that episode. I really have mixed feelings about that, everything in episode 1 went too fast. Expected at least 2 episodes showing escape of Rick.

It started fine at the beggining, the first half was ok but second was full of deus ex machina, we get it, Rick is inteligent but come on, all other Ricks in all parallel universes are bunch of retards?

Also I dont understand the divorce of Beth and Jerry. It makes zero sense. Of course, what Jerry said was stupid and it backfired on him, but:
Seconds before arrival of Rick Beth says how much she cares about Jerry

Numerous times throughout the show you could have seen that Beth and Jerry indeed cared for each other

It kinda makes Beth the most inconsistent and badly written character in the show. Why she doesnt care about what Rick does with her son? Why she is so eager to divorce Jerry? Why she would divide her family for no real reason? Why she always kisses her fathers ass?

Anyway I think much can change later in the season. For some reason I like Jerry and the fact that he is completely different from I-Do-Everything-With-Ease Rick. Kinda hope Rick wont become some edgy sort of Mary Sue character, however I think creators of this show are too good to do this.

>somebody changed in personality after their best friend was murdered in front of them, the government imprisoned them, and they were tortured in prison
Whose writing this? A couple of hacks! Rick would stay juuuust the same.

I don't think that the divorce means we won't be seeing Jerry anymore. I guarantee they'll get back together before the end of the season.

if they didn't want people to become emotionally invested in Rick then they shouldn't have ended the Unity episode the way that they did, it was clearly meant to get you in the feels

also the S2 finale

>r/atheism
that's Sup Forums
>gaming subreddits
oh come on, that's totally Sup Forums
>science subreddits
Sup Forums